drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » Midi ableton live
Go to the bottom of this page Midi ableton live
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.50

Hey im completely new, first startup. Now i want to insert a midi file to it, but i dont seem to find out how this thing works?? I got o "insert" "insert midi track" i get a blank midi thing on my screen, but where can i select my midi file? I searched the web but cant seem to find any tut. If someone could help me out!

I Aprreciate it, what i am trying to achieve is load in a midi track. Select a midi part say the bass melody, and i want to send it out with midi out. I know ableton live supports this, but i have no clue how to do this whatsoever.

Thx in advance
27-09-2008 09:44
CLARKFADER
unregistered
hi , always check UTUBE 4 tutorials 4 anything !!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed9DUBsVa_M

sorry but ive gotta go , but theres alot of usefull stuff on there !!!!!!!!!!
27-09-2008 12:27
rockx
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

I figured it out somewhat. I insert new midi track, then i browsed to my midi file, double clicked it so it was copied into my track. However it does not make any sounds when i hit the play button?

I would like to send midi out now, with one particular instrument of the midi file, say the synth. But how do send it to midi out now?
27-09-2008 17:59
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

In session view, on the right hand side of the screen click on the I-O icon to see input and out puts

Then in your midi track you can select the midi routing

eg where the input signal is coming from (midi controller keyboard etc)

and where it is going to

The routing in ableton is pretty clear so you should be able to follow it through

Peace

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

28-09-2008 09:02 Homepage of Binary Havoc
rockx
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Sorry beeing bit of a noob, do you mean this screen?
However what do i need to choose here, i just need to send the midi clip out to my emx. However in my ouput screen i cannot choose anything but the Microsoft wave thingy. And control surface i can choose lots of different things but i don't have to choose one, cause i cannot choose ableton live itself.

As shown in the screenshot you see that in track 2 i have midi 2 is this routed to be automatically to be send too my emx channel 2 or?

As last how do i send the midi file, do i have to press the button "dump"?
28-09-2008 11:32
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » Midi ableton live