drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Can someone please help me get some bass??
Go to the bottom of this page Can someone please help me get some bass??
Author
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

sample manipulation is an art in itself

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
26-09-2008 07:07 Homepage of cynik
J.Rabbit J.Rabbit is a male
Creativity through Mental Illness...

images/avatars/avatar-2547.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
sample manipulation is an art in itself

I agree in a sense, but if you listen to the orignal of what you sampled, and it's obvious, I think more work should be done... when I'm doing drums, I'll listen to the unaltered breaks I'm using, and then my work, if the 2 are too similar for whatever reason, I'll go back and start cutting up the break or eqing things differently...

like someone else mentioned, some presets, will be used here to there, "a guitar riff, a drum roll, etc.etc.etc." but to take another producer's bassline, like a "wob" from a twisted individual tune, then writting a tune with it, I would see as unacceptable... I use to do that stuff when I was first starting, when I was trying to figure out what "hz" stood for and what "envelope" meant...

to whoever said whatever originally, you can arrange other's sound in any way that you want, and it may sound good, and in some cases, may get a good reaction in a club (like if you sampled a popular song and morphed it), but to take balant samples from someone else takes away from one's one authenticity and credibility... when one can sit down and decide to make noises from scratch, hear the noises mentally and put them into a computer... that's not just talent, but musical knowledge as well.. I would recommend just playing around with shit, half the time, the noises I find are by accident...

*also, I think this all started by someone saying that the dnb presets in massive were good... doesn't anyone else tweak presets? isn't that their point... I'll open up a preset and the tweek the shit out of it until it's an original sound...

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

"Clownstep is a derisory term, used by certain listeners to describe a certain style in a negative way, it's not a subgenre as such, but most producers would feel insulted by the labelling of their music as "clownstep"."
26-09-2008 08:32 Homepage of J.Rabbit
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

yeah thats why I wrote "manipulation". its obviously a world thats a lot different than the "reuse recycle" you seem to speak of

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
26-09-2008 19:01 Homepage of cynik
InsidiousX InsidiousX is a male
True Raver

images/avatars/avatar-2583.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

at the end of the day it should matter how the fuck you make a tune as long as it sound good and people will rabe to it.
the majority of the people who will criticize you for being 'too simple' about how you made the tune are other producers
just make sure you ask before using a sample or the original artist will have the propa arseole wiv ya, and in extreme cases youll get sued or shot.
but anyway, if u wanna make a decent bass sound from scratch, you DO need to learn how to manipulate sound for example, what a square bass sounds like, and exactly what distortion does to the sound when its coming out of the speakers
if u wanna use samples then it is a good idea to make them unrecognisable because it makes it more uniqu and personalised

__
Forget liquid, jump up and darkside drum n bass is the way forward!
29-09-2008 19:06 Homepage of InsidiousX
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Saikonutta
quote:
it even comes with dnb presets and they are gooooooooooooooooooddd.

yeah right,

and tell all your friends: listen to MY fat bass in MY original tune, me a producer, me very good, checkitout!! Huh

why not download some dnb tunes and say to your friends you produced them... Roll Eyes

There is no fast answer to this guy's question...

If you want to learn to produce, be prepared to travel a long way;

if you don't want to learn, RTFM, google or use your imagination,

you're gonna get nowhere...

Its like writing a program without knowing how to program; yeah u can find code on the net and compile it, but does that make you a programmer?

If you can play a tune on the piano, does that make you a pianist?

NO!

making music needs talent

understanding technology needs common sense

learning needs patience

You can't make the sound YOU want if you don't know what it is, how it works, sounds or how it is made. You need to know what's going on "under the hood" when using "that program/ device"

I thinkthe best way to make reese/bass is just to imagine it first in your head how it should sound, then use technology to make it. (assuming u can)

This second step (using technology) is a step no one will explain on a forum (certainly not me if you can find it directly in the manual), you'll just have to start to rtfm and experiment.

And one final thing:

What do you prefer?

A technician that can work with a machine and make some random product,
or a technician that can work with the machine and deliver customized products to the customer and even repair/tweak the machine?

PS: my opinion about (electronical) music is: if you are not original (too much samples&presets) YOU'RE NOT A MUSICIAN, NOR A PRODUCER, AND CERTAINLY NOT AN ARTIST!

but congrats, you still can sequence, like they learn to sequence colored blocks in preschool.

i was just tryin to help the guy " find some bass " lol Wink

when someone asks a question like that there aint gonna be no simple answer
im not gonna spend my day explaing how to make the many differant sounds you find in most dnb tunes.

go to a preset, look at the synth, see how it was made. thats a good starting point for anyone imo.

some good vids on you tube on how to use massive. btw.
30-09-2008 07:31
djHypnotize djHypnotize is a male

images/avatars/avatar-2656.gif

Registration Date: 19-09-2008

Word

__
N1NJA57YL3

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by djHypnotize: 10-10-2008 00:39.

10-10-2008 00:36 Homepage of djHypnotize
Pytchlocka Pytchlocka is a male
[ » K | R | Y | P | T | O | P | H | Y | T | E™ « ]

images/avatars/avatar-2790.png

Registration Date: 25-07-2008

I cant say you should start like this but I really like to tell ppl about Native Instrments' Guitar Rig. I think it might be a tad expensive if I'm correct, but it has tons of diff types of distortions that make for some wicked bass sounds. xD.
10-10-2008 01:25 Homepage of Pytchlocka
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Cut, paste, build something are we consumers or producers?

Just make fucking music Drummer

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
10-10-2008 04:21
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

quote:
Originally posted by 2clix
Just make fucking music Drummer

Gangsta Listen Dance Woot

thats what its about at the end of the day! Big Grin

__

10-10-2008 10:04 Homepage of Ketz
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah, I agree, but that shouldn't stop us from finding the right way and purpose of our creation. Otherwise, it has no point. Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-10-2008 15:51 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Can someone please help me get some bass??