drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Problems with Massive (again)...
Go to the bottom of this page Problems with Massive (again)...
Author
Creativity through Mental Illness...

images/avatars/avatar-2547.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

so I'm using Massive and having the following issues...

1. I cannot figure out how to control the slide, I see the "glide" knob, but it doesn't seem to have an effect, however, some of the presets have it working just fine, so I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the routing of the oscillators or some shit...

2. I can't seem to link Massive with my midi controller, it says "midi learn" but it doesn't...

3. - and the most frustrating - whenever I stop the song I'm working on for playing or when I make certain adjustments, oscillator 1's amp will set itself back to "0", I keep having to set it again over and over and over again... wtf, does anyone know how to correct any of these... please help.

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

"Clownstep is a derisory term, used by certain listeners to describe a certain style in a negative way, it's not a subgenre as such, but most producers would feel insulted by the labelling of their music as "clownstep"."
19-09-2008 13:33 Homepage of J.Rabbit
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Although massive is a great synth it is not even close to bugfree.
Can't help you with it.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-09-2008 22:33 Homepage of BattleDrone
J.Rabbit J.Rabbit is a male
Creativity through Mental Illness...

images/avatars/avatar-2547.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

even the un-cracked version, not that I'm using a cracked version... just curious... and if anyone knows of a great LFO like the one in massive... I have other VST with LFO's, but I can't apply them directly to the cut off on a filter or anything like that... if anyone knows a great VST (instrument or tool) that has an awesome LFO I'd be very interested to check it out...

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

"Clownstep is a derisory term, used by certain listeners to describe a certain style in a negative way, it's not a subgenre as such, but most producers would feel insulted by the labelling of their music as "clownstep"."
21-09-2008 04:48 Homepage of J.Rabbit
void
Tourist

Registration Date: 11-10-2008

quote:

1. I cannot figure out how to control the slide, I see the "glide" knob, but it doesn't seem to have an effect, however, some of the presets have it working just fine, so I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the routing of the oscillators or some shit...

Make sure the sound is monophonic. It's a checkbox in the voicing section of the synth.

quote:

I can't seem to link Massive with my midi controller, it says "midi learn" but it doesn't...

If you're using the VST version of Massive in some third party app like FL Studio the midi messages aren't directly sent to the VST. They are sent to the host app. FL Studio has a midi out wrapper that you can stick in as a channel. You can then link the sliders and knobs in there to massive. After you link the wrapper to massive you can link your external hardware controller to the wrapper and control the VST that way. I'm not sure about any of the other apps.

quote:

and the most frustrating - whenever I stop the song I'm working on for playing or when I make certain adjustments, oscillator 1's amp will set itself back to "0", I keep having to set it again over and over and over again... wtf, does anyone know how to correct any of these... please help.

That is strange, but you can probably fix this by automating the oscillator. Just make the automation envelope stay at the same value. It might still reset when you stop playing, however if you hit play again it should return to the value you set in the automation envelope. Also, you can try saving the patch then reopening massive and opening the patch from its saved state.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by void: 13-10-2008 23:44.

13-10-2008 23:43
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Problems with Massive (again)...