drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » dnb production books
Go to the bottom of this page dnb production books
Author
Blazed Bandits

Registration Date: 20-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hi all, newish to the game been struggling trying to grasp frutiyloops and even then the laws and howtos on making drum n bass. I already have frutiy loops bible, which is good dont get me wrong but it wasnt what i was expecting?.... Anyway im looking for a more tutorial based book on approach to learning frutiy loops and again on the prudction of drum n bass e.g in a amen theres a hat pattern that makes the loop d n b. Books like that or anyothers you recommend as good.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by c0rksteria: 15-09-2008 11:46.

15-09-2008 11:44
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

In my experience you can find books on mixing techniques (which apply to any program) although there are no definitive sources for drum 'n' bass creation. The best thing to do is listen to the tracks you like, and analyze them- what do you like about them and why, what don't you like, etc. Directly copying songs is also a good method of practice- try to create the same sounds and you will learn about the processes going into those sounds...

"Mixing Audio" by Roey Izhaki is a book highly recommended to me by Additive, although I haven't laid my hands on it yet.

I'm an FL user, so if you have any problems with the program feel free to AIM me: MinasTirithGuard

Good luck!

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
15-09-2008 12:16 Homepage of Phalanx
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Mixing With Your Mind - Mike Stavrou
mastering audio the art & science from bob katz
The Mixing Engineer's Handbook by Bobby Owsinski
Yahama Sound Reinforcement Handbook by Gary Davis & Ralph Jones

i've heard these ones are very good, i havent read em yet, but i'm planning to buy em all

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
15-09-2008 12:28 Homepage of Friscko
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Don't get the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook, I have that one (needed it for class) but it's not very good, it's outdated and full of mistakes. It's written for people who want to do live sound, 80ies style Tongue

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-09-2008 16:01 Homepage of thechronic
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Don't get the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook, I have that one (needed it for class) but it's not very good, it's outdated and full of mistakes. It's written for people who want to do live sound, 80ies style Tongue

but i just want to be fuckin good at lionelrichiestep

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
15-09-2008 22:45 Homepage of Friscko
1and0
|,,|, d-.-b |,,|

Registration Date: 01-04-2009

A Book about Musik Production?
Could be a very proffesional way of learning it but maybe you should check out some Video Tutorials such as the ones from the Warbeats community ( which are really good for the basics )

I think the best way of learning production is to just do it (learnin by doin)
and be experimental.

Look here : warbeats

i hope this can help...

__
My All Time Favs of da month:
Limewax - Icicle <3
Audio - Destroyed
Cyclone - Synopsis
13-04-2009 17:46
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

look on youtube.... world of info on there mate n just mess with fl n keep on trying new things

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

13-04-2009 19:27 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » dnb production books