drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » audio card help needed , quick !!!!!!!!!
Go to the bottom of this page audio card help needed , quick !!!!!!!!!
Author
unregistered
hi there , just bought a
M Audio Audiophile 24 96 PCI Sound Card 4 my computer still waiting 4 it , but i just realised this morning that my old computer that i have , has got a SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 sound card in it , so i tried it , and my new computer seems to benifit from it , but it is 24 BIT !!!!!!

i need to know , wether i should cancle , the order 4 the , m audio sound card , as i havent got that much money , or is it still best to have the m audio , would it still be better and more benifisal to have the M audio , plus i really need to know today , thanks !!!!!!
28-08-2008 13:33
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Well, the M-audio Audiophile card is a lot better than the sound blaster audigy 2 in terms of recording quality, linear response curve (coloration of sound), drivers, stability of drivers etc.

Being 24 bit doesn't make any noticeable difference - most people work on 16 bit (CD) quality nowadays anyway. BTW I just read that the Audigy (soundblaster) cards don't work on Dell motherboards Confused
Btw, the Audigy can be used as surround (5.1, 6.1, 7.1) audio interface, where the Audiophile cannot.

Audigy is suitable for mid-pro needs. It is a fine soundcard. If you need pro sound - go for the M-audio. If mid-quality sound is fine for you - stay with the audigy.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
28-08-2008 15:02 Homepage of Muad'Dib
CLARKFADER
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Well, the M-audio Audiophile card is a lot better than the sound blaster audigy 2 in terms of recording quality, linear response curve (coloration of sound), drivers, stability of drivers etc.

Being 24 bit doesn't make any noticeable difference - most people work on 16 bit (CD) quality nowadays anyway. BTW I just read that the Audigy (soundblaster) cards don't work on Dell motherboards Confused
Btw, the Audigy can be used as surround (5.1, 6.1, 7.1) audio interface, where the Audiophile cannot.

Audigy is suitable for mid-pro needs. It is a fine soundcard. If you need pro sound - go for the M-audio. If mid-quality sound is fine for you - stay with the audigy.

hey , thanks man , much appreciated !!!!!!!!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
28-08-2008 21:39
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

No probz Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
29-08-2008 00:25 Homepage of Muad'Dib
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I wouldn't cancel the M-Audio either. The Audigy is just a hyped up piece of shit, it's very nice if you're into gaming but not adequate for producing.

Andrej is right about the surround though, so I wouldn't get rid of the Audigy just yet, would be nice to keep for watching films or even producing a bit in surround.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
29-08-2008 10:43 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » audio card help needed , quick !!!!!!!!!