Go to the bottom of this page sound forge 9.0 recording problem
Author
you_are_a_noise you_are_a_noise is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2347.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Just to see how the recording would come out, I tried looping my computer's speaker jack to its mic jack. I was just going to play through the song like I was normally recording and just press record from the mic on Sound Forge 9.

http://i34.tinypic.com/21m5kwo.jpg

^that's the problem I'm having.
When it's ready to record, it shows sound coming into the left speaker but not the right. I checked though the sound settings in the right corner's icon but nothing seemed out of place. When I plug in headphones, it's perfect. When I plug in my surround sound & subwoofer, it's great. When I loop from Speaker Output to Mic Input, it's screwy... Frown

I also checked through the recording settings on Sound Forge...no luck there either, I'm afraid...

Please help??
Pleased

I would just mirror the left channel onto the right but I have sounds that pan in the song and I don't want them on both channels...
Or I could record little loops and then cut/paste them in sound forge or some wav editing program I have and just edit each one to sound right like when I was 11yo, but

__
 DJ  
26-08-2008 01:18
Cool Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

oh man, stupidest mistake ever...

turns out....shit cable.
that's all.
tried another cable and it was good.

now i'm figuring out how to delete this post...

__
 DJ  
26-08-2008 03:36
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Your post is really helpful really. Always check the cables first Big Grin

The quickest way to solve problems like this is to reverse the cable. Put the left jack in the right input and vice versa. If the problem persists, it's in the sound card or the software. If the problem switches to the other side, it's the sound source or the cable!

BTW this is a very messy way of recording, you will always lose quality by the conversion from digital to analog and back. If you are using on board sound hardware which is integrated on your laptop or motherboard it will sound horrible. Why not just save the output of the sound card straight to HD? Audacity can do this.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
26-08-2008 05:55 Homepage of thechronic
Cool Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Your post is really helpful really. Always check the cables first Big Grin

The quickest way to solve problems like this is to reverse the cable. Put the left jack in the right input and vice versa. If the problem persists, it's in the sound card or the software. If the problem switches to the other side, it's the sound source or the cable!

woohoo!
twice in one night you've helped me!
helpfulness: 10
thanks again!!

__
 DJ  
26-08-2008 05:59
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » sound forge 9.0 recording problem