drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » in the ARMY ?
Go to the bottom of this page in the ARMY ?
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

I'm graduated now (Bachelor Industrial Product Design) and looking for a job ...

but i cant find something that interests me enough Frown , i dont want to stay in Belgium or it should be something special...

but im just thinking to go to the Army , and get a job there eventually , then i have the action i need Drummer

Anyone else here that is in the Army ? what degree do you have ? any tips ? complaints ?

Devil
25-08-2008 17:28
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Join the army...
travel the world...
meet interesting people...
and kill them.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
25-08-2008 19:19 Homepage of BattleDrone
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Or get killed.

Dunno man, I wouldn't do it... Wait, I didn't Smile

Is not working an option?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-08-2008 07:49 Homepage of Surya
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

If you want to join the army you should take into account that you:
- need to be quite athletic, your training involves a lot of sports;
- need to obey your superiors like a slave;
- might get bored to death (from what I've heard);
- could eventually be forced to go to war, see a lot of misery;
- could be forced to kill people;
- won't have an easy time after being in the army for x years wanting to return to a "normal" job.

If all those things don't worry you, go ahead.

But from what I've learned about you over the years I'd think you would be better off when you would get a job for a year or 2, save up money and then go to SAE and learn the technical side of music. There's little room for hardstep production in the army (just wild guess).

__
26-08-2008 10:55 Homepage of BattleDrone
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

My dad has always said that in the Army, the fate of your life is literally controlled by people who don't really know you, and can't possibly care about you like your friends or family.

I may join the Peace Corps after university but I for sure wouldn't go for the army.

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
26-08-2008 11:19 Homepage of Phalanx
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
- won't have an easy time after being in the army for x years wanting to return to a "normal" job.

But from what I've learned about you over the years I'd think you would be better off when you would get a job for a year or 2, save up money and then go to SAE and learn the technical side of music. There's little room for hardstep production in the army (just wild guess).

more athletic - yeah , well i need more condition , and the medical tests requir a good condition , so i will be forced to do something on my condition ... not bad cause otherwise i would just do nothing about it (lazy) but i will do something about it now !
obey superiors - well i don't think that will be a problem , i always had superiors and im good boy , also the higher my ranking will be eventualy the less superiors i
will have
bored to death - lol well the fact i would go into the army is because i'm kinda bored to death now allready , i can't stand a job without action :s , if im bored in the army im gonne quit it , but i think there's enough action in military not to get bored Smile
war - well yeah , that wouldnt be a problem for me Smile
kill people - i would like to see how i react on that , but again i dont think that would be a problem too (not kids and women)
normal job - i hope i never get a normal job , after military you can have a lot of oportunities (governmental , police , ingeneer , ...) they still educate you in the army and you can go for higher positions (after basic course i can start with under-officer or an officer ranking , on land sea or air)

i would give up music for it , its just a hobby
I need to focus what i realy want in my life .. and thats something i struggle with right now , maybe if i get a good opportunity someday i will change minds again , but first things first ...

first im starting to get my body fit again , no cigs no ganja not too much beer better condition.
+ drivers licence and learning some languages in evening classes.
26-08-2008 11:26
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

We have some people on here that are in the army. Forgot who lol.

Not really something for me as I don't deal well with authority, I even gave up working for companies because I would get into trouble with the bosses and their stupid ideas Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
26-08-2008 14:35 Homepage of thechronic
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
...the bosses and their stupid ideas Big Grin
ROFL I see why hahah Hihi

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
26-08-2008 15:23 Homepage of Muad'Dib
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Greyone
[quote]Originally posted by BattleDrone

quote:
if im bored in the army im gonne quit it

dont think its that easy just to up and quit

quote:
war - well yeah , that wouldnt be a problem for me Smile
kill people - i would like to see how i react on that , but again i dont think that would be a problem too (not kids and women)

ya I figured you would say that... I am also curious and twisted Devil

quote:
i would give up music for it , its just a hobby
I need to focus what i realy want in my life .. and thats something i struggle with right now , maybe if i get a good opportunity someday i will change minds again , but first things first ...

I have alot of friends in the marines that make music everyday, so you wouldnt have to quit, just put it on the back burner for awhile till you learn the ropes

quote:
first im starting to get my body fit again , no cigs no ganja not too much beer better condition.
+ drivers licence and learning some languages in evening classes.

basic training will get ya fit in no time, but quitting smoking is a very good idea

best of luck to ya whatever you decide to do, its your life and life is like a garden...dig it Big Grin

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
26-08-2008 16:40
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

I can only say HUGE NO. army is full of idiots and youre simply not one of them

plus.... you dont want "the action"... trust me... war is complete crap

stick to design, its where creativity gets put to use

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
26-08-2008 19:04 Homepage of cynik
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Nah, fuck the army mate. If you've got a degree then get a proper job - much better future prospects, more freedom to pursue hobbies and extracurricular activities Wink , you mix in the real world and you don't get used as human cannon fodder. The Army is only an option for people who have no job prospects and even less morals. That's why the Army in the UK targets schools in poor areas when their recuitment numbers are running low. Start with a job in your chosen area, even if it's a bit crap at first (starting out in the world of work is always like that), and work your way up. It doesn't come immediately but if you stick at it and you're good at what you do you'll always find new and unexpected opportunities along the way.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
26-08-2008 19:27 Homepage of Tomos
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

I do agree with the other gents here.
The army won't help you grow as a person.
The people I know who joined the army on a permanent basis are slightly above retard level.
There's a lot of boredom, alcohol abuse and violence going on in there.
It's not like you go on a mission every other day, so there's a lot of time in between.

Do read some stories from people that were in Afghanistan or Irak, not much happiness going on.
Do watch the movie Hotel Rwanda, Jarhead or Tears Of The Sun (not as good as the other ones).

I can understand you find a regular life boring and it's good to enjoy life to the full at this point in your life, you have no obligations, are healthy, curious, ... but I'm afraid the army is not the choice you would want to make to reach that goal.

__
26-08-2008 22:53 Homepage of BattleDrone
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Greyone
kill people - i would like to see how i react on that

So would I, but I'm not sure I'd like that reaction, so I don't think I'm going to find out.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

27-08-2008 07:26 Homepage of Surya
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks for the response !
Smile

the fact is , when i look out my window i feel like 'what the fuck am i still doing here' , i need to spread my wings and leave Belgium for a while.
Im now checking all the possibilities to work abroad (preferable in a country with better weather conditions) as Designer-Drafter-Technician.
I hope something will come out soon Smile
I realy don't want to end up doing something in my hometown while still living in my parents house Crying brrr
27-08-2008 09:28
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Join the army...
travel the world...
meet interesting people...
and kill them.

We are talking about the Belgian army... Tongue Last thing we heard here in the news was that they were out of bullets (no shit Tongue ) Don't think the .be government would allow the army to be in some active combat tbh, most they do is humanitarian jobs abroad. Big exception here are jobs they do under UN flag which means they are only allowed to fire a weapon when they're attacked. But even then the .be government tries to assign them into more passive roles, currently, they're carrying out 3 more dangarous UN missions, one being patrolling on the sea to prevent weapon smuggling in the middle-east, another which is to protect an airport in Afghanistan, and the last-one is rebuilding villages in a pretty dangarous province in Afghanistan.

I personally would never join the army - I'd have a huge problem with dicipline, but I don't think the way it's being used in Belgium is negative in any way.

The only reason why I would see anyone go into the army is when you can't go to university due to financial problems. I know a guy who did that when he was 16 - he joined the officers-school and he now has a master degree and is a C130 (the huge-ass transport airplanes) pilot. It's also the only way to decently promote yourself in the army. It immediately makes you an officer when you graduate. Starting off as a grunt is for ppl who rly don't have an other option and/or don't have the intellect, and promoting is very hard...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
27-08-2008 13:09 Homepage of KoFFiE
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

it's your choice offcourse...but don't forget that once ur in the army it's not that easy to get out!

Because...you get paid, but when you leave the army in the periode your contract is still courant you must pay back 70% of the money they paid you!
Also when you're kicked out! (depends on the reason)

well...this was 4 years ago...
it might be changed a bit! But that how it was...and the army and money... Evil

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
02-09-2008 13:42
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » in the ARMY ?