drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » changing massive presets in ableton 6
Go to the bottom of this page changing massive presets in ableton 6
Author
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

hey all

using ableton 6, a bcr2000 midi-controller and an evolution mk449c midi-keyboard.

i'm using massive in an ableton project, and i was trying to look for a way to change the presets of massive with one of the two midi-controllers while playing.

the preset/program change seems not to be editable, or i haven't found it yet.. i can find all midi-assignable parameters, but no program change..

i also found out about the browser => program list you can make, so i made my own program list, added some presets, and the presets show up in ableton, but i still can't find how to switch between presets with the midi-controllers...

any ideas on how to solve this?

thanx in advance

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
03-08-2008 12:56 Homepage of Soi
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I'm afraid this won't be possible for 2 reasons:

1) Massive doesn't use the standard .fxp files to store its presets, but uses it's own system. Live (and probably most other sequencers not created by NI) need these files to "read" the presets. (I tried with vanguard, which does use .fxp files, and these presets do show up in Live)

2) Even if it had the fxp files, the preset selector in Live does not colour orange or blue when clicking the key or midi button, so I don't think it can be assigned to any key.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
05-08-2008 22:19 Homepage of djfreemc
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

ok, so far i acquired this:

With the bcr2000, i assigned the massive channel to 'arm', i.e. playable.
When armed i play the Massive with the other midi-keyboard (all macro's and midi-assignments work flawless). I saved my presets in a NI Program List File (*.pls)
and APPARENTLY, i noticed that i can access these presets via some assignable buttons (while i didn't assign them at all, but still, when i push them the presets change)
So so far so good, only thing is, when i push the 'next presets'-button, sometimes they change even/uneven....
so again, with every step forward, a half step backward....

But getting close to the initial idea of making a studio-environment in which i don't use mouse and/or keyboard...

Drummer

so to answer your points
1/ apparently the *.pls-file in Massive does show up in Ableton, but not as an automatable parameter as known from other sequencers..

2/ also didn't find a preset-selector button (would be handy!) but everything went thru the midi-channel communication...

i've been told that Program Change messages have a fixed CC, but that knowledge didn't bring me far.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
05-08-2008 23:09 Homepage of Soi
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » changing massive presets in ableton 6