drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Neuro bass/ modulators
Go to the bottom of this page Neuro bass/ modulators
Author
Beshai

images/avatars/avatar-2626.png

Registration Date: 17-05-2008

sup .BE. waht do u guys use to make a neuro bass. and what modulators to u guys like to use with your bass.
examples of neuro bass . noisia, fresh-'chainsaw', black sun empire.
thanks
Odyssey

__
hit the myspace Beshai myspace page
02-08-2008 21:12 Homepage of BESHAI
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

this question pops up every now and then in different forms.

Search on here, tons of threads about it.
There is no real formula though.

Basic ideas:
route the bass sound in to 3 Mixer channels and do some lowpass bandpass highpass on them so you get 3 separate parts of the same sound.
On the low end (sub) do no modulation, maybe some boosting and keep it mono, that's it.
On the mid part, chorus, distortion, ... is ok to use.
On the high end you might even add a touch of stereo and a touch of reverb together with chorus, flanger, ...

In other words, experiment and don't copy the sound of another producer, it's much cooler if you have your own style.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
03-08-2008 17:45 Homepage of BattleDrone
zerofreq
Tourist

Registration Date: 09-04-2008

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php...20&pagenumber=1
03-08-2008 20:44
BESHAI BESHAI is a male
Beshai

images/avatars/avatar-2626.png

Registration Date: 17-05-2008

awesome thanks

__
hit the myspace Beshai myspace page
04-08-2008 05:17 Homepage of BESHAI
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Also watch the tutorial video by Subfocus to learn how to do this style of bass in Massive no other stuff is neeeded).

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-08-2008 12:32 Homepage of BattleDrone
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

just the way i do my neuro basses using the resampling technique (even tho recently i've been tryin to get more movement in my basses thru synthesis / lfos etc)

start off with a chunky reece sound in ur sampler, its important to have a big sound with lots of harmonics as u usually tend to lose a lot in the resampling process (how to make a reece most of us know the basics - 2 detuned saw waves etc) depending on what ur using it for either play a long sustained c note for example or maybe play a short melody (say 4 bars)

sweep a notch filter thru ur sequence (automate ur notch filter), if u happen to use a pitch bend try find the "sweet spot" where the notch filter meets the pitch bend - u can get some nice morphing effects with this

export this sound and reimport into ur sampler and play it at note C3 (so ur playing the sample at the right speed / pitch) try applying a band pass lfo filter for some "wah wah"

export this, reimport maybe another notch filter sweep, and so on

at the end i normally add a phaser or maybe some flange etc for the added modualtion

i tend to work quite haphazzardly, making loads of randomd bass sounds, out of which i will pick the few best ones

there are so many different combinations possible with the various filters, defo helps get more movement into ur sounds

i find sometimes i need to use compression to reign it all together (or maybe just normalize ur sound) at some stage during the process as u do lose punch at times during the process

save eq for the end to get ur bass to fit in with the other elements of ur track

only one of many techniques - a lot of peeps tell me this seems pretty long winded but its been workin for me so far (but as i said earlier i'm now trying to get more movement in my sounds purely from the synth and maybe 1 or 2 steps of processing after)

__

29-12-2008 13:15 Homepage of Ketz
schallkraft

Registration Date: 09-10-2008

look at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YALMNPCcaZ0
02-02-2009 11:04
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Neuro bass/ modulators