drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » MIDI Keyboards
Go to the bottom of this page MIDI Keyboards
Author
Thisisausername Thisisausername is a male
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2604.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2008

Right, basicly, Im getting tired of piano rolls and am looking to buy a Midi keyboard. Im just wondering, what one to buy? Is there any industry standard? What are your recomendations?

Thanks....
27-07-2008 21:33
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I’ve got the Behringer umx 61 and I gotta say I’m pretty happy with it.

I know, most people say behringer is shit and yeah, some products may be. Though you should not judge a whole company by some shit products or by the fact that they produce things in china or wherever (damn, the keyboard I’m typing this on is made in china too and works fine).

I say you can get any midi keyboard, size depending on if you play the piano and need two hands or not, that includes some functions like octave shift, velocity-sensitive keys and has some midi controllers to link to knobs in your software (I found that quite useful, especially when recording automations).

Before you buy simply check google for some reviews people wrote that bought the product and you are pretty much on the safe site.

Cheers!
28-07-2008 11:38 Homepage of Gregg
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

if ur browsing around i know a lot of people who use Oxygen, have a look Bigup

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen8v2-main.html

I've got a K5 novation, but more of a synth but has MIDI as well (and mine is quite old mainly use for MIDI really) u can check their stuff here:

http://www.novationmusic.com/products/

but yeah loads of stuff about if u search on google Big Grin

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ketz: 28-07-2008 14:31.

28-07-2008 14:27 Homepage of Ketz
Thisisausername Thisisausername is a male
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2604.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2008

Cheers for the help guys, and Ive decided to go with M Audio Oxygen 49 keyboard....

Mainly for the price really, but I read alot of good things about it and so I hope it will be good!
04-08-2008 13:14
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » MIDI Keyboards