drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » What car have you got and what do you want?
Go to the bottom of this page What car have you got and what do you want?
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
quote:
Originally posted by c_ctrl
I rock an oyster card.. BAM!!

Frown

Maybe someone else rocks your oyster card as well, they are not tamper proof Big Grin

Mate I'm so skint right now that money only goes on it when i need to go somewhere.. but if anyone wants to tamper with it and put some more money on it so I can go places, by all means feel free. That would be badass Big Grin Also It's a student one so it's got my photo on it, One off customisation to the max.. now whos car has a photo of me on it?!

thought as much. Wink

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
07-08-2008 20:38 Homepage of c_ctrl
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
Wow KoFFiE, you know your cars man. Big Grin I wonder if you can help me with a dilemma... I really like both the new Ford Focus and the new Vauxhall Astra (sports hatch) but I don't know which one to go for. I've heard good things about both cars (especially the Focus). Whatever I go for, it'd have to be about 2-4 to meet my budget.

Any thoughts anyone?

If you narrowed it down to those 2, for me, the Focus would be the way to go, no doubt about it. While Opel's quality has been improving the last few years, but they're still have major issues - especially with their diesel engines.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 08-08-2008 14:53.

08-08-2008 14:52 Homepage of KoFFiE
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by KoFFiE
If you narrowed it down to those 2, for me, the Focus would be the way to go, no doubt about it. While Opel's quality has been improving the last few years, but they're still have major issues - especially with their diesel engines.

Fuck, I wanted a diesel engine. What kind of issues do the Astra/Opel diesel engines have? Or are you talking about Vauxhall engines in general?

Thanks for the advice man, appreciated.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
08-08-2008 19:33 Homepage of Tomos
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

fade doni avatar = Opel demon

Big Grin

__
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
08-08-2008 19:59 Homepage of Tomos
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

A collegue of mine bought him an Opel Corsa 1.7 diesel about a year ago, and had some problems with them. He told me to never get an Opel. I don't plan to.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

09-08-2008 13:17 Homepage of Surya
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KoFFiE

Fuck, I wanted a diesel engine. What kind of issues do the Astra/Opel diesel engines have? Or are you talking about Vauxhall engines in general?

Thanks for the advice man, appreciated.

One of the more serious issues with their engines is their catalysator. When you're driving a lot of short distances, smoke particles build up in it and a warning light appears on the dashboard. If you then don't take it for a long spin (at least 100km at +100km/u speeds) which enables the engine to warm up and clear out the catalisator, your engine will blow up within the next 1000km. Since Opel is so nice to state this their car-manual, they will not cover this under warranty. Other brands solve this catalysator issue by injecting fuel into the catalysator and igniting it - forcing it to be cleaned at high temperature. Though that's not as efficient, it prevents detroying the engine.

Other issues I've heard & seen are failing turbo's, 1 guy I know had 2 brand-new rental replacement Astra's while waiting for his proper companycar - on which the turbo failed on both within the first month. The dad of a friend of mine's works at a big Opel dealership, and he told me that some cars have serious oil-leakage and that the turbo is a known problem, certainly on the 1.3l diesel. The Focus, while also part of GM - uses other reliable and better engines. The build quality in general is also better.

The most reliable diesel used by Opel is the higher performance 1.9's - which have actually been developed and built by Fiat, and is also used by Saab - which also uses the next-generation twin-turbo version of that same engine - also from Fiat.

__
11-08-2008 16:32 Homepage of KoFFiE
carmod carmod is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2898.jpg

Registration Date: 04-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

have a ford fiesta,always breaking, piece of crap

what i want but will never get is a
mclaren-mercedes slr boxter! cost 350k tho.....
11-08-2008 23:16
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by carmod
have a ford fiesta,always breaking, piece of crap

Which year and model? The new Fiesta's are supposed to be fairly good and they look a little better too.

__
11-08-2008 23:49 Homepage of Tomos
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
A collegue of mine bought him an Opel Corsa 1.7 diesel about a year ago, and had some problems with them. He told me to never get an Opel. I don't plan to.

It's all luck I guess, this is my second opel and the first one was a super car, never had any problems with it at all. Before that I had a VW Golf Frown overpriced piece of misery on wheels.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
12-08-2008 00:37 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Surya

It's all luck I guess, this is my second opel and the first one was a super car, never had any problems with it at all. Before that I had a VW Golf Frown overpriced piece of misery on wheels.

Same here. I got to drive a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTi sports hatch for three days a few weeks ago. I did well over 1,000 miles. It was absolutely brilliant. Not the most practical of cars (difficult access to the back seat, terrible rear window vision, slightly uncomfortable seats), but the handling and speed of it was just brilliant. It was pacticularly satisfying to be able to easily accelerate in 5th gear up a slope on the motorway. Big Grin

My first car was a VW Polo just like this one...

It was absolutely fucking atrocious. No power, ultra-crap brakes, kept juddering when cold, heavily steering, broke down twice.

__
12-08-2008 08:40 Homepage of Tomos
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Same here. I got to drive a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTi sports hatch for three days a few weeks ago. I did well over 1,000 miles. It was absolutely brilliant. Not the most practical of cars (difficult access to the back seat, terrible rear window vision, slightly uncomfortable seats), but the handling and speed of it was just brilliant. It was pacticularly satisfying to be able to easily accelerate in 5th gear up a slope on the motorway. Big Grin

My first car was a VW Polo just like this one...

It was absolutely fucking atrocious. No power, ultra-crap brakes, kept juddering when cold, heavily steering, broke down twice.

Oooooh Tuning massive here... check those wheels Love
I like those 18 year-olds who got grandpa's old car and start to TUNE it... Hilarious

Lol

__
12-08-2008 17:55 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Oooooh Tuning massive here... check those wheels Love
I like those 18 year-olds who got grandpa's old car and start to TUNE it... Hilarious

It fucking makes me laugh when I see these kids pimping up there shitty Ford Fiestas and Renault 106s. Big Grin All they are doing is weighing down a car which couldn't handle it's own weight to begin with. I'm all for free personal choice... but what tits they are. Big Grin

__
12-08-2008 19:15 Homepage of Tomos
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

transformers! Tongue

__
13-08-2008 11:07 Homepage of KoFFiE
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

Massive pimpin' going on here... Happy

__
13-08-2008 18:23 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

Yeah, this one has definitely got the cool factor. Cool Big Grin

__
13-08-2008 18:26 Homepage of Tomos
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, this one has definitely got the cool factor. Cool Big Grin

A real bird magnet ROFL

__
13-08-2008 22:21 Homepage of BattleDrone
epicsound epicsound is a male
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2330.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

i have in black with same wheels-

but would really love an xjr [supercharger]- Drool

found this
only in usa would someone think this is a good idea [total abuse of a great car ,idiots]- Cry Cry Cry Puke Cry Cry

__
epicsound
03-09-2008 17:35 Homepage of epicsound
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

Seems like an age since I was first looking for a new car... and today, I finally bought it! Big Grin It's a black Ford Focus Zetec just like this one, but with the standard 5 spoke alloys.

It's a brilliant car, no doubt about it. No wonder everyone raves about it. I did originally intend to go for the Astra Sports Hatch but because the Focus gets such good reviews and is better than the Astra Sports Hatch in virtually all areas, I decided to go for that instead. I'm glad I did. A shit load of money well spent.

Highly recommended.

__
28-01-2009 22:32 Homepage of Tomos
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I drive a green 97' Nissan Primera SLX 2.0I .

Looks exactly like this :

It's boring like hell, but it's comfortable, spacious, quick and very reliable. I bought it for £600 quid about 2 years ago, it's now done over 150,000 miles and I've not had a single thing wrong with it. I've absolutely hammered it too Big Grin

I used to be into the whole VW camper scene, which used to be an obsession for some time Roll Eyes but now I find it hard to get excited over cars. As long as it's comfortable, fast, and reliable I don't really care that much. This one does exactly what I want so I probably won't replace it until it dies, though when I do it'll probably be something Japanese Drummer
29-01-2009 11:08
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

I got :
Cadillac DeVille Sudan
Buick '77 Sky Lark
Yamaha Bike i dunno even know or car it's like a 100cc is all, nothing big, good to learn on. it's yellow.

to be honest the Sky Lark is the flashiest with full cherry bomb mufflers loud as fuck sets of car alarms and everything. even better on gas, but i still love the Cadillac, cuz it's liek driving while on a couch. fuck, it's better then my couch.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 30-01-2009 02:32.

30-01-2009 02:31 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » What car have you got and what do you want?