drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » z3ta+ user presets help
Go to the bottom of this page z3ta+ user presets help
Author
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2588.jpg

Registration Date: 12-07-2008

Ez,

Right silly question time, I'm struggling to understand the z3ta preset thing. OK, I can save a sound using 'Program' > 'Save Program File (.fxp)', but it doesn't seem to be changing the name of the currently selected program and bank?? Do I have to create a new bank here or something, I'm clueless man? Confused

any help wba.

Cheers.
20-07-2008 21:19
NN2
Tourist

Obviously no-one uses z3ta+. Tongue .. or is it just a bit cliquey in here! Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NN2: 21-07-2008 16:33.

21-07-2008 15:40
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

quote:
Originally posted by NN2
Obviously no-one uses z3ta+. Tongue .. or is it just a bit cliquey in here! Shocked

hello mate! sometimes can take a lil while before people reply so try and be patient! Wink

just picked up a copy of z3ta over the weekend myself so haven't really even used it yet! but i guess if no one replies and i have some time to play around will see if i can help out

ez Big Grin

__

21-07-2008 16:44 Homepage of Ketz
[dj] Leonces [dj] Leonces is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2510.jpg

Registration Date: 13-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Everybody's always talking about zeta. wtf I never even heard of it before I got on here. I need to get out more I think...

Seriously, can't help you with zeta, but in Massive you can save a patch you make using the dropdown menu. There is however a "Save Program" feature in which you can save a group patches to be used in a performance. That way you don't have to go loading all these patches in the middle of a set. I have a Roland sh-22 synth module that has a thing like that but its called "Performance mode." Could be that there's a separate feature for saving your patches and you haven't discovered it yet. Or it could be that Massive and Zeta don't use the same lingo. I'm willing to bet that this was of no help to you, but hey, at least I tried. Dance
22-07-2008 07:38
NN2
Tourist

Cheers for the replies, apologies for the cynical post. Wink It's just that I bought z3ta based on threads I had been reading in this forum, so when I asked a question about it I couldn't believe no-one would know the answer??

Anyway, cheers Leonces but no, not much help I'm afraid I'm using CS4.

I can actually save a preset using the 'save program file' which creates an fxp file, but it's just that when you load a saved preset up none of the program\bank display changes to show you that you have user program loaded! It just seems ill-thought out! I've also been thinking I should start making more use of the 'Sound Frame' \ 'MediaBay' functionality in Cubase, but, well so much to learn, so little time! Roll Eyes

P.S. Ketz, I'll give you some time to have a play, would defo be interested in what your thoughts are on the preset thing though, cheers.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by NN2: 22-07-2008 10:21.

22-07-2008 10:20
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

yeah man, i wanna havea mess around, only got my head round some of the fundamentals on synthesis, so im sure this is gna be more complex, but if i can make a sick sound with it then im defo gna use it all the way!!! (may be a while man, been busy recently, not too much time for music unfortunately Frown )

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ketz: 23-07-2008 10:49.

23-07-2008 10:46 Homepage of Ketz
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
yeah man, i wanna havea mess around, only got my head round some of the fundamentals on synthesis, so im sure this is gna be more complex, but if i can make a sick sound with it then im defo gna use it all the way!!! (may be a while man, been busy recently, not too much time for music unfortunately Frown )

I like MASSIVE !!!

hehe.

Think it's simpler in some ways mebbe !?

I dunno !

Visually simpler at least.

Make some sick sounds with that too !

eZ.

__

23-07-2008 22:15 Homepage of Sentinel
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

had same problem here
i made a seperate z3ta+ preset-directory in the c:/program files/z3ta and stored all self-made presets in there,
in z3ta+ i saved the bank file (fxb) to that directory as well as clicking the litlle disk-icon 'store preset'.

then you should be able to load an fxb-bank first and then your self-made and stored presets in z3ta from there i think.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
23-07-2008 23:14 Homepage of Soi
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » z3ta+ user presets help