drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » live performance
Go to the bottom of this page live performance
Author

Registration Date: 06-12-2006

any suggestions for programs with wich we can synchronise three computers? (two would also be great) and just general does anyone have an idea wath software to use for liver performence? i'd be verry happy.

thanks in progress
19-07-2008 11:53
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

www.ableton.com

just bought it myself, together with a Novation Remote49SL
and i have to say, even just after three days, this prog is awesome
i don't think i'll be using anything else for live performances anytime soon

__
It's a spiritual thing !

19-07-2008 16:37
tipseymonkey

ok so i've got the program but how do i synchronise two different (or more) pc with it?
21-07-2008 11:17
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by tipseymonkey
ok so i've got the program but how do i synchronise two different (or more) pc with it?

Press play on both of them at the same time! Big Grin
21-07-2008 14:32
tipseymonkey

ok so now for real?
22-07-2008 15:39
Ultra_8 Ultra_8 is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2322.jpg

Registration Date: 11-08-2005

Well, buddy, what's your point of gettin' couple computers together? Just determine your goals. If u want to produce music at the same time, sorry, personally i can't give u constructive advices... Our variant was - one is sittin' in front of the comp and doing stuff, others sittin' behind and suggestin, giving ideas and corrections.)) It worked for us, we got couple uplifting and really bouncing tunes.

in the majority of cases, one is starting, other one continues. and all this send-work-send collaboration need only one thing - apprx shared vision of the track and a moment when u have to stop, not to make it overloaded..))

ableton is a very nice piece of software, i enjoy it. It's cool to take several midi-controllers (well as much as ur soundcard alllows to plug in) and make live session with anything u want - synths, loops, oneshots, and so on... M-Audio trigger finger (drums)+Oxygen49 (instruments) are doin' the whole stuff like "yeah!!!"

hope this helped a bit))

__
*Ex-Active Search*
06-11-2008 09:44 Homepage of Ultra_8
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Registration Date: 09-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.83

/-----------\
| MIDI | Computer 1 (master clock)
| master |
\-----------/
|
|
/------------\
| MIDI- | MIDI-interface (multiplex the clk signal)
| interface |
\------------/
/ \
/ \
/--------\ /--------\
| Slave | | Slave | PC1&2 synced to master
\--------/ \--------/

Or if you are rich enough you could buy Cubase and 2 licenses of V-stack, and 3 audio interfaces with SPDIF/coaxial connectors to set up a VST system link, which combines the processing power of your DSP's/CPU's, unlike a MIDI- chain, which does not let you share processing resources.

sorry for the format of my ASCII-art, it changed when confirming my reply :p

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Saikonutta: 06-11-2008 10:17.

06-11-2008 10:16
Phonetic_System Phonetic_System is a male
Phonetic System

Registration Date: 28-02-2008

The only device you need is a MIDI cable.

Assuming you want the left computer to be the master, and the right computer to be the slave, connect the MIDI OUT of the M-Audio to the MIDI IN of the Novation.

In the "master" Live's MIDI preferences tab, where it says MIDI Ports, enable Sync in the Output field of the M-Audio.

In the "slave" Live's MIDI preferences tab, enable Sync in the Input field of the Novation.

Now, if you look in the top left corner of either Session or Arrange view on the slave computer, you should see EXT in the parameter box next to the tempo display.

Click EXT so that it lights up and you should be good to go. Pressing play on the master Live should now stop and start the slave Live, and the slave Live should keep in sync.

You dont need those controlers thats just a example. and controler with midi in/out should be fine.

This should help.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Phonetic_System: 09-12-2008 22:25.

09-12-2008 22:24 Homepage of Phonetic_System
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

here's some links taken straight out of an almost identical thread on the FL Forums:

If you are running mid then try midi over lan. http://www.musiclab.com/products/rpl_info.htm

Also:
http://plasq.com/wormhole
&
http://www.nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html
&
http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/

I've tried FX Teleport and it worked great.

The answers aren't mine, since I'm not doing it at the moment, but I suppose you'll find out how to get things running :-)
You can sync mac-pc and different daws with (at least some of) these.

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
10-12-2008 22:40 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Yeah, someone mentioned already i think, just using midi cables. I have a laptop band with four friends of mine. 2 of use using reaktor, 1 on Ableton, and another with a kaoss pad an Nuendo. We sync everything just with midi cables and an external midi box. One of the midi man ones. The only thing that I'd suggest. Its worth making sure you can al run your soundcards at a low latency, also that you're all set to the same latency. Another thing, you should really try and avoid sending the midi clock from one computer into another and then on to the next. Far better if one person has the midi clock running and then send several midi outs. Otherwise you'll get all kinda timing issues. Oh, also, If you're all using midi controllers, try to make sure you're all working on different midi channels, otherwise you might get it some confusing results!!
07-02-2009 01:03
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » live performance