drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Using Ableton to sync beats and samples
Go to the bottom of this page Using Ableton to sync beats and samples
Author

Registration Date: 24-04-2008

ive been tooling around with the ableton 6.0.7 tutorials and in general for a while now but i couldnt seem to get much help where i needed it. I have a ton of samples but most of them dont run in sync with each other and some have "tattered" endings (as in they dont line up in time). overall im not quite sure which tempo to change (track tempo vs. song tempo, slave vs. master?).

So my question basically is, how do you guys who use ableton to mix your dnb, either for song production or live mixing. what are common problems you encounter with taking different tracks or looping tracks and making them streamline.

links to other content or useful past posts are also much appreciated!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dashdanw: 15-07-2008 10:58.

15-07-2008 10:29
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

it's all about positioning/editing your warp-markers, 2 up to 6 warp-markers will suffice for a whole dnb-track to be played at any given tempo and still stay in sync

check this ableton-forum thread for further description

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
15-07-2008 14:33 Homepage of Soi
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Using Ableton to sync beats and samples