drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Psytrance / Goa
Go to the bottom of this page Psytrance / Goa
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2730.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

so how many of you enjoy listening to psytrance / goa, and which artists are your favorite ones? personally, i absolutely love astral projection...

__
o_O
15-07-2008 00:56
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

psy trance is ok in small doses, i been to a couple off hippy psy trance festivals but gets a bit borin after a while, its just a more chilled out hard trance n lacks some ooomph

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
15-07-2008 01:30
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I like it big time Big Grin

Astral Projection is very nice, but also very classic, it's pure oldskool trance, where modern psy has moved away from the trance and gone darker and glitchier. In that style I also like Yahel, Alien Project, Space Cat, GMS, Etnica, Talamasca, ... older stuff

I've been listening a lot to Wizzy Noise lately, like their buildups and unexpected chord changes. Check out their track "Punkt City Guitar Version"

Also good: Cosmic Tone, Sub6, Eskimo, ... Infected Mushroom ofcourse, imo the most amazing production talent I ever heard.

On the chill side I really love Shpongle, their Nothing Lasts CD is beautiful, it just oozes musicality Listen

What I like so much about psy is that it is so immaculately produced with lots of layering, creative editing and effects, and not to forget that it just kicks major ass!! Drummer It's slower than dnb but it feels faster and heavier, whatnot with 16th note basslines, screaming distorted lead synths and pounding guitars Big Grin

Also check out the crazy dark psy, pure madness Big Grin Baphomet Engine, Blisargon Demogorgon and Cannibal Barbecue ROFL

Listening to "Excel - Back To" now, building up and up and up until it explodes!!!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-07-2008 04:18 Homepage of thechronic
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I was really deep around 10-12 years ago in psy trance,I even produces some that time ,(everything lost now). still love few bands,but absolutelly and forever master will be only one - HALLUCINOGEN.Thank you,nothing more to say Wink

__
My Soundcloud
15-07-2008 06:45
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by Paracyte
absolutelly and forever master will be only one - HALLUCINOGEN.Thank you,nothing more to say Wink

quote:
Originally posted by TheChronic
I really love Shpongle, their Nothing Lasts CD is beautiful, it just oozes musicality.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Simon Porsford - aka Hallucingoen and Shpongle - is an absolutely fucking genuius. Hallucingoen's first album "Twisted" has remained one of my favourite albums since it first came out in 1995. Still is. And Shpongle's album "Nothing Last Forever" ... OMFG, a true masterpiece. That shit touches my soul. Doped

I'm an atheist but if there is a God, it's Simon Porsford.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
15-07-2008 08:11 Homepage of Tomos
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Psytrance / Goa