drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » How did you come up with your alias?
Go to the bottom of this page How did you come up with your alias?
Author
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

ez peeps, just bein a curious little bugger and wanted to know how everyone came up with their fancy producer alias names Big Grin There's definately some interesting ones floating about on this site thats for sure!

Anyways, my real name is Ketan, most my mates nowadays call me Ketz anyways - so that one was pretty straight forward! (although my missus called me mr stress oneday when we got stuck in traffic and that got me thinkin - hows about sumthin like "K-Stress"? nah? would work well with different styles of dnb?!!! lol

__

13-07-2008 12:49 Homepage of Ketz
CLARKFADER
unregistered
ha ha , hey man !!!!! well i`ve been djing 4 20 years , but i took me forever to come up with a name , my name is paul clark , and i dont really like being called clarky too much , and as u may well know theres quite a few dj clarkys going around !!! i can play alot of different types of music , i used to play alot in my local area and beyond , playing house and my name was ok 4 that , but as i play hip hop , dnb and other shit as well , i really needed to get a different name , but i always over anylise things and end up coming with nothing , but 1 morning when i woke up about 4 years ago i started thinking about it again , started thinking about STARWARS of course , and things to do with mixing and i was trying everything and then the FADER popped into my head , and then obviously i thought about DARTHVADER , then i put them togther and come up with my name , and it all made sence as that was when i really started changing the music i was playing , hip hop n shit , so there u go , thats how i got my name , take it easy mate , peace !!!!!!!
13-07-2008 15:17
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nice one ketan, beat me to it

I got my name through scratching, im known for my use of 2 click flares, I pretty much use them in most of my combos, because its really easy to transistion from doing a really compilcated combination of scratches, anyways couple of my boys started calling me 2clix and I liked the sound of it so it just stuck....whats 2clix doing after the party...yep you guessed it 2chix Big Grin

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
13-07-2008 17:47
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Sephiroth means : "A Hebrew Kabalistic word, for the ten divine emanations from Ain-Soph, the impersonal, universal Principle, or DEITY. (Vide Theos. Gloss.)"
plus it was the dark, mysterious bad guy from final fantasy 7, kinda describes what im trying to produce.
gonna be setting up 2 new myspaces as sephiroth and one under the alias Seraphim which is the highest order of angels under god, Seraphim will be for the lighter dnb, dub-step, breaks, etc. Drummer

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
13-07-2008 18:34 Homepage of Sephiroth
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Nice for all of you Big Grin Very nice stories...
I got my nick from the book "Dune" (as I presume you know already), Muad'Dib was a kangaroo mice (also, the main character's nick, too).

I am recently trying to transfer myself to another nickname, Andreinalin (or Andreinaline, whatever), alluding to my name (Andrej/Andrei) and the hormone of power (the adrenaline/epinephrine). But it's a bit hard because people are inert, they still come calling me Muad'Dib, and they all know me as Muad'Dib, so I'm sticking the new nickname in parenthesis right next to the old one, hoping one day I get to transfer it. Big Grin

That's the story Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
13-07-2008 19:42 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Timmi Timmi is a male
Atmos T (aka Timmi)

Registration Date: 04-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

haha mine's Timmi cause that's my nickname an I didn't bother to come up with an alias (or the ones i did were shit). I do need to think of one tho, but ive just kinda stuck with Timmi, o well, if there's ne suggestions.... Wink

__
www.myspace.com/atmostuk

Atmos T - You See Me EP Out now 4 free download Smile
** http://www.sendspace.com/file/6q3frj **
13-07-2008 23:07 Homepage of Timmi
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I got it in my C64 hacking days when I was still a kid, back in the nineties lol Big Grin it kinda stuck with me through the years

Traces of this origin still linger on the net Shocked

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
13-07-2008 23:31 Homepage of thechronic
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

about 4-5 years ago ,i had different allias "fat303" fat from that im quite fat Smile and 303 from roland tb303.It was a different story i was learning producing all kinds of shit ,most psy-trance ,and i had no interest in dnb then.

As i was leaving the country for England ,in I knew that i will produce and allready was fascinating with dnb ,i decide to come up with new allias,but i couldent find anything right.So i asked my 13 (at that time) years old sister to help me lol.So she was thinking and she came up with PARASITE which she said will be best for me because i was indeed like a parasite (livin with my parents paying not much for living) and also that sounds preety good compare to cheeseness which i was coming up.And Parasite it was ,but later i find out there is a dnb producer called parasite in England so i just change it slightly to PARACYTE.. there you go.

peace..

__
My Soundcloud
14-07-2008 03:49
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

There's not much of a story behind my name, it's simply the Welsh version of 'Thomas'.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
14-07-2008 08:10 Homepage of Tomos
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Well i was called Jimmy C as a few of you will know, which was simply my name and last initial Big Grin

was ok when i was just dj-ing in my local town in clubs etc but since iv stopped mixing and spent more time making tunes i realised i had to change it. Plus its quite similar to another quite well known english dj Tongue

so i was listening to some of my stuff on the bus on my mp3 player and was trying to think of names that would suit my sound and i cam up with Ghost.

Still not 100% with it but it'll do for now and at least its better than Jimmy C Tongue

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

14-07-2008 11:27 Homepage of D2o
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
There's not much of a story behing my name, it's simply the Welsh version of 'Thomas'.

That's was a nice brand of motorcycles Big Grin hahah

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
14-07-2008 13:15 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

When I got an AIM screenname The Return of the King just came out and this name was the only Lord of the Rings screenname without a number that wasn't taken. When I registered for the site I just took it because I was keen on just getting access to the sample packs and unlimited play counts Devil

Now I would like to be "Phalanx," it's the name for a formation of Greek hoplites or early Roman troops. I've always been interested in ancient history, especially Roman military history, and I think the word itself sounds pretty cool.

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
14-07-2008 17:08 Homepage of Phalanx
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
Well i was called Jimmy C as a few of you will know, which was simply my name and last initial Big Grin

Sounds as inventive as mine. Big Grin

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
14-07-2008 18:26 Homepage of Tomos
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by MinasTirithGuard
Now I would like to be "Phalanx," it's the name for a formation of Greek hoplites or early Roman troops. I've always been interested in ancient history, especially Roman military history, and I think the word itself sounds pretty cool.

Throw an eye on the Macedonian phalanx organisation, they had pretty impressive strategy and war plan back then!

__

-Bene Gesserit
14-07-2008 19:03 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

I came up with friscko when i made my first tunes on hammerhead. Because all of it was actually a joke about Tiësto's Traffic my "name" had to somewhat rhyme on it an be a bit ridiculous.

So I made a Pistache & Vanille EP, with tracks like "The girl from 26 years that smiled at me on the beach in Hawai when I was there on vacation when I was 19"

2 years ago I decided that Friscko didnt cover my productions and my mixing anymore. After thinking and making up unsatisfying aliases I got the idea to do something with Tinnitus after seeing a documentary about it on tv. So started thinkin, just messed up my real given name to Aron and put it in front of tinnitus.
The initials were the same as my real name so i liked it and stuck with it.

I recently picked Friscko up again to make ridiculous ableton clownstep mixes and mashups Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 14-07-2008 19:22.

14-07-2008 19:21 Homepage of Friscko
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

cause Im a cynical bastard and cynic was already taken (theres a couple of cyniks also now)

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
14-07-2008 19:46 Homepage of cynik
Scorn
Tourist

Registration Date: 19-08-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Used to be called DJJH, but that didnt suit my tastes, so changed it to Scorn ( i.e angry ). Since found out there are countless scorns in D&B.... ooops

Still get people asking me when im doing a collab with tech itch again mwahahahaha

__

14-07-2008 20:51
philbee philbee is a male
Future beats for the streets

images/avatars/avatar-2742.jpg

Registration Date: 18-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

well my first name is phil and i used to dj under the name philblunt cause iwas a bit of a blunt bastard and spoke my mind,it kinda morphed into philbee as i got older and mellowed a little (can still be pretty blunt when i wanna tho!!)

__
Philbee Soundcloud
14-07-2008 23:25 Homepage of philbee
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost

was ok when i was just dj-ing in my local town in clubs etc but since iv stopped mixing and spent more time making tunes i realised i had to change it. Plus its quite similar to another quite well known english dj Tongue

so i was listening to some of my stuff on the bus on my mp3 player and was trying to think of names that would suit my sound and i cam up with Ghost.

Still not 100% with it but it'll do for now and at least its better than Jimmy C Tongue

Yeah my old Programmer & 'acking name puto !

Lmao - Ghost® !!! Huh Big Grin

My name just sort of popped into me heed one day as I have such random mind I was like whatever fuck it that'll do !!!

A sentinel is like a guardian of sorts also methinks they called them machines in Matrix Sentinels also ...

Cannae remember. Confused

__

14-07-2008 23:43 Homepage of Sentinel
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by philbee
well my first name is phil and i used to dj under the name philblunt cause iwas a bit of a blunt bastard and spoke my mind,it kinda morphed into philbee as i got older and mellowed a little (can still be pretty blunt when i wanna tho!!)

Yea they used to call me philly blunt (name is phil also) same reasons Spliff then it was Filly B...but I dropped it

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
15-07-2008 05:06
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » How did you come up with your alias?