drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bassquestion
Go to the bottom of this page Bassquestion
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 23-01-2008

Hey,

What you have to do to get a "melodic" bassline? I don't think all what you need is "oneshot basshit" to place in sequencer? *--*---*-------*** <- That way.

I got some results back when I played with LFOs etc but Im searching the most used and the best way to get what I want. Tongue

Thank you all. Drummer
09-07-2008 10:15
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

not sure I totally understand the question..

surely all you need to do is play the bass at different notes to get a melody?! LFO is for wobble..

that is all down to composition - which should be unique to you as a producer - theres so many ways you can approach this!

um also try layering - subass layered with a synth (man theres so may types i could go on forever here)

sorry, if you could explain a little better maybe i can help you out more Big Grin

__

09-07-2008 10:42 Homepage of Ketz
dn_nb
Tourist

Mm. Smile I think I got my answer!

Thanks for the answer Smile
09-07-2008 13:13
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by dn_nb
Mm. Smile I think I got my answer!

Thanks for the answer Smile

¿0Ok?

Whaaaa ?

__

09-07-2008 15:39 Homepage of Sentinel
technetiumzk technetiumzk is a male
Super-Duper Rad Funky

images/avatars/avatar-2589.png

Registration Date: 21-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I concur:
WHA?

obvious troll.
He didnt even really answer the question...

__
LOL Rockin
im 14, deal with it.
10-07-2008 03:55 Homepage of technetiumzk
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

HAHA he gives a satisfied Mmm... lol hes all like, yes subass layered with a synth... thats the key ya ya ima be a superstar...uh whats a synth and does it come in oneshot??? ROFL

but yo dn_nb I know what your trying to say and to achieve this "melodic b-line"
you need to first get ahold of a flux capacitor and sync it to whatever program your using, after that your gonna need to do a backflip while smoking a cig....dont worry this is just standard procedure, k so after the backflip what you want do is load up the flux capacitor :CRUCIAL: your gonna want to set your capacitor to 1985 any other setting and it will spontaneously combust....
after everything is set and loaded up simply open your daw and hit the "CREATE MELODIC BASSLINE" button in the left hand corner of your daw. It might take a couple tries and you might die in the process, but hey, who said making music was easy and painless Big Grin

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
10-07-2008 06:11
dn_nb
Tourist

mm.

What the fuck? I asked a question (well, it was a stupid) but why the fuck I got flamed?
It sounds stupid but I never thought pianoroll. Well, thats the starterkick. That was all I was searching. Well, not all but you gotta start somewhere. Roll Eyes

And if you didin't know, I AM A NOVICE.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dn_nb: 10-07-2008 10:46.

10-07-2008 10:45
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

Helpfulness rating: 

yo bro I was just playing with ya, you will learn not to take me seriously Tongue truthfully I dont really have an answer for ya, I cant rerally grasp what your trying to say in your question but if you want your bass to roll like one sound try sliding your notes in piano roll with one shot bass, what I like to do is load a one hit into a sampler make a pattern then click the misc. tab and under polyphony put a 1 under max poly, click mono and slide knob all the way to the right, or in piano roll theres a lil button in the left corner that looks like a half box click that after you have a melody and place on top of your notes, thats my method sometimes hope it helps ya in your future projects.
peace

__
10-07-2008 15:49
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

2Clix - u gone all warm n fuzzy! Tongue mr nice guy eh? im a bitch slap ur ass if i hear ya talkin like that again! Big Grin

only playin guys Big Grin

so yeah when i first started producin on FL waaaay back (on a demo) that was one of the first things i taught myself - how to use the piano roll (i guess u don't even have to use that if ur a novice, just use the little keyboard button next to the velocity button on the step sequencer and program ur one shots into a melody that way to start off, get some ideas out on paper kinda thing

anyways, im no fl expert, im Reason all the way Rinse Rinse Gangsta hehe (no reason vs fl vs cubase wars pleeeease! i was only jokin around!)

__

10-07-2008 16:04 Homepage of Ketz
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

Helpfulness rating: 

Ketz- wont happen again sir Big Grin

if your novice do what ketz said, but dont limit your self to just that...and if you need help theres always the advice that I was given from a very wise halph... which is

RTFM!

try to understand the terminology because its intertwined with all music production
programs and will give ya better question asking skills and we'll know what the fuck your talking about instead of giving you the flux capacitor shpeel, ya dig

but hey dont try to read through like a book, do a lil at a time trying out everything you come across, personally I really dig fls granulizer, and wouldnt use it today if I didnt read about it. The more you know.......ho Wink <----is that better ketzy Big Grin

__
10-07-2008 16:22
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by 2clix
yo bro I was just playing with ya, you will learn not to take me seriously Tongue truthfully I dont really have an answer for ya, I cant rerally grasp what your trying to say in your question but if you want your bass to roll like one sound try sliding your notes in piano roll with one shot bass, what I like to do is load a one hit into a sampler make a pattern then click the misc. tab and under polyphony put a 1 under max poly, click mono and slide knob all the way to the right, or in piano roll theres a lil button in the left corner that looks like a half box click that after you have a melody and place on top of your notes, thats my method sometimes hope it helps ya in your future projects.
peace

What about legato and slight portamento !?

Keeps shit nice and smooth but don't over do the portamento or you get strange results that go ungaaaaaoahhhhhhhhhwaa.

Some shit like that !

*Hey dude we weren't flaming you persay just like to joke around somewhat !
Ask Ketz ...

I got flamed for asking dumb questions when I came on here or rather because of the way I phrased them methinks ...

I was pretty much taking the piss but some took what I was saying personally.

Huh Big Grin

eZ 0ot !

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sentinel: 10-07-2008 16:25.

10-07-2008 16:24 Homepage of Sentinel
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TheSentinel
*Hey dude we weren't flaming you persay just like to joke around somewhat !
Ask Ketz ...

I got flamed for asking dumb questions when I came on here or rather because of the way I phrased them methinks ...

I was pretty much taking the piss but some took what I was saying personally.

haha yeah don't take it too seriously man - we all gotta have a laugh sometimes - Oot Oot! Whoo Whoo! Oot (see? even i do it! Big Grin )

make sure u search the forums here, theres loads of good advice that will help you like 2Clix said, infact i was searchin yesterday and found loads of useful stuff i've already started putting into practice Pleased

as for Senty boy over here - you still takin the piss nowadays mate! Banana muppet lol

__

10-07-2008 16:52 Homepage of Ketz
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

Por Supuesto esé !!!

That I am !

You know it's probably genitic ...
My dad's an annoying arsehole so therefore I must be too !? Huh Big Grin

HaHa.

I'm also ADD and bored as fuck !

So doesn't help keeping my random mind from saying random things like ...

Piss flapz and ScatteR

¿0ok?

Massive 0ot !

eZ.

Also @dn_nb: RTFM ... Lmao ...

Best ever whatever you call them "anagrams" or someshit like that !
See it in so many threads on here !

READ THE FUCKING MANUAL Big Grin
It's boring ? - Mos' Def ...
But it'll up your knowledge ten fold and quickly too.
Perseverance and all that bullshite !

I'm outtie - Ketz ya a real muppet !

eZ 0ot again !

__

10-07-2008 16:59 Homepage of Sentinel
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bassquestion