drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Bass sound
Go to the bottom of this page Bass sound
Author

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

I'm new to FL and producing, I know people say just play around with FL, but I do that and get no where, theres too many things it's confusing. I know next to nothing about the program.

Theres a bass sound I'd like to know how to make. The only example (of a song it's in) that I can think of, is in Dizzee Rascal - Stop Dat, from 28 seconds onwards.

Can anyone tell me how to make that noise in FL please?
03-07-2008 22:45
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

Dizzy Rascal ! ...
No sorry ...

I use Reaon v4 and my dad's a Hypochondriac btw !

* Grimeeeeé bass !
Made from triangle waves If I remember correctly I have bad memory.
Easiest thing to do seen as your starting out fresh is to use already made wave samples rather than trying to create all your sounds fresh.
Plenty of free sample sites out there.
Big Thread of Samplesites & packs

Lmao.

Plenty of tuts on youtube for making basses and whatnot also try the search bar on here to look for some of the old posts with bass tuts.

Also this is a good place to start.

eZ.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sentinel: 03-07-2008 23:13.

03-07-2008 23:04 Homepage of Sentinel
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by hypochondriac
I'm new to FL and producing, I know people say just play around with FL, but I do that and get no where, theres too many things it's confusing. I know next to nothing about the program.

Theres a bass sound I'd like to know how to make. The only example (of a song it's in) that I can think of, is in Dizzee Rascal - Stop Dat, from 28 seconds onwards.

Can anyone tell me how to make that noise in FL please?

i think every1 in the world who has ever used fl or produced ever on any program has found things confusing and knew nothing about the software or producing. might sound condesending but go through the tutorials, loads in fl about everything, and read turotials on the internet, then watch video tutorials, then go through more tutorials, and more, and more....it'll come eventually....if your looking to create one bass sound in particular then you need to learn about producing and how to use fl.

dnbwiki.com is an awesome site in imo, loads of good sample there and links to tutorials, not to mention the countless tips, tricks and tut's on this forum. Wink

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
08-07-2008 11:31 Homepage of Sephiroth
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by sephiroth

i think every1 in the world who has ever used fl or produced ever on any program has found things confusing and knew nothing about the software or producing. might sound condesending but go through the tutorials, loads in fl about everything, and read turotials on the internet, then watch video tutorials, then go through more tutorials, and more, and more....it'll come eventually....if your looking to create one bass sound in particular then you need to learn about producing and how to use fl.

dnbwiki.com is an awesome site in imo, loads of good sample there and links to tutorials, not to mention the countless tips, tricks and tut's on this forum. Wink

very true... i didnt know anything when i got my first version of fruity, didnt know anyone else that produced, i had to teach myself completely. It seems like a mission to start with but stick at it, you WILL get the hang of it. It does take a lot of time and learning but is deffinately worth it. I was so close to packing it all in to start with on many occasions but now i so glad that i stuck at it. take your time to learn, theres loads of tuition vids on you tube, magazines in the shops and wicked forums like this one.

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
14-07-2008 13:03
fade doni fade doni is a female
Sexy Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2594.jpg

Registration Date: 22-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 

It might also be good for you to study some audio technology. Just for basic understanding of the soundwaves, how they transfer through air and other environment, how and when you hear them, how they are reproduced etc....

It might help you to get a better vision on the whole signal flow and what you can do with it, like adjusting the ADSR (attack/decay/sustain/release) and what every single term will do with your sound.

But yeah, of course it's not obliged and it should be for the fun I guess Smile

__
I am..... ehm..... yeah.
Pleased
22-07-2008 23:06 Homepage of fade doni
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

quote:
Originally posted by fade doni
the ADSR (attack/decay/sustain/release) and Smile

word!

open 3x osc and pick a bass preset.

then go play with those settings on the "ins" then the "cut" tab.

its very intuative Smile

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
23-07-2008 00:19
fade doni fade doni is a female
Sexy Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2594.jpg

Registration Date: 22-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 

ghe, I think these answers won't reach him anymore

Maybe he wanted just a quick example to get started and not do the searching part all alone (but hey... that's also part of the fun right? Serendipity!!)

__
I am..... ehm..... yeah.
Pleased
23-07-2008 11:12 Homepage of fade doni
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

quote:
Originally posted by fade doni
ghe, I think these answers won't reach him anymore

Maybe he wanted just a quick example to get started and not do the searching part all alone (but hey... that's also part of the fun right? Serendipity!!)

i gave him a quick example.
just follow the instruction i gave (not dificult) and play around.

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
23-07-2008 17:36
bobis

Registration Date: 24-07-2008

there are some good video tuts on youtube which teach you how to use FL studio, I learned quite a bit!

__
Resell Cash Forum - Free templates, scripts, fonts, software and more!
24-07-2008 01:02 Homepage of bobis
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Ok, so you just need to know something about soft synths...
Bass sound can be generated by any synth u use.
It`s all about filters...
For instance...
Take 3osc in FL...
Select sawtooth or square in osc 1, detune it for instance -24 cent
Select sawtooth or square in osc 2, detune it +24 cent...
In the 3rd os select sine wave do not detune it...
Have in mind that all of the oscilators should be at the same octave...
Now go to the filter section...
Tweak the cutoff left(lower the freq. of the sound until it sounds decent to you)
In mixer, use distorsion(for instance overdrive)....
U can even use the eq, for bass, cut the mids, somewhere around 400Hz, boost the bass somewhere around 90-120 Hz...
Play in piano roll....
But i think you need to understand softsynts...
There are loads of tutorials about them on Homerecordings.com...
25-07-2008 20:02
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Bass sound