drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » desk under electricity !?
Go to the bottom of this page desk under electricity !?
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

since a long time i notice my metal desk i work on (to produce) has an elektricity leak ... and i can feel the electricity when i thouch it (with my feet on the ground , if i move them up i feel nothing ... so its serious)

it can be because there are several elektrical plugs connected to the desk , propably without 'ground'

i just notice that its getting more intense , and i cant work under these conditions anymore (shocking)

is this bad for my health when i work 'under elektricity' ?

tomorrow i will test how much elektricity goes from table to the ground
25-06-2008 00:21
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

ffs lol

if thats what gets you those sick ideas, don't cut it!!! Devil

small amounts of electricity can't be bad since we are electrified by small amounts all the time. but seriously if you really feel bad from it, then "ground" it and don't ask me cause I know shit about it, find an electrician

good luck

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
25-06-2008 00:38 Homepage of cynik
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

i heard somewhere that being in a room with lots of wires and electricity flowing about the place for a long period of time can cause bouts of physconess (where u go mental n kill everyone - cant speel Wink ) but dont quote me on that.

but yeh - dont change it! - ur next tune might be a nursery rhyme remix with lots of wobble otherwise!

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
25-06-2008 04:36 Homepage of Shinyuri
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Really need to measure it.. really really need to get whatevers not grounded grounded asap. but chances are if your not flinching from it, like say you would from a low voltage electrical fence, your fine, no long term injuries.
But dont take my word for it or anybodys here(unless your an electrician that knows his or her shit)... electricity is DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!! kill you in an instant DANGEROUS!
my suggestion, get a full body rubber raincoat with matching hat and produce in that, prolly make for some thunderous basslines and some lightning ass synths Big Grin

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
25-06-2008 05:00
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Deffo get that checked out by an electrician and find out what is causing the leak. Especially since it is getting worst. The fact that you're producing on a metal table probably isn't helping. Can't you change it to a wooden table?

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
25-06-2008 08:24 Homepage of Tomos
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I am an elektrician and I do know my shit ;-p

First question: are all the wall sockets you use for the devices on your table grounded? In older houses (in Belgium anything built before 1985, if I remember correctly this is the year new regulations concerning electrical safety where introduced) this is not always the case. Some devices must be grounded. Basically this is pretty much everything with a metal casing. Simple rule of thumb: if the device's plug has an earth connection, the device should be earthed.

If there are any electric devices around with metal casing touching that table, try removing those and see if that helps. Also metal tends to have some sharp edges, so cables may have gotten damaged over time, not enough to cause a short circuit, but enough to give you the kind of small shocks. So check all your cables for wear.

Other possibility is that some wires are twisted around a part of the table (eg. around one of the tables legs going up, supposing those legs are also metal). This could cause a "coil" effect in the table, causing electromagnetic currents in the table's metal.

If trying to solve the above don't work, you can always ground the table itsself. Simply attach a ground wire to the table making sure you have a good electrical connection, prefferebly screwed and with a washer with "teeth" (something like this), and the other side connected to the ground connection of a wall socket.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 25-06-2008 21:33.

25-06-2008 21:15 Homepage of djfreemc
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » desk under electricity !?