drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Your inspiration?
Go to the bottom of this page Your inspiration?
Author
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Why do you write choonz then? What makes you wana put some shit down? U bored, wasted, arty farty type, think that u can do better than the next man?

I like writing tunes cos of that one day - i really hope the day will come - when im in a big rave, my tune comes in and everyone goes absolutely nuts for it. I really wanna make an Anthem. yeeeeeeeh....

or somink like that. i wanna make money too Big Grin

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
24-06-2008 08:12 Homepage of Shinyuri
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

Yeah I think my inspiration has evolved over the years. In the beginning, it was like I had so many ideas in my head and no one was makin tunes on the DnB scene that was similar to my ideas, so I thought I could offer something different as I at the time thought I spotted gaps in sub-genres of DnB (that have slowly closed over recent years as DnB has spread its wings to encompass so many different styles)

Also just pure emotions - I find composing a release Big Grin

Yes, I too fantasize of havin my tune played at a big rave and peeps goin nuts to my tune - one day!!!

Long and short of it - my motivation is to keep getting better, keep learning, and one day, maybe one day i'll be able to fully express myself (its like i have all these ideas in my head but i still haven't got the technical skills to fully express myself - and to apply it in a software program!) Big Grin

__

24-06-2008 09:32 Homepage of Ketz
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Good question. Personally, I've always thought of myself as a 'creative' type (I was always good in art and sport at school - the subjects which don't require much brain power Big Grin ). When I first picked up a guitar aged 12, writing music just seemed like the natural thing to do. By the time I got into dnb in about 1998, I was really into the creative aspect of music and it wasn't long before I was on my Dad's synth (he only had one!) and a Yamaha drum machine, hooked up to a 4-track cassette recorder in a pretty shoddy attempt to emulate the likes of Ed Rush, Optical, Goldie.

I wouldn't really describe myself as arty farty - although I do like art and I love farting - but what really turns me on about producing and music in general is the emotional aspect of it. And I love the way music makes you conjure up all sorts of images. It sorta puts you into another world for a short while. Like Ketz said, it's a release.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
24-06-2008 19:27 Homepage of Tomos
Krisch Krisch is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2727.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

I always want to make music. When I was child about 10 years old when i made my first "tune" (maybe the noise is the exact name of it Smile ) but my brother was like it. I made it with my toy-keyboard. I played the 1st track recorded with my hi-fi to tape. Then copied that tape to another and the same time i recorded 2nd track with mic. And so on. It was very funny. Unfortunatley it losts. I would to listen to itSmile
Nowadays i making music because i like to make things and love music too. And its make me feel very good when i write something i like. I always goin nuts when making music. Smile I think this is one of the best in music creation. Of course the second is when other people likes it.
24-06-2008 21:22 Homepage of Krisch
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
I do like art and I love farting

Big Grin that should be ur new sig!

yeh @ Krisch - thats exactly how i first started!!!! two tape decks rule!!! complete with background noise 10 times over. yeeeh

__

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
25-06-2008 04:33 Homepage of Shinyuri
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah peeps, i also forgot to mention, used to play the kayboard when i was like 10, composin my own lil melodies, had a few piano lessons but i struggled reading music Frown so quit that after a while, then picked up the guitar aged 16 - quit by the time i was 18 when i went to uni....so producin is the first thing i've gotten good (well more like half decent at the mo!) and what i don't wanna give up ! Big Grin

__

25-06-2008 09:10 Homepage of Ketz
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Well my inspiration came from when i was around 14, i somehow managed to get into this club where i lived and once a month they had big dnb nights.

And on one night they had Hype on. So imagine i was 14, off my tits on E and hype came on with his scrathing and playing some awesome tunes i was hooked, from that moment on i wanted to be a dj

So i started djing and after a while i was good enough to play out. So a few years of playing out at various places i got bored of paying everyone elses tunes so i decided to start making my own stuff.

And again after a while i had something that was good enough to play out (well i thought it was good enough then, looking back it was quite shocking) but me and my mates were hosting a tent with our soundsystem at a field party and i played my tune and it went off! Everyone was dancing for my music.

It was an amazing feeling, there i was on stage, 200/300 people dancing to the tunes i was already playing and for me to then play my own tune then everyone carry dancing was just unbelievable.

I still remember it vividly like it was yesterday. thinking about it, it was probably about 5 years ago lol.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

25-06-2008 09:33 Homepage of D2o
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost

i played my tune and it went off! Everyone was dancing for my music.

It was an amazing feeling, there i was on stage, 200/300 people dancing to the tunes i was already playing and for me to then play my own tune then everyone carry dancing was just unbelievable.

I'm jealous! Crying

__

25-06-2008 09:50 Homepage of Ketz
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
quote:

I'm jealous! Crying

I had a better experience than that a couple of years ago Wink

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by D2o: 25-06-2008 09:54.

25-06-2008 09:53 Homepage of D2o
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
quote:

I'm jealous! Crying

I had a better experience than that a couple of years ago Wink

if i ever make a tune good enough, be my guest to take it and play it to a crowd Big Grin then let me kow if they all went "booooooooooooo" or "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" when u played it lol (be warned they may mob u!)

__

25-06-2008 10:23 Homepage of Ketz
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Interesting topic.

I have a musical background, with classical violin and jazz trombone. I know some theory and have a good ear but I've always been into visual art, specifically sculpture. I honed my skills for about five years or so, and this was my portfolio that I applied to universities with:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v468/M...ovember%202006/

I finally get to college, all bright eyed and bushy tailed, and immediately get shut down by the art department. They don't have basic equipment that I need, like an oven, or an airbrush setup, or a helpful attitude. I was also told that my work wasn't really in the spirit of the art school because it was figurative and didn't contain a deeper meaning, so I would be discouraged from working that way even in my spare time.

With my only real interest and passion taken away, I discovered drum 'n' bass and this forum randomly and decided to go with it.

Also I dealt with a lot of bad luck socially the past year, especially with a girl who gave me hell. I'd end up in my dorm room just producing all night as a way of coping with everything.

It's been 9 months since I started producing, I've become burnt out on art and I would love to be a producer/DJ instead of anything else.

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
25-06-2008 11:54 Homepage of Phalanx
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by Shinyuri
quote:

Big Grin

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
25-06-2008 18:25 Homepage of Tomos
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

a really good shit always does it for me...

clear the mind... and bowls...

mmm...

__
My Sounds
26-06-2008 02:12
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Glim
a really good shit always does it for me...

clear the mind... and bowls...

mmm...

that gives sense to the phrase "shit thinking" Big Grin

as for myself, dunno, a melody must ring inside my head for me to sit and transfer it to the sequencer... so the idea itself is behind it all, when thats gone theres not much sense doing anything

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
26-06-2008 07:54 Homepage of cynik
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

i want to travel and meet new people and get rid of the 'normal life'

brr 9-5 job in rainy belgium...

Drummer if you realy want it , you can do what you want , u just have to put enough effort in it.
26-06-2008 12:03

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shinyuri
quote:

Big Grin

awesome, nuf said! Big Grin Drummer

__

26-06-2008 15:39 Homepage of Shinyuri

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Greyone
Drummer if you realy want it , you can do what you want , u just have to put enough effort in it.

fukin yes boss, thats gonna be my new mantra Pleased

__

26-06-2008 15:40 Homepage of Shinyuri
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

good question

people who hate n dont belive give me inspiration. big time

life and friends more than anything really. oh yeah............

you lot too! Big Grin

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

26-06-2008 16:33 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Your inspiration?