drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » Assigning knobs and keys
Go to the bottom of this page Assigning knobs and keys
Author

Registration Date: 20-06-2008

after some search I still haven't figured out how to assign a function to a knob (of my oxygen8 ). I put ableton in "midi" mode en klik on a function and turn a knob but nothing happens. Someone who knows what I can do best? I have Enigma but I don't know how that works (yeah i'm terribly new to this). Huh Big Grin

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by ral: 22-06-2008 06:11.

22-06-2008 06:10
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

First go to options --> presetting. Choose the category Midi/Sync and choose your controller as a remote for input and output (of course first activate your controller in the section above, green light has to shine).

As soon as this is done go again to options --> edit midi assignments (ctrl + m). Now most knobs are getting a purple colour. Choose the desired knob by clicking at it, and turn a knob on your midi keyboard. A little number saying something like 1/91…1/93 should occur. Go ahead and assign more little numbers to other knobs that you want to link to your controller in the same way.

To complete the process click again the edit midi assignments so that all knobs are loosing that purple colour and are not locked anymore.

If you now turn your midi keyboards knobs they will move the ones you’ve assigned in ableton.

Hope it works in your version of ableton, too. In my shitty light version it works just fine.

Cheerz!
22-06-2008 11:44 Homepage of Gregg
ral

Registration Date: 20-06-2008

thx! Happy
27-06-2008 14:57
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » Assigning knobs and keys