drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Pro Tools » Grrrrrrrrr... Pro Tools ruined my tune!
Go to the bottom of this page Grrrrrrrrr... Pro Tools ruined my tune!
Author
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Spent last night working on "Can't Get Going".

Spent several hours on it, was coming along nicely and was now into the second breakdown and had added a nice bit of mid-range bass like people suggested.

Go to open it this morning and structure has decided not to remember any of my patches, not one of them and pretty much everything was coming from it so that, drums pads, basses and effects. whole tune is ruined.

Big time pissed off, was turning into one of my best bits of work and the first thing in ages that i thought i'd finish and now its gone.

Feeling really shit and fed up of producing.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

02-06-2008 17:24 Homepage of D2o
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

And before someone says it, yes i know i should of saved the patches! Big Grin

Just its never happened before.

Just well gutted cuz i spent sooo long on getting it to sound sweet Frown

__

02-06-2008 17:34 Homepage of D2o
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

Man, That´s fuckin' harsh. Shocked Huh Crying

I hope you manage to sort it out and get over it esé. Noo Cry

__

02-06-2008 17:36 Homepage of Sentinel
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Fuck, I thought this shit only happened to FL users. I'm not sure what to say, other than I feel your pain. Frown It can be genuinely upsetting if one of your best tunes is destroyed. This has happened about 2 or 3 times to me on FL. Touch wood, it hasn't happened for a while. One problem I'm currently having tho is that I accidentally managed to mash-up my version of Massive and now I can't alter the basslines I'm currently working on. Crying And they are the best I've done so far. I've tried reinstalling it and bunch of other tricks but nothing is working right now. Oh well, that's one of the realities of producing I guess - unfortunately!

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
02-06-2008 17:41 Homepage of Tomos
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

Its fucking soul destroying. Iv not had anything anywhere near that good for so long now that my love for producing was starting to die, this really hasn't helped.

__

02-06-2008 17:45 Homepage of D2o
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

sorry to hear that mate, I feel ur pain too, used to happen to me when I used to use FL and early Reason (but that was when I made tunes in Kenya, didn't save my work and there was a power surge - lost my whole tune!) if it makes u feel any better, I did restart one of my lost projects from scratch and it turned out better than the original - i know its just all those hours spent that have gone to waste Evil

dont let this get u down - ur a sick producer - keep ur chin up mate

__

02-06-2008 17:50 Homepage of Ketz
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz

Word!

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
02-06-2008 17:56 Homepage of Tomos
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers guys!!

I have been trying to put the samples back in but the beat just doesnt sound anywhere near as good and i can't actually remember what the pad samples are anymore! lol

Just a fucking blag.

__

02-06-2008 18:49 Homepage of D2o
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
sorry to hear that mate, I feel ur pain too, used to happen to me when I used to use FL and early Reason (but that was when I made tunes in Kenya, didn't save my work and there was a power surge - lost my whole tune!) if it makes u feel any better, I did restart one of my lost projects from scratch and it turned out better than the original - i know its just all those hours spent that have gone to waste Evil

Hear Hear. Bigup

Yeah that´s why we have laptops and UPS´s !!!

My new laptop has 3 hour battery time and my UPS apart from regulating the amount of power my laptop is recieving - So as not to burn it out like the english computer and laptop I brought over from England with me to Spain did. - Has 20 minutes backup time to let you save everything and shutdown your computer safely.

cost me €45 ish.
Maybe 30 squid in pounds.
[can´t find the pound sign on here otherwise I´d use it.]

And yeah Misseur Ghost is a sick producer and also very kind as to let me study his own made patches !

Yeah, Yeah, Bigup again and you´ll sort it out !!!

We hope !

__

02-06-2008 18:57 Homepage of Sentinel
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

If the DAW is being a bitch, fight back...
Cheer up man, we've all been victims of this one time or another (or many times).

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
02-06-2008 19:52 Homepage of BattleDrone
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I’m using FL 5 with no updates and shit at all and it never crashes or makes corrupt files.

Hurray for the good old days.

Fl has never crashed, my hard drive did though, so I really feel your pain ghost. Loosing data is like loosing a bit of life…
02-06-2008 21:05 Homepage of Gregg
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

back to reason!

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
03-06-2008 00:29 Homepage of cynik
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

ur nu to pro tools innit ghost? well if thats what u can do when u r nu just imagine what u will do with more hours put into it - dont give up on it, your one of the best on ere boss. much as i love reason too, dont go back to it - the best use pro tools imo.

btw - what laptop did u get the sentinal - and what is that ups thing ur talking about?

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Shinyuri: 03-06-2008 04:46.

03-06-2008 04:43 Homepage of Shinyuri
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

oh and one final thing (if it makes u feel better but probably won't) - i saw on the news a couple months back this house producer (who had done tunes for Kylie Minouge etc) lost his old laptop with all his tunes when Heathrow Terminal 5 opened - he lost his whole new upcoming unreleased album!!!!!!!!!!! with no back-up!!!!!!!

__

03-06-2008 09:35 Homepage of Ketz
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
oh and one final thing (if it makes u feel better but probably won't) - i saw on the news a couple months back this house producer (who had done tunes for Kylie Minouge etc) lost his old laptop with all his tunes when Heathrow Terminal 5 opened - he lost his whole new upcoming unreleased album!!!!!!!!!!! with no back-up!!!!!!!

Buggery !!!

Doesn´t sound very professional !!! Huh

And to Shinyuri.

Hmmm ...

Some Spanish make on offer [My old one fried the day before I bought it and I needed one quick and was strapped for cash so ya know] but it´s good enough to run Reason 4 quite easily. Cost me just under €500.

4ghz with 2gb ram, only downfall is it's vista and it's in spanish. - Bastards.
Keyboard is in Spanish layout too - Kind of confusing at times when you´re used to tapping away at a UK keyboard layout.

And the UPS ...

Controls the amount of electric current voltage going into your pc or laptop.
Always stays the same level even if the real voltage drops or rises.
Stops nasty surges and computer meltdowns.
Plus it has a 20 minute battery backup for when the power goes off to as I said before - Save your work and power down safely !!!

At €40 you can´t go wrong.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sentinel: 03-06-2008 16:25.

03-06-2008 16:23 Homepage of Sentinel
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Oh that's the worst thing that can happen Frown

I've also learned my lesson the hard way and now I'm doing a backup every day, I've developed some healthy paranoia after a couple of hard disk crashes Doped

It's not infallible though, since it overwrites the same data every time, I once found out that a file was corrupted, and the system had happily been backing up the corrupted file for days, and the 'good' backup was erased Crying

I also back up the things I'm currently working on on a USB stick several times a day. I have this stick on a keyring with my car keys so I have it with me at all times - even if the house burns down I'll still have a backup of my current projects Smile

If you set it up right it won't bother you at all and will do everything automatically - incremental backups only copy the files that have actually changed since the last backup, usually takes only a couple of seconds, and works in the background so it doesn't slow you down at all.

I use SyncBackSE (XP) and Unison (linux)

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-06-2008 20:40 Homepage of thechronic
CheesyPOOF5
Steppa

Registration Date: 16-12-2007

Frown
Similar thing just happened to me, was working on the greatest sounding tune I'd ever made (still not very good I'm sure, lol, but I'm getting better) I went to save and FL studio crashed as it saved, corrupting the file. This actually happens quite a lot actually, does anyone know what could be causing it?
14-06-2008 09:16
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

@ cheeseypoof, thats a bitch when that happens, i dunno why that happans but the only advise ive got to give on that one is to save ur tune under a different name every time i.e.;

mad drums
mad drums 2
mad drums 2 better eq
mad drums 2 better eq mastered

etc etc

quite a lot i make somink and then change it and it sounds pants so if you do the above, u can go back to the good thing whenever.

peace

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
14-06-2008 09:26 Homepage of Shinyuri
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Pro Tools » Grrrrrrrrr... Pro Tools ruined my tune!