drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » ABLETON 7 buffering problem!! :'{
Go to the bottom of this page ABLETON 7 buffering problem!! :'{
Author
you_are_a_noise you_are_a_noise is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2347.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

I'm VERY new to Ableton so please be nice about this heh... Frown

The only major issue I have right now is buffering...
(yeah i searched the forum for buffering under ableton and nothing came up)

So far (things that helped...):
I went into the OPTIONS>PREFERRENCES....
-changed my IN/OUT SAMPLE RATE to

-changed DEFAULT SR & PITCH CONVERSION to
HIGH QUALITY

-changed INPUT BUFFER SIZE to
2944 SAMPLES

-changed OUTPUT BUFFER SIZE to
2944 SAMPLES

-changed DRIVER ERROR COMPENSATION to
300.0 MS (equivalent to 6615 SMP)

What settings can help me with my buffering problems????
Probably depends on what sound card or whatever I'm using but can I still get some opinions at least?? please? Confused

if to answer the question you need to know any other settings i have set for my program, just let me know and i can get back to you pretty quickly :}

very appreciative of anything anyone has to say

__
 DJ  
30-05-2008 06:18
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

It would help to know what system you're running, so give us some specs of your computer (processor, RAM memory type & size and sound card are the most important ones for this)

Lowering the sample rate to 22050Hz is not a good idea, because it will degrade your sound quality too much (the standard 44100 is cd quality)

have you checked your asio latency settings?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 03-06-2008 18:47.

03-06-2008 18:46 Homepage of djfreemc
Cool Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
It would help to know what system you're running, so give us some specs of your computer (processor, RAM memory type & size and sound card are the most important ones for this)

Lowering the sample rate to 22050Hz is not a good idea, because it will degrade your sound quality too much (the standard 44100 is cd quality)

have you checked your asio latency settings?

Eh, terribly sorry for the delay.

Where could I easily look up the specs?
I'm also not familiar with asio latency settings
>.<
sorry if that makes me seem difficult

And next time you reply I can easily get the info for you (hopefully) with the direction desired.

[please get back!]

__
 DJ  
09-07-2008 03:15
Skcrog86_FR

Registration Date: 11-07-2008

(Hi I'm new on this board!)

To get infos about your computer go :

Start > Config Panel > System
There you will find your processor's specs and you RAM, that could be useful for us.

First of all, to avoid the scratachy noises in you sound, set the Output buffer size higher and for testing, press a key on your midi keyboard and check the latency before the sound. If the latency is too long, put the Output buffer size down but not too much, you will find tyhe right "middle" between a too long latency and the noises!

Try that and tell us!
11-07-2008 14:59
Cool Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

alright, specs!!

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1501
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz
Memory (ram): 894 MB
System Type: 32-bit Operating system

Well putting the buffering up helped to start and I adjusted it to a decent "medium" but every once in a while you'll catch some lag, whether it's in the beats or in the instrunments, midi or whatever. Is there anyway I can completely get rid of that?

__
 DJ  
11-07-2008 20:42
CLARKFADER
unregistered
i think its your RAM mate , cause the better the program gets , the more processing it does !!!!!!!!! 1 thing thou , what driver have you got , cause i`ve now got 4 GB RAM and i was still having a bit of trouble with my normal driver , then i swiched it to ASIO4ALL , and then cranked the buffer size upto 1792 samples , and now its ok , im pretty sure u can download it 4 free , ooh found it here it is , http://www.asio4all.com/ , hope this helps , but i think the best thing is to get more RAM , or just try to use samples with ableton as it wont use to much power !!!!!
31-07-2008 12:42
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

You have very few RAM indeed, I would get some more, RAM prices are very cheap nowadays. less than 30€ per gigabyte. I would recommend to put in at least 2GB.

Also, seeing that you have a Dell computer, I would spend some time cleaning up the system. Dells come with a lot of crapware that bogs down the computer, look in your Add/Remove Programs control panel and get rid of everything you don't need.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
31-07-2008 15:03 Homepage of thechronic
CLARKFADER
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
You have very few RAM indeed, I would get some more, RAM prices are very cheap nowadays. less than 30€ per gigabyte. I would recommend to put in at least 2GB.

Also, seeing that you have a Dell computer, I would spend some time cleaning up the system. Dells come with a lot of crapware that bogs down the computer, look in your Add/Remove Programs control panel and get rid of everything you don't need.

WISE WORDZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
31-07-2008 15:35
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » ABLETON 7 buffering problem!! :'{