drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » blood sugar drums
Go to the bottom of this page blood sugar drums
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.50

Hey,

Is the overal of blood sugar(pendulum) even a breakbeat, but anyhows how can i create something like it? or you know a good sample like it??

THx

heres a link to the vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cXRnkMqcMic
25-05-2008 21:05
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

get an amen beat, fiddle around with it - eq out the bottom and some of the mids - and then put a bass drum and a snare (single hit drums - layer them for more punch) over the top of it. job dun. boost the bass drum around 100 and the snare around 200 - 250 hz to get even more punch. as far as dnb goes its a fairly simple beat but very effective. (i use it in pretty much all my tunes but i dont think anyone has noticed yet shhh.....dont tell them...) if u use reason i can make u a very simple version if u like?

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
26-05-2008 08:09 Homepage of Shinyuri
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by Shinyuri
get an amen beat, fiddle around with it - eq out the bottom and some of the mids - and then put a bass drum and a snare (single hit drums - layer them for more punch) over the top of it. job dun. boost the bass drum around 100 and the snare around 200 - 250 hz to get even more punch. as far as dnb goes its a fairly simple beat but very effective. (i use it in pretty much all my tunes but i dont think anyone has noticed yet shhh.....dont tell them...) if u use reason i can make u a very simple version if u like?

Yep, what he said.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
26-05-2008 09:16 Homepage of Tomos
rockx
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

thx!!, i do use reason if you could make me a simple version i could prob figure it out more easily.

Thx mate!!!!
26-05-2008 11:12

Helpfulness rating: 

very simple version, not really dun well but u can kind of see the pattern going on. read the read me for more info. layer up for more beef. eq gud to sound like pendulum!

http://www.speedyshare.com/956132922.html

peace

__

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
26-05-2008 23:56 Homepage of Shinyuri
rockx
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Hey thx man!! this is some good stuff!
27-05-2008 08:20
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

quote:
very simple version, not really dun well but u can kind of see the pattern going on. read the read me for more info. layer up for more beef. eq gud to sound like pendulum!

peace

I just checked this out. I always find it interesting how everyone set up reason differently. The way you done the bass is fantastic. I love the automation on the filter. I use the filter sometimes, but mainly on drums. I normally use the LFO for movement on the filter... I think this could be a new approach for me. Thanks for sharing. Happy

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
27-05-2008 08:52

Helpfulness rating: 

no probs - hope you guys can make good use of it. yeh the frequency thing - its badboy innit - i use it for both drums and the bass. try this too - once you have automated your frequency on the filter - switch from the lowpass to the bandpass switch - it has some naughty results so long as you have a sub bass underneath (you will hear an example of that in the next tune i will post up - D2TB). u ever combined too filters in series? have one on bandpass and the other on lowpass having different automations - some weird stuff comes from that - sort of neuro-ish. anyways, experiment and you can get awesome results.

peace

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Shinyuri: 27-05-2008 10:13.

27-05-2008 10:10 Homepage of Shinyuri
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

quote:
no probs - hope you guys can make good use of it. yeh the frequency thing - its badboy innit - i use it for both drums and the bass. try this too - once you have automated your frequency on the filter - switch from the lowpass to the bandpass switch - it has some naughty results so long as you have a sub bass underneath (you will hear an example of that in the next tune i will post up - D2TB). u ever combined too filters in series? have one on bandpass and the other on lowpass having different automations - some weird stuff comes from that - sort of neuro-ish. anyways, experiment and you can get awesome results.

peace

Your a bad man!!! Gonna check that double filter business tomorrow... Don't wanna wake me house mates up Big Grin

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
27-05-2008 17:59
dnb nick
Producer

Registration Date: 29-01-2008

how do i check out the drums sample m8. everytime i try and load it up it says i cant for some reason do i need to subscribe to speedy share.
27-05-2008 22:19

Helpfulness rating: 

oh, speedy share is a bit crap - it deletes things after a couple of days. send me ur email address and ill send it to u. its a reason file tho not a sample - only work if u have reason

__

28-05-2008 08:44 Homepage of Shinyuri
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
oh, speedy share is a bit crap - it deletes things after a couple of days. send me ur email address and ill send it to u. its a reason file tho not a sample - only work if u have reason

http://adrive.com

Free 50GB online HD and sharer.
That´s what I´ve been using to upload files with.

You have to click on share button at the side of your uploaded files to make them available to the public.

*I forgot ...
Thanx for the drum sample !!! Bigup

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sentinel: 28-05-2008 15:59.

28-05-2008 15:58 Homepage of Sentinel

Helpfulness rating: 

nice one the sentinal - 50gigs is just what i need!!

nu dl page is this one;

http://adrive.com/public/9aabcdd6e5b4fef...15f741a658.html

__

28-05-2008 17:08 Homepage of Shinyuri
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

No problem esé !!!

__

28-05-2008 17:10 Homepage of Sentinel
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I've uploaded the file to the samples page if you prefer a quick download over all this free hosting crap.

If you mind it being available here, let me know and I'll remove it.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-05-2008 18:38 Homepage of thechronic

Helpfulness rating: 

nice one chronic, nah i dont mind it being there but i hope everyone knows its only a tutorial - a rather pants one at that!

__

30-05-2008 09:14 Homepage of Shinyuri
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
nice one chronic, nah i dont mind it being there but i hope everyone knows its only a tutorial - a rather pants one at that!

Ahhh modesty !

HaHa.

__

30-05-2008 18:13 Homepage of Sentinel
Flash

Registration Date: 02-10-2008

quote:

peace

Hey man, can you reupload this? Id love to take a look. Cheers!!

__
Drum n Bass Production Blog <-- Free Samples, Rex Breaks, Bass Loops, FX, Tutorials & More.
02-10-2008 21:40
J.Rabbit J.Rabbit is a male
Creativity through Mental Illness...

images/avatars/avatar-2547.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by rockx
Hey,

Is the overal of blood sugar(pendulum) even a breakbeat, but anyhows how can i create something like it? or you know a good sample like it??

THx

heres a link to the vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cXRnkMqcMic

go to youtube and type in "drum n' bass tutorial" - a bunch of shit will pop up, watch the Chase and Status tutorial - they really show the importance of various layers and layer drum samples over chopped drum breaks... layer, then eq... but it looks like you've already gotten some good advice as well...

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

"Clownstep is a derisory term, used by certain listeners to describe a certain style in a negative way, it's not a subgenre as such, but most producers would feel insulted by the labelling of their music as "clownstep"."
03-10-2008 00:59 Homepage of J.Rabbit
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » blood sugar drums