drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Squarepusher Sound
Go to the bottom of this page Squarepusher Sound
Author

Registration Date: 16-05-2008

how does he get that sound thats like "bggggggeeeewww" like a turnable being shut off, but not quite the same? actually, how does he make all those fucking sounds he has? I have Ableton Live and I can't really get anywhere near those kinds of crazy noises. Any suggestions?
16-05-2008 04:44
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

You need to give us some YouTube/MP3 links to the sounds you're trying to create.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
16-05-2008 08:20 Homepage of Tomos
J.Rabbit J.Rabbit is a male
Creativity through Mental Illness...

images/avatars/avatar-2547.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Squarepusher is a crazy mother fucker... if you're talking about a sound the resembles a record being turned off, you could use a pitch bend on a drum wav. to have it like die down along with the rest of the song... but I'm not familiar with Ableton, and I'm not sure which specific song your talking about.

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

"Clownstep is a derisory term, used by certain listeners to describe a certain style in a negative way, it's not a subgenre as such, but most producers would feel insulted by the labelling of their music as "clownstep"."
16-05-2008 10:15 Homepage of J.Rabbit
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

quote:
Originally posted by KurtisBlow
how does he get that sound thats like "bggggggeeeewww" like a turnable being shut off, but not quite the same?

are you sure its not that "chucka-pawaaw chucka-pawaaw" sound??!! lol if its the sound i think you're talking about it could be pitch bending drum hits as fast as every 64th of a bar?!

squarepusher is a complte madman, I wonder how long he takes to make his tunes, I am in complete awe of his skills - he brings method to madness - a genius

__

21-05-2008 15:17 Homepage of Ketz
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

For drill 'n' bass type tracks slicing up the break super fast and pitching it downward works pretty well.

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
22-05-2008 20:29 Homepage of Phalanx
syneptic syneptic is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2272.jpg

Registration Date: 11-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.60

for breaks and drums just use 64 notes and play with the velocity

if you need it soundwise there are several glitch plug ins (i dont use plug ins but i can check you some )

and if you use reason too there is an awesome tutorial how to fuck sound up - stretch it - go crazy with it !

__
www.myspace.com/djsyneptic
23-05-2008 15:45 Homepage of syneptic
sssonarrr sssonarrr is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1223.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

if you use fruity studio, there is this plug in called fruity granuliser, that's a good tool to make strange sounds that are cool, and some parts of squarepusher songs make me think of the affect that the granuliser gives to your sounds

__
Bigup laborecordings
23-05-2008 19:24 Homepage of sssonarrr
PLaGuE CeLL PLaGuE CeLL is a male
Subwoofer on a Killing Spree

images/avatars/avatar-1457.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

He's a big fan of granular synthesis and he uses Reaktor to make a lot of his synths and various weirdnesses :p Seriously, this dude is untouchable Big Grin

if you get hold of Reaktor it's worth getting to know, it's very confusing and I've just started fiddling with it, but looks like it's and insanely powerful program in the right hands.

__
My Myspace
25-05-2008 00:54
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Squarepusher Sound