drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Problem with Massive...
Go to the bottom of this page Problem with Massive...
Author
Creativity through Mental Illness...

images/avatars/avatar-2547.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

So I'm using Massive with FL7, and it hasn't been an issue... and this might be a glitch, however...

I'm trying to modify a preset sound, and when I try to put an LFO (LFO5 to be specific not that it matters) into a filter or an OSC, FL closes automatically... however, I think it is important to note that I do not have this problem when I start with an "unnamed sound" and modify it from there... has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what this could be or how to correct this issue?

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

"Clownstep is a derisory term, used by certain listeners to describe a certain style in a negative way, it's not a subgenre as such, but most producers would feel insulted by the labelling of their music as "clownstep"."
12-05-2008 06:49 Homepage of J.Rabbit
J.Rabbit J.Rabbit is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah, it just happened again when I tried to move an internal envelope from an LFO to the cut of F1... and this is an "unnamed sound" that I had modified from the beginning.... this shit is seriously getting to me... any idea's of what this could be or how to fix it would be awesome...

Mad

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

"Clownstep is a derisory term, used by certain listeners to describe a certain style in a negative way, it's not a subgenre as such, but most producers would feel insulted by the labelling of their music as "clownstep"."
12-05-2008 08:44 Homepage of J.Rabbit
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

are you using a "borrowed" version?

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

12-05-2008 09:42 Homepage of D2o
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

and please get rid of that rough avatar

__

12-05-2008 10:57 Homepage of D2o
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

typical problem for borrowed versions yep.

I like the avatar Happy

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
12-05-2008 11:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone

I like the avatar Happy

obviously not as good as mine Tongue

__

12-05-2008 12:17 Homepage of D2o
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone

I like the avatar Happy

obviously not as good as mine Tongue

Unless you like vomit sex Lol

__
12-05-2008 12:27 Homepage of BattleDrone

Helpfulness rating: 

when you say "borrowed version" do you mean like a demo version, I thought it was the full version... most demo's that I've used in the past will either make some sort of noise sparatically or say something annoying every few minutes...

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

12-05-2008 15:40 Homepage of J.Rabbit
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by J.Rabbit
when you say "borrowed version" do you mean like a demo version, I thought it was the full version... most demo's that I've used in the past will either make some sort of noise sparatically or say something annoying every few minutes...

when i say borrowed i bassically mean stolen, cracked, wearz etc

__

12-05-2008 15:52 Homepage of D2o

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

when i say borrowed i bassically mean stolen, cracked, wearz etc

yeah probably, I didn't pay for it... however, I DLed it from a site under "freeware"... I thought it was odd that such a "massive" plug from Native would be free, but I didn't really stop or bother to ask questions... but you say that this is a common problem with the borrowed version of Massive?

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

12-05-2008 17:09 Homepage of J.Rabbit
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

Im no programmer.
In fact, far from it but all i know is that cracks can be very unstable which i think is something to do with the coding of the crack itself?

dunno, someone more knowledgeable might be able to give a better answer

__

12-05-2008 17:51 Homepage of D2o
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

cracks are good, FL proccessing though can be fucked. to be hones ti hanv't got massive working for me either. but a lot of high quality stuff needs to be forced to a biggerbuffer size in FL studio. that's under the folder on the top left > Use Fixed Buffer Size

but for it too be crashing when adding a LFO it's probly an older version of Massive. unlike most vst's NI will update their stuff, because it's so complex problems do arise and often there's compat issues with Ni and FL, a lot of times their patchs will address, that, if you cehck change log for their stuff, a lot of stuff usually refers to it.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 12-05-2008 18:57.

12-05-2008 18:53 Homepage of Halph-Price
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aLvZlFkQ-UQ

__

12-05-2008 18:56 Homepage of D2o

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
cracks are good, FL proccessing though can be fucked. to be hones ti hanv't got massive working for me either. but a lot of high quality stuff needs to be forced to a biggerbuffer size in FL studio. that's under the folder on the top left > Use Fixed Buffer Size

but for it too be crashing when adding a LFO it's probly an older version of Massive. unlike most vst's NI will update their stuff, because it's so complex problems do arise and often there's compat issues with Ni and FL, a lot of times their patchs will address, that, if you cehck change log for their stuff, a lot of stuff usually refers to it.

I do adjust the buffer size frequently depending on what I have running... but as far it being an older version... it looks the exact same as the tutorials on native's website... how would I be able to tell, considering that I'm using a borrowed version?

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

12-05-2008 20:21 Homepage of J.Rabbit
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

I do adjust the buffer size frequently depending on what I have running... but as far it being an older version... it looks the exact same as the tutorials on native's website... how would I be able to tell, considering that I'm using a borrowed version?

no no, there's an actual button you click on plug in's that make sthe buffer size FIXED, regardless what what buffer you change it too, it's something big i tihnk, and i have my buffer crnaked, adn the fixed buffer still makes a difference regardless of your own buffer rate.

it helps give the plug-in more time to proccess, regardless of what your buffer is set too. it helps with program stability.

as for the version, i dunno, usually they have a button somewhere that gives a pop-up for that int eh bottem right or something. i don't usemassive it's soo mcuh for me, and i could never get it working either. but i know fl.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 12-05-2008 20:41.

12-05-2008 20:37 Homepage of Halph-Price
djphrenzy
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2290.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

'Stolen' NI VSTs do not exist. All cracked versions out there have been released by NI and contain time bombs.

__
-phrenzy-
1. Two Sawtooth Waves
2. Detune first wave +9%
3. Detune second wave -9%
4. ???
5. Profit!
12-05-2008 20:41 Homepage of djphrenzy
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by djphrenzy
'Stolen' NI VSTs do not exist. All cracked versions out there have been released by NI and contain time bombs.

do you have a link to source of this information?

__

12-05-2008 20:57 Homepage of D2o
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

do you have a link to source of this information?

Of course such info is never official, but let's suppose it's true, why would they do this?
- Crack your own stuff so others won't feel the need to do it.
- Give your stuff to some crackers and tell them they can release it but they should leave in the timebomb.
-By the time the timebomb detonates everyone has had a very good look at your synth, very good publicity.
- You know the crackers and they know you know them, so they won't fix the timebomb (scared).
- People can choose to buy the program or leave it to others.
- FL Studio has been walking this path too with FL7...

Pays off imo.

__
12-05-2008 23:07 Homepage of BattleDrone
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

the did it for pirated music, they released "leaked" songs that had the chorus repeted over and over again, or they had random noise in it. and flooded the "napster" programs back in the day.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

12-05-2008 23:25 Homepage of Halph-Price

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

when you say time bomb, what do you mean? like, my computer's going to bug out or it's just going to stop working sooner or later... I might've gotten it from a legit site, but I don't remember, either way, I need to get the full version... any ideas?

__
www.myspace.com/jrabbit

13-05-2008 03:58 Homepage of J.Rabbit
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Problem with Massive...