drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Filters / EQs on Reason ReDrum
Go to the bottom of this page Filters / EQs on Reason ReDrum
Author
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

Hey All,

Currently I'm using Reason 2 (will update to 4 soon though). Looking for a bit of advice or even just your views on this - at the mo I normally filter or EQ the Redrum on the send effects on the main mixer. Although I know you can route individual EQs and filters to each individual sample (eg one filter for hh1 and another for hh2 on the same Redrum machine)

1st question - how exactly do I route them from the back of the virtual studio? (I have done so but normally the more I add the more confused I get as visually the wires are all over the shop!)

2nd question - do you recommend that individual filters and EQs to each drum sound? I reckon when constructing a beat from scratch it could be a good idea for tweaking each sound to perfection so everything fits and sounds right. Would be interested to know how you guys go about this and what you recommend

I know its a lot easier on FL as each sound is on a different sampler anyways!

safe geezahs Smile

__

23-04-2008 17:59 Homepage of Ketz
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Still using Redrum? Switch to the NN-XT, or was that addes in 2.5? Then switch when you upgrade

2) Each sound on its own!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-04-2008 19:43 Homepage of Surya
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah still using re-drum, but i have the NNXT as well which i hardly use.. wouldn't that be more complicated to use than redrum when programming beats?

__

24-04-2008 11:16 Homepage of Ketz
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Yeah

more complicated

but also

more control, more routing options, better velocity control etc etc etc

make the switch quick, you won't go back once you have

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

24-04-2008 11:46 Homepage of Binary Havoc
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

cheers mate, will do asap, just gotta finish a couple tunes I'm makin with the old format and then its upgrade time! (always annoying on redrum when u only have 3 velocity settings - nowhere near enough for the sounds you need to aceive with DnB!)

__

24-04-2008 14:12 Homepage of Ketz
CLARKFADER
unregistered
hey if you want to put individual effects on the redrum , you need to , it would be better if you had 2.5 or more then u could have the smaller line mixer , but no worries , create a mixer with the redrum , then you have to press shift and the effect you want , turn the rack around , then you wire the output of the effect to the mixer channel you want , then wire the input to the redrum , that will give you the effect you want on the drum sample you want , hope this helps , any more questions , feel free to ask !!!!!!
28-04-2008 23:11
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Moving to right forum...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
29-04-2008 01:51 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks Clarkfader thats been doing my head in for ages! I'm sure I'll have more questions soon when I get Reason 4...! I really need to focus on the technical aspects of production (which is probably one of the most important parts anyways! lol)

safe dude - much appreciated, will give it a go Big Grin

__

29-04-2008 13:38 Homepage of Ketz
CLARKFADER
unregistered
yeah , get reason 4 , its wicked , alot better than the rest , more different and its better 4 putting your tracks together !!!!!! i found alot of tutorials on utube , try them , you`ll find alot of usefull shit on there , but if you need anymore help , i`ll be glad to help , cheers mate , peace !!!!!!!
29-04-2008 14:54
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

oh one more thing.. I assume all the older projects I made on Reason 2 will work on Reason 4??

__

30-04-2008 09:15 Homepage of Ketz
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Yeh they should all work no probs

Still think you should sack off redrum and start using NN-XT

much more flexible

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

30-04-2008 09:17 Homepage of D2o
CLARKFADER
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
oh one more thing.. I assume all the older projects I made on Reason 2 will work on Reason 4??

yes they will !!!!!!!!!!!
30-04-2008 12:30
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

Nice one guys, may be able to spice up some of my really old tunes in that case (I've got loads of old crap stuff that no ones ever heard bar a few mates lol)

So with the NNXT do you just program the beats on the sample editor?

Sounds a bit tedious but I appreciate it needs to be done - you should see some of my set ups sometimes, waaaay too many instruments, but then I needed that many to route different effects to each sample (if that makes any sense!)

__

30-04-2008 12:55 Homepage of Ketz
CLARKFADER
unregistered
quote:
Nice one guys, may be able to spice up some of my really old tunes in that case (I've got loads of old crap stuff that no ones ever heard bar a few mates lol)

Sounds a bit tedious but I appreciate it needs to be done - you should see some of my set ups sometimes, waaaay too many instruments, but then I needed that many to route different effects to each sample (if that makes any sense!)

yeah , the only down side of the nnxt is that , you cant put effects on the inividual drums but you can filter them and have a bit more control in some ways , it is tediuos both ways unfortunatly , the good thing about having 2.5 and onwards is that you can have a combinator , witch alouse you to have a redrum , load the effects in and then save the patch so you dont have to keep doing it everytime , i`ve got a patch you can have once you get the new reason , just let me know yeah , it works wonders !!!!!
30-04-2008 13:43
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by CLARKFADER
quote:

yeah , the only down side of the nnxt is that , you cant put effects on the inividual drums but you can filter them and have a bit more control in some ways , it is tediuos both ways unfortunatly , the good thing about having 2.5 and onwards is that you can have a combinator , witch alouse you to have a redrum , load the effects in and then save the patch so you dont have to keep doing it everytime , i`ve got a patch you can have once you get the new reason , just let me know yeah , it works wonders !!!!!

What you talking about man?
Of course you can, you not seen the 16 outputs there is on the back?

__

30-04-2008 13:59 Homepage of D2o
CLARKFADER
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
quote:
Originally posted by CLARKFADER
quote:

dident know that , but there outputs not inputs , how do you put the effects in the different individual samples ???????

What you talking about man?
Of course you can, you no
the back?
30-04-2008 14:14
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

you route the desired sample to a spare output then add the effect in the same way you would add effect to a sample on the redrum

__

30-04-2008 14:45 Homepage of D2o
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

haha - there u go man learn something new everyday! Smile loads of good info here guys, I'm printing this page off and taking it home with me!

__

30-04-2008 17:28 Homepage of Ketz
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

Drummer

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
30-04-2008 22:18 Homepage of cynik
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

would just like to revisit this fairly old thread to say that I am now using the NN-XT for making my beats and man have I noticed a massive difference between this and redrum! Drummer

so much better, so much more attention to detail, definately helped me to get loads more control over each individual drum sound!

i would definately recomend this to any fellow reason user who doesn't use the NN-XT for making beats (although I'm sure all of u use NN-XT anyways lol)

Bigup

__

25-07-2008 17:07 Homepage of Ketz
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Filters / EQs on Reason ReDrum