drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » the difference between DOA and dnb.be
Go to the bottom of this page the difference between DOA and dnb.be
Author
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-43.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

whatever you guys. message boards will be message boards, and if u ask me DOA is the one on top in the 'worldwide dnb scene'. Indeed it does contain a lotta crap like other boards, but he who can see beyond that will discover heaps of interesting info, not to mention posts from big name producers, always a good read!
06-02-2004 13:13
rorschach rorschach is a male
Cool Steppa

Registration Date: 24-08-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dose
hmmmm...
2 things...
1. Why bitch on DOA if we have the same thing over here (breakz is getting as bad as DOA imho)

word!! way too much threads without any content it seems to me..
06-02-2004 13:16 Homepage of rorschach
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
Originally posted by illuminati
i wonder if george bush and tony blair get together and dance to DNB tracks?

probably to johhny l's "let's roll" , think that bush would just looooooove to hear his own voice on dnb Big Grin

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
06-02-2004 13:55 Homepage of basslicious
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
[i]Originally posted by dose[/i
1. Why bitch on DOA if we have the same thing over here (breakz is getting as bad as DOA imho)

indeed , that was just my point , it's not only there in england where its starting , but also here ( must say that i haven't visited breakz in a long time just becoz of that )

and also becoz of the zero-tolerance on breakz when you DARE to say that you found some track/party good when the bigger part of the posters ( who think they're the allmighty dnb pro's , " wa zij zegge , moet dan ook zo zijn volgens hun " i dunno , can't explain it in english i guess , but it really pissed me off )

anywayz , lets all make sure that this nice forum won't be destroyed as DOA or breakz is being ...

positive vibeeezzzzz to all of ya Big Grin Bigup

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
06-02-2004 14:02 Homepage of basslicious
::prez:: ::prez:: is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 01-10-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I'm only 9 months or so in d&b but think that is long enough to witness this evolution, so here's my opinion:

Some people seem to have forgotten the word Community that comes along with a board.
The original purpose is to create a place where people who carry d&b in their heart can help eachother out,
have a proper discussion and get to know eachother better in a friendly atmosphere
(= respect the opinion of others, don't think you know it all, maybe you have years of experience in the scene but there are always new things to learn, isn't it Big Grin )
On some boards this elements are sometimes forgotten and the discussions get very hostile but there are still a lot of good and usefull things to read on them...

Cheerz.

__
- The disease of today is they want to give a name to everything -
06-02-2004 17:18
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I just registered with DOA & fuck whats with all the huge picture & animated signatures! It sucks big time!!! Knownothing I spent like 5 minutes on there then got pissed of & thought 'fuck this bollocks' & came back to dnb.be! Pleased

On the upside 'The Grid' seems to have some ok threads about producing and all the dubs, new releases & store is cool but there's just so much shit on there as well it really puts me off.

So I just wanted to say Bigup to the chronic for making such a well designed & damn good site & Bigup to all the moderators for keeping it all in check!

Respect Bigup Bigup Bigup
04-04-2005 12:36
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by basslicious
positive vibeeezzzzz to all of ya Big Grin Bigup

aaaamen

peace to that Big Grin Bigup

__

04-04-2005 12:53 Homepage of Emblem-X
Dj_Rinse Dj_Rinse is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

quote:
Originally posted by lizi
english youth (don't wonna generalize but there's something 'agressive' about them)

LOL yer I am an English youth and I completly agree with you ....because on the most part (obviously there are many like me who arn't, but) they'r complete pikey/chav scum who have nothing to live for just talk about fighting drugs and how many scars they have and who they beat up last night....and guess what .. they just go round in groups of at least 20(probably all from the same family) and beat the shit out of and mug unsuspecting and always slightly younger other youths!

How to tell what a chav is... I would explain but i can't be assed ... so just visit http://www.chavscum.co.uk/
04-04-2005 14:18
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

lol you hit the nail right on the head with that one Rinse
04-04-2005 14:54
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Glad it's not that bad in Belgium... yet

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-04-2005 14:55 Homepage of Surya
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

is it me, or are we bigger than breakz?
last time i saw they were at something like 2500 members.
We're at 3300.
But, wait.
AAAH, they got Wontime and Murdock in their memberlist.. Big Grin
they didnt post anything tho..at least not a lot..

dont think it would hurt the forum if we had some "well known, signed" producers here. like i'd say Motion Theory or System-D or Lady Vortex, she's been producin too lately with Kalder, they could give usefull tips..and if there from belgium it's even better..

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
05-06-2005 22:27 Homepage of Friscko
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_Rinse
quote:
Originally posted by lizi
english youth (don't wonna generalize but there's something 'agressive' about them)

LOL yer I am an English youth and I completly agree with you ....because on the most part (obviously there are many like me who arn't, but) they'r complete pikey/chav scum who have nothing to live for just talk about fighting drugs and how many scars they have and who they beat up last night....and guess what .. they just go round in groups of at least 20(probably all from the same family) and beat the shit out of and mug unsuspecting and always slightly younger other youths!

How to tell what a chav is... I would explain but i can't be assed ... so just visit http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

ROFL

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 22-07-2007 01:55.

05-06-2005 22:52
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
is it me, or are we bigger than breakz?
last time i saw they were at something like 2500 members.
We're at 3300.
But, wait.
AAAH, they got Wontime and Murdock in their memberlist.. Big Grin
they didnt post anything tho..at least not a lot..

dont think it would hurt the forum if we had some "well known, signed" producers here. like i'd say Motion Theory or System-D or Lady Vortex, she's been producin too lately with Kalder, they could give usefull tips..and if there from belgium it's even better..

Breakz is less international.

And we got at least 2 well know members. Stakka and Evol Intent Big Grin Not that they post a lot, but they did post Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

06-06-2005 07:18 Homepage of Surya
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

really? Shocked
get them to post agian Tongue
they could really give some useful tips..
and let us listen to what they're up to Tongue

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
06-06-2005 18:05 Homepage of Friscko
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » the difference between DOA and dnb.be