drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » G Dubs "dirty games remix"
Go to the bottom of this page G Dubs "dirty games remix"
Author

images/avatars/avatar-2538.jpg

Registration Date: 13-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.33

Ya know how that the vocal sounds all chopped up in the middle of the song, how does he do that? It's perfectly chopped up. the only way i can think of is to manually raise and lower the volume through the whole sample... that would take ages... There has to be a different and or faster way!!!!!! Can anyone help??????????
13-04-2008 21:26 Homepage of mowglibwoy
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Sounds like the sample has been cut and repeated and some pretty straight forward automation has been used on the sample using the volume/eq

NOt a bad mix, but I prefer this one of dirty games.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LqmvuwKw94A

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
14-04-2008 01:59
mowglibwoy

Helpfulness rating: 

on the mix I'M TALKING ABOUT... ITS NOT A SIMPLE CUT AND LOOP!!!! (like the garbage mix your talking about) G-Dubs is much more complicated... He must have an external filter that does it.... That's my conclusion... I'll have to ask some real proffesonals.... And by the way, I listened to the dirty games mix u prefer... RUBBISH, not worth the vinyl it was pressed on... Sorry but "I keeps it real"............
17-04-2008 16:21 Homepage of mowglibwoy
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

i know what ya mean mate.......

it sounds like the vocal is fluttering.

im sure there will be a plugin that generates this type of effect.

btw. as said above........ that track is a true classic, if tracks like that were not made we woild not have drum and bass now!

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

17-04-2008 17:04 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i tihnk you're right he "raising and lowering" of volume is how you do it, automated gate http://www.scuzzphut.com/Articles/freeplugins.html Scuzzphut6.5-lite can do that. but yea, a nice way to get swing rhythem to the vocals. it works for that track.

but it doens't sound like it's being muted out, it actually sounds like he cohpped upt he sample in 4/4 sections and spread it out over double the length causing it to be streched out with gaps in between.

there is also a distorted hi-hat that is played at the begining of each of the samples cuts too, to ad a weird start to them, which is seamlessly sounding part of it, just i hear that sound during otehr spots. nice technique, thanks.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 17-04-2008 17:35.

17-04-2008 17:31 Homepage of Halph-Price

Helpfulness rating: 

nice 1 on the link halph!

should be a nice addition to the production collection and very usefull!

__
soundcloud

17-04-2008 19:47 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i assumed it was the song "http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYxtyTZatU" black &white dirty gams remix not g dubs :/

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

17-04-2008 19:56 Homepage of Halph-Price

Helpfulness rating: 

mowglibwoy - Did you forget to have a wank this morning? What the fuck is your problem boy. Huh

I knocked this up in about 2 minutes using my method. If I could be bothered and had a decent sample of the vocal, I could do a lot better. Its pretty simple to do, just stretch the vocal and flutuate the volume and pitch.

As for 'I keep it real' Well mate, that was a massive jungle track back in 93 along with the B side 'Who jah bless'. You probably won't know that either. I doubt if G Dubs mix will be demanding a fraction of what STUDIO 2 mixes are still asking for, on that 'not worth the vinyl it was pressed on' track.

In fact, I doubt if G Dub would of even done a mix of this tune at all if Studio 2 hadn't mixed a jungle version years ago.

You are a prize dickhead.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e8g2ja

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
18-04-2008 01:40
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

so what the fuck is G Dubs? a record label or something? but yea, that's a good sound man, fucking ppimp, the time streching didn't see that, there is a lot of otehrs stuff going on in the sample tho, the distortion and compression makes each time teh sample comes in it's like a drum hits very sharp with a "transient" hit.

i am sick today, not in the best state of mind with some posts.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 18-04-2008 01:44.

18-04-2008 01:44 Homepage of Halph-Price
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by brucifer
You are a prize dickhead.

you said it brucimus, how fucking rude! pompous prick....yea go ask your pros and maybe while your at it.... why dont you have them make the sound for you

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
18-04-2008 05:51
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by mowglibwoy
on the mix I'M TALKING ABOUT... ITS NOT A SIMPLE CUT AND LOOP!!!! (like the garbage mix your talking about) G-Dubs is much more complicated... He must have an external filter that does it.... That's my conclusion... I'll have to ask some real proffesonals.... And by the way, I listened to the dirty games mix u prefer... RUBBISH, not worth the vinyl it was pressed on... Sorry but "I keeps it real"............

Do yourself a favour and go and ask the real professionals then. The guy has tried to help you and you throw it back in his face. You've come to the wrong website mate.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
18-04-2008 08:47 Homepage of Tomos
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
quote:

Do yourself a favour and go and ask the real professionals then. The guy has tried to help you and you throw it back in his face. You've come to the wrong website mate.

Second that. If you would have posted a link in the first place you would have made yourself clear. No need to call other versions garbage and no yelling please.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
18-04-2008 08:58 Homepage of BattleDrone
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

not yelling, typing in capitals.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

18-04-2008 11:19 Homepage of Halph-Price

Helpfulness rating: 

i did do an actual seach search and found G dubs track. That was what my diagnosis was based on.... obviously, my attempt of help was no good. I apologise... I'm obviously a total C*%T. I'm pissed at the moment, sorry!

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by brucifer: 18-04-2008 16:11.

18-04-2008 15:46
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

har har har

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

18-04-2008 17:12 Homepage of Halph-Price

Helpfulness rating: 

"chants" FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

g dub are a duo who make mainly jump up dnb.

__
soundcloud

18-04-2008 23:43 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:

what are you talking about, some ones gone out of there way to help you and you thank them like that. what are you going on about you keeps it real? do you think your ali g? you probably dont even know what you are 'keepin real'. you dont actually know what your going on about, maybe instead of learning how to chop up vocals, why dont you go right back to basics and learn some manners.

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by junglist06: 19-04-2008 20:05.

19-04-2008 20:02
mowglibwoy

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok, Ok, Your all right... your all just trying to help me... And I owe you all an apology!!!! Sorry for being a prick!!! Really!!! A thousand apologies....... Must have been in a bad mood... And I understand that was a big hit and all in 93'... I was 8 years old in 93'... But nuff credit due to the old school... we wouldnt be where we're at without it!!!! Again, Sorry fellow junglist... Thanks for the help... Ali G.. LOL BOOYAKASHA... I have to admit... I did enjoy all your comments calling me a prick and what not... I needed a good laugh...
Plus you all helped me reached my goal of getting more haters... And if you only have 20 haters by the end of reading this message, you need to figure out how to get to 24 by the end of the day! Nah just playin'.... haha... Thanks
One more thing... Everybody knows that Junglist are pricks... We're Pricks not Pussies
Let me qoute my good friend Evil B
" Cats who are hatin' say evil's a big prick"
" I'm lexington steele this is a big dick"
" It's ok, I'm a big prick I admit"
" But your a big pussy, I'm ready to get stickin' "

mowglibwoy has attached this image (reduced version):
wrwr3.jpg

25-04-2008 14:49 Homepage of mowglibwoy
mowglibwoy

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
i tihnk you're right he "raising and lowering" of volume is how you do it, automated gate http://www.scuzzphut.com/Articles/freeplugins.html Scuzzphut6.5-lite can do that. but yea, a nice way to get swing rhythem to the vocals. it works for that track.

but it doens't sound like it's being muted out, it actually sounds like he cohpped upt he sample in 4/4 sections and spread it out over double the length causing it to be streched out with gaps in between.

there is also a distorted hi-hat that is played at the begining of each of the samples cuts too, to ad a weird start to them, which is seamlessly sounding part of it, just i hear that sound during otehr spots. nice technique, thanks.

That plugin is for PC only... Any idea where i can get good plugins for MAC????
25-04-2008 14:56 Homepage of mowglibwoy

Helpfulness rating: 

Easy peeps.

I got an apology from mowglibwoy.

Think he seems a bit sorry and he still needs some help. If anyone can help, please give him a hand or point him in the right direction.

I'm sure we can all put this behind us Tongue

nice one Happy

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
03-05-2008 09:12
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » G Dubs "dirty games remix"