drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » calling all for help
Go to the bottom of this page calling all for help
Author
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hi im new to this and all i wanna do is create music. i chose d&b cause of the creative side of it and i believe no other music is as experimental. i havnt had the welcome i thought i would so im asking people now to help me one on one as well as using this site. if u no alot and want to show off please contact me as i have a million and one questions. i am a novice AND WILL BE UNTIL SUM ONE SHOWS ME BETTER.

Drummer

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by the moneyshot: 01-10-2008 11:59.

29-02-2008 01:31
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Yo

Hit me up on aim or pm me on here. Happy to help with any general production points I can

Reason, Cubase / Nuendo user

peace

BH

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

29-02-2008 08:09 Homepage of Binary Havoc
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by the moneyshot
i am a novice AND WILL BE UNTIL SUM ONE SHOWS ME BETTER.

Mate, it's the other way around - "You'll always be a novice until you learn the techniques yourself". You don't need to be shown most things because you can pick them up yourself just by experimenting. That's how the vast majority of producers start out. There's no one there to hold their hand, they just had to get on with trying things out and finding the information for themselves. It's fun that way! Big Grin

For startes, there's lot of websites out there will helpful information on production techniques, plugins, etc, etc. One of them is www.musictechmag.co.uk.

If you have FL Studio, you should deffo try to get The FL Studio Bible.

There's lots of tutorials on FL's website too.

Also, there's lots of tutorials on places like YouTube for every type of music production software.

Just get on Google and type in the query you're looking for. You'll probably come across loads of other useful information that you would never have come across if you simply rely on someone's help.

More websites to check out:

http://www.digital-blonde.com/index.php
http://www.dogsonacid.com/
http://www.dnbwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Tomos: 29-02-2008 08:56.

29-02-2008 08:53 Homepage of Tomos
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I think asking questions on the forum is not a sin. So shoot!

You should make clear which stuff you use for production because that can make a huge difference in getting/not getting help.

I was where you are, it can be tough sometimes.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
29-02-2008 09:09 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Let me quote:

quote:

drumnbass.be - support site for drum and bass producers & DJs

Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
29-02-2008 13:31 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

the thread title turns me into a stuck up dick when i read it! dont like that man.
and what kind of "welcome" were you expecting? people kissing your feet and throwing down rose petals in your path?

anyway, had to be said.

dont let the frustation get you, its not dotbee's fault you have not progressed as fast as you wished.

this site helped me sooo much mate, you just must persevere with it.
read all the forums and use the search option. i', sure there are things in there to help you.
BTW.. there is no quick fix to producing... expect to be making crap for a year before you start getting anywhere you are vaguely satisfied with

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
29-02-2008 16:11
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

what about that vst that master's and mix's down ya tunes so they are perfect? ant ya seen that?

Big Grin

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

29-02-2008 17:47 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
Wood. Wood. is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2469.jpg

Registration Date: 29-07-2007

after almost a year I finally started producing some good stuff, and it definately pays off if you keep on pushing yourself =D if producing gives you a kick, that is. recommended
29-02-2008 23:50 Homepage of Wood.
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by CULTURE BOY
what about that vst that master's and mix's down ya tunes so they are perfect? ant ya seen that?

Big Grin

Think reason has that button Tongue

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
01-03-2008 01:52
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

yes reason does everything for you..........Tongue yeah right....gotta love ol dillinja 4 that one.really you need to find software that you feel like learning or find a local friend that has software you could try and maybe learn from.once you learn one of them you have a pretty good understanding of what is happening and that will be what helps you.understanding that all of these principals can be applied from one program to another is another thing.look at presets untill you can make your own...play wtih nobs to see what they do....dont be afraid it your music do what you wish with it.if you get frustrated move on to another song.this will keep building on and on till you get to where you want to be.now prepare to be flogged with soap on a rope and beaten within a inch of your life you noob...... Devil everyone must pay to play,we will pick on you from time to time just remember ....its just the internet and we are just people tryin to make it just like you.so if you want help youve got to ask and believe half of what your told and nothing that you see(photoshop).yeah you mite learn how to make"that noisia sound" with a in depth noisia tutorial but what did you really learn if you just followed there step by step guide..........
04-03-2008 05:45 Homepage of demolitionkid
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

for Logic aid I'm your man! Love the Thundercats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
04-03-2008 09:39
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

beating a dead horse. You want to be good at your trade? learn it. this is the internet after all. the resources are endless.

it hasnt been mentioned yet but
dogsonacid.com

is a great resource. but please and i cant stress this enough.... DO NOT ASK HOW TO MAKE A REESE, without first using the search button. Big Grin

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
04-03-2008 22:36 Homepage of Arkitekt
Parasyte Parasyte is a male
aka Sickboy

Registration Date: 04-03-2008

It takes time, effort, inspiration and copious amounts of coffee. =]

__

04-03-2008 22:54 Homepage of Parasyte
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » calling all for help