drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Juz don't get it...
Go to the bottom of this page Juz don't get it...
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

quote:
Originally posted by muaddib

Now, I started producing around 6 months ago... still habing those begginers' mistakes..

that pretty much answers your original question right there...6 months isn't a very long time at all---i've been producing for 4 years now (starting from scratch in feb. 2000) and i'm still learning new techniques or 'tricks' all the time...i'm sure all of us are still learning new things, and will continue to learn new things no matter how long we've been producing...someone once said that a true wise man has more questions than answers---and anyone who thinks they've got all the answers is mistaken...i know you put alot of time and effort into your songs, and you want them to get good reviews/ratings, but 6 months isn't nearly enough time to learn and understand everything that goes into producing, alot of it is stuff that you'll learn over time---your tunes might sound good to you now---6 months to a year from now, you'll have improved so much that you won't believe your ears...have patience and just be true to yourself, and everything will work out....

__

01-02-2004 20:07
Qbit Qbit is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-159.gif

Registration Date: 14-11-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:
Originally posted by muaddibYou all should be proud with your projects, even though if you think it's crap, cause crap, in reality, does not exist! We all make good stuff! Bigup

Bigup Cool

__

Drop On Request
02-02-2004 09:29 Homepage of Qbit
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i`m trying to figure out why sometimes songs fall right together and other times they take a while to get shit going right....it`s like this one i`ve been working on...i got the hook but i don`t know what else to do with it....i need new drum sounds
....plus i use reason...and i hate the way you have to program the music either with a pen go figure on that one....or with a matrix which are so small so you constantly have to transpose the octaves....it`s annoying and it seems limited...my next investment will be an oxygen 8....so i can use maybe a real time pitch knobber....buah
03-02-2004 00:03
CH3M!K
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-75.jpg

Registration Date: 19-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by rorschach
quote:
Originally posted by Qbit
you have to be hard on yourself, push yourself to the limit. I have some 480 projects on my Pc, never completed because i thought it's not good enuff. Hell, i never like my tunes! I'm never satisfied with them.

wow how long have you been producing then? 480 is alot.. I started 4 months ago and i have like 8 projects now.. and they all suck bigtime ;-]
i'm desperately waiting for the day i'll be satisfied with tunes Big Grin

hehe i have like 3 backup cd's filled with backup flp's and zips i can't get over my heart to delete Big Grin

anyway i can't add anything to the things being said, i guess it all comes down to "oefening baart kunst"... Bigup
03-02-2004 21:24
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

what i've found about all of this dnb production stuff is just this golden rule that if you put enough time and energy in something it will come out in the end. it sounds so simple but i never fully understood it.

i've been producing (don't like to call it that as it's not serious enough to call it that..anyway). i 've been producing for four months now. purposely i SAVED everything i made. just to see progress in the end. and it's so fun to see or hear that.

it just takes so much time to get good at something. it's insane. you just have to give yourself for a hundred percent. it sounds stupid but it really is true. and everybody WILL piss of your tracks for some time or don't even review it but don't let that fool you. just KEEP doing KEEP KEEP KEEP doing new stuff and trying. AND NOT GIVING UP. and ofcourse don't do it for the stuff you get with it. i would love to see a release by myself but i'm not betting on it. i just do it for the euphoria i get when being creatively active. that's the same with my design work. it gives me such energy which i don't get with doing other stuff. i just HAVE to create.

i've seen it when starting out with design yeaaars ago, and i've seen it when i started out with music production four months ago.

TIME IS THE BEST FRIEND YOU'LL HAVE IN YOUR LIFE MATE!

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by peet: 04-02-2004 19:00.

04-02-2004 18:58 Homepage of peet
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

quote:
Originally posted by CH3M!K
quote:
Originally posted by rorschach
quote:
Originally posted by Qbit
you have to be hard on yourself, push yourself to the limit. I have some 480 projects on my Pc, never completed because i thought it's not good enuff. Hell, i never like my tunes! I'm never satisfied with them.

wow how long have you been producing then? 480 is alot.. I started 4 months ago and i have like 8 projects now.. and they all suck bigtime ;-]
i'm desperately waiting for the day i'll be satisfied with tunes Big Grin

hehe i have like 3 backup cd's filled with backup flp's and zips i can't get over my heart to delete Big Grin

anyway i can't add anything to the things being said, i guess it all comes down to "oefening baart kunst"... Bigup

the good thing about backing up all those zips and everything is that say a year from now---you'll have improved alot in that time, and will most likely have learned new techniques and things that you haven't found yet, and might wanna apply those new techniques and newfound knowledge to one of those old tracks...i've actually in the process of doing that, i've gotten alot of new plugins and other software as well as gained quite a bit of knowledge about production in general, and just wanna do those older songs properly...

__

04-02-2004 19:39
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Have a 'remake' of one of my first DnB tracks (the third one, I think) in mind. Remade all the melodies and stuff, but have to get too it now. Sounds better already, soundwise!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-02-2004 10:15 Homepage of Surya
Qbit Qbit is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-159.gif

Registration Date: 14-11-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Have a 'remake' of one of my first DnB tracks (the third one, I think) in mind. Remade all the melodies and stuff, but have to get too it now. Sounds better already, soundwise!

yeah, last week i spent 2 days on listening to all of them, selecting wich are usable...

__

Drop On Request
05-02-2004 19:19 Homepage of Qbit
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Juz don't get it...