drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Redrum Problem with Reason 4
Go to the bottom of this page Redrum Problem with Reason 4
Author

Registration Date: 27-02-2008

I've just brought a copy of Reason 4 and i'm having some trouble with chaining drum patterns. I have read the manual and I can't figure this out. If I select Redrum in the sequencer, create a new pattern and note lane, assign the lane to A1 or whatever then try to record it, I don't get any sound, or occasionally the first beat will play and thats it. Also, If I press a key the keyboard to trigger a drum sound, the mute button above the particular drum will go on. WTF is going on? this only happens with Redrum. Everything else seems to work fine.
27-02-2008 13:10
CLARKFADER
unregistered
hi there , all u have to do is , once u have u`r different patterns in the redrum , go to the "pattern and bank" buttons on the redrum , right click , and then chose edit automation , and a new lane will appear with a yellow button that says "pattern select" on it , once u`ve done that , pencil in a block , and it sould say "a1" on it , then u can change the block to what ever u want by double clicking the left button on u`r mouse , this should be it !!!!!!!!

i thnk it could be that u`ve got a 16 key keyboard , u can play the drums that u want on "-1 octave" and if u`r on "zero octave" , it "mutes" all the buttons , and when u r on "+1 octave" u can solo every sample , quite handy !!!!! this should help , any other questions , feel free to ask !!!!!!!!

let me know how u get on !!!!!!!!!
27-02-2008 16:12
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Tip: never use redrum. Load all the samples you want into an NN-XT and assign each sample to a different key. This way you will have way more control over your samples and adding edits to your drum patterns will be much easier.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

28-02-2008 07:51 Homepage of Surya
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Tip: never use redrum. Load all the samples you want into an NN-XT and assign each sample to a different key. This way you will have way more control over your samples and adding edits to your drum patterns will be much easier.

This

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

28-02-2008 09:57 Homepage of D2o
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Redrum Problem with Reason 4