drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Antiphase
Go to the bottom of this page Antiphase
Author
Sponsor

Registration Date: 01-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

a recent tune I posted on here was reviewed and a couple of people commented that it was suffering from phase cancellation.

I went back to my track and snooped around with Waves PAZ Analyser and found that loads of elements were putting readings into the antiphase area. I also checked out a good few vst synth presets and found they too are committing antiphase.

What's the deal with antiphase? Is it all bad? To be avoided at all costs or what?

Any opinions, and hopefully some facts, on this matter appreciated.

Cheers Wink
16-02-2008 01:58
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

it's bad if it's unintentional. it takes away from teh power of bass, hence why i usually remvoe most bottem end of instruments, so not to cause as much PC. Reverb and delays can cause it aswell. and stero imaging shit too.

mono bass wih all other deep-ish instrutments having deep end removed will help a bunch. most mixers remove bottem end as a rule of thumb. the more the better.

it's just that a deep sine wave in a physical sense is measured in feet where as 1k is millometers. a phase cancellation of a bass wave is hundreds if not thousands of times more dramatic the deeper the sound wave is, and easier too do.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 16-02-2008 03:08.

16-02-2008 03:07 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Antiphase