drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Feedback on this tune would be great
Go to the bottom of this page Feedback on this tune would be great
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

Okay for the indie headz amongst you..(Hmm.. are there any??) i was in the zone this afternoon after work and recorded this short track.

Here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5st5m3

I used one of my tried and tested programs which is vegas, basically a multitrack recorder.

Layered loads of recordings to create this track.

Used one of my Telecasters and my Bass guitar.

Just needs vocals.
Alot of my tracks do infact. Happy

I would be so grateful if someone would listen to it and give me a few words of feedback.

Not desperate, but there's nowhere like this place to get feedback as good as you do here..

Thanks

Glim

__
My Sounds
02-02-2008 20:53
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Altho I wouldn't describe myself as a huge indie fan I do like it a lot and I've been in love with South Youth and Radiohead for a long time.

Anyway, about your track...

Pretty good!! Big Grin I can hear elements of The Smiths, Artic Monkeys and even Thin Lizzy(!) in there for sure. It kept me interested till the end man.

Some pretty niffy solo work there. Spotted a few wrong notes, not many, but there's a fairly obvious one at 2.26, and from 3.29 to 3.39 the soloing definitely needs re-doing. Otherwise very good.

Seems to panned too much to the left, especially the lead guitar. Pretty good drums, especially the fills, by I reckon they need a touch of reverb on them.

Yep, shame there's no vocals in there. A bit of Morrisey on the mike would be sweet.

Hope that's helpful. I enjoyed listening to a bit of guitar work on here! Tongue

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tomos: 02-02-2008 21:16.

02-02-2008 21:14 Homepage of Tomos
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

Brother.., You're a credit to this site!!

I am grateful for the helpful and quick response you gave my track.
All points taken into consideration and agreed with..

Cheers mate, you take the time to listen and respond to people's music so so sooo many dont man.. Me included most of the time.. I'm a real lazy git like that.. Frown Frown

Throw another chunk of wood on that 'ol fire you got blazin' there n be proud of being someone that deserves gold in every competition of the Drumnbass.be Olympics..

Drummer Drummer Drummer TOMOS!!! Drummer Drummer Drummer

__
My Sounds

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Glim: 02-02-2008 21:22.

02-02-2008 21:21
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

the fast tracks have the best energy specially with live recordings. it shows Big Grin

drums are a bit muddy Big Grin snares do not need anything less than 100hz, and the toms need about 200-350hz controlled on them.

the guitars and bass fill it good enough.

the kicks needs a major boost int he subs and mid and everything. just go for 100hz with the kick if you got nothing else...

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

03-02-2008 08:31 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
...and even Thin Lizzy(!)...

Damn, that made me recall of Equipped... I wonder what the poor chap is doing now... Frown

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
03-02-2008 12:06 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
...and even Thin Lizzy(!)...

Damn, that made me recall of Equipped... I wonder what the poor chap is doing now... Frown

me too

Spliff
03-02-2008 22:05
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

diggin this. actually im playing/recording a lot guitar music myself atm Big Grin

there're some mixing issues but id get a singer first anyways.

very nice glim Drummer

__
MySpace
04-02-2008 09:38 Homepage of Rudeone
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Feedback on this tune would be great