drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Starting Over in D'n'B
Go to the bottom of this page Starting Over in D'n'B
Author

Registration Date: 05-01-2008

8 years of making music (only 4 seriously), and I feel pretty accomplished, even if not rediculously famous now. Yet I feel as though I'm lacking and/or just not reaching my full potential. And while I've got fairly good ideas, I feel as though it may be time to hit the reset button.

I'm at a perfect point right now, as I've attracted attention for some of my compositions/lyrics, but I'm still not very known/heard. I'd like to use this as a means to start over, hopefully for the better.

I'm predominantly an Ableton Live user, having made the switch from FL Studio, but I'm slowly starting to work with Reason 4. I would like to learn the art of drum & bass from anyone and everyone here, as if I were completely new to it all. Tutorials, step-by-steps, even lessons over IM if possible. I would be most grateful for what you can teach.
19-01-2008 04:11
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

The best way is to try and make a track very similar to one that you like. That way you'll learn how that particular style works and stuff. Once you can do that, go on from there and develop your own style. If you feel accomplished, that should be no problem for you.

By the way, I've been making music since 1996, and I'm still learning new things Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

19-01-2008 09:10 Homepage of Surya
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by ThirdChild ZKI
I would like to learn the art of drum & bass from anyone and everyone here, as if I were completely new to it all. Tutorials, step-by-steps, even lessons over IM if possible. I would be most grateful for what you can teach.

Theres tonnes of useful stuff already in these forums. Have a search around, you'll be glad you did.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
19-01-2008 09:18 Homepage of Tomos
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Starting Over in D'n'B