drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » most satisfying/disappointing releases
Go to the bottom of this page most satisfying/disappointing releases
Author
unregistered
inspired by bassilicious's thread, me wanna know what most satisfying/disappointing releases u heard recently (compared to the producers previous work)

most satisfying so far: calibre is surprising me more and more.

most disappointing: i hate the 'fresh' tunes, although i'm a huge BC-fan.
15-01-2004 20:40
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

most dissapointing are the invader stuff i'm listening to lately
after casualities of war got in my vinylbox i tought "if they put out a track like that they now bout quality,must hear some more of that wicked kind of stuff"
so i listened to some stuff on the net,and it's really dissapointing

the most satisfying stuff are all those wicked represses like "pulp fiction",or "all i wanna do" from stevie hyper d (r.i.p.)

__

15-01-2004 21:51
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
Originally posted by 2027
inspired by bassilicious's thread, me wanna know what most satisfying/disappointing releases u heard recently (compared to the producers previous work)

first of all , its basslicious Wink

i think the one cd that surprised me in a less positive way must be dillinja's Killa Hertz , to me it sounds like remakes of all his good songs he made some years ago ...

in a positive way i think i must say mampi swift , their new release , daylight , is really a nice mix cd Bigup i also liked their previous mixes but those were softer imo ...

anyway , not a dj so i couldn't tell ya anything in that area , so im not sure if this was ontopic ... Confused

must be exam stress ...

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
16-01-2004 00:17 Homepage of basslicious
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by basslicious
quote:
Originally posted by 2027

first of all , its basslicious Wink

i think the one cd that surprised me in a less positive way must be dillinja's Killa Hertz , to me it sounds like remakes of all his good songs he made some years ago ...

in a positive way i think i must say mampi swift , their new release , daylight , is really a nice mix cd Bigup i also liked their previous mixes but those were softer imo ...

anyway , not a dj so i couldn't tell ya anything in that area , so im not sure if this was ontopic ... Confused

must be exam stress ...

first of all
mampi swift is one person Big Grin Red Face

(sorry,my level usually gets lower on fridays)

__

16-01-2004 09:44
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

hmmm , strange , the last time i went to nuit blanche i thought i saw two persons spinning when mampi was playing Confused

it could be ofcourse that i was still suffering from the jetlag when i came back from hawaï (12h difference)

anyway , my bad ! Wink

__
16-01-2004 10:08 Homepage of basslicious
PrinZ PrinZ is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 01-09-2003

quote:
hmmm , strange , the last time i went to nuit blanche i thought i saw two persons spinning when mampi was playing Confused

it could be ofcourse that i was still suffering from the jetlag when i came back from hawaï (12h difference)

anyway , my bad ! Wink

i saw 5 guys behind the decks, didn't pay attention on who was spinning. I knew one was mampi swift and the others were his groupies who were there for important stuff like rolling joints, tell jokes , etc.... Maybe one of them was there to clean his needles Big Grin

to go back ontopic.
quit surprised about some of calibre's stuff. also begin to like the non-uk stuff more then the uk-stuff.
most satisfying release (for now ) :future prophecies-overdrive ep

most disappointing release: Confused . none i think
16-01-2004 15:38
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by PrinZ
quote:

anyway , my bad ! Wink

i saw 5 guys behind the decks, didn't pay attention on who was spinning. I knew one was mampi swift and the others were his groupies who were there for important stuff like rolling joints, tell jokes , etc.... Maybe one of them was there to clean his needles Big Grin

aaahhh , luckily , i thought already that i was going crazy , haha Wink

very confusing , its just like dom and roland , i had never seen em live and suddenly i see Dom with "zenne" Roland Big Grin Mystery solved , thanks for clearing that up , indeed i saw more than 2 persons at nuit blanche , now i'm sure again Big Grin

__
16-01-2004 15:57 Homepage of basslicious
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » most satisfying/disappointing releases