drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Protect your ears, you're gonna need them...
Go to the bottom of this page Protect your ears, you're gonna need them...
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

concerts sound the same with ear plugs just you can talk to people better. the high hates are a bit less, teh guitars arn't ear splitting and the bass still jiggles your pants.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

09-01-2008 22:05 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
concerts sound the same with ear plugs just you can talk to people better. the high hates are a bit less, teh guitars arn't ear splitting and the bass still jiggles your pants.

Exactly what I noticed. Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-01-2008 01:31 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

most will bitch about the feeling, but it's much like the volume, after a while you don't notice the difference, the effects of ear dmg is immediate if you have alchol, beause the bones that shift in your ears to protect you against prolonged dmg can't react in time when dulled with the drink.

so if you're sober a moderatly loud sound is ok, if you're drunk almost any sound of a snare will be hurting you. specially if it's 2 every 170bpm

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

10-01-2008 02:00 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Not to mention that when you're drunk, you are more likely to don't care...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-01-2008 12:57 Homepage of Muad'Dib
ASAE_Therapist

Registration Date: 12-04-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Nebulizer
I have noticed recently that my ears fuzz more than usuall when im in silence. Its now got to a point when i can hear the fuzzing when im watching TV or talking to people. I guess this is just spennding too much time at raves and listening to my speakers when making tunes.

I never got this before but now (and it seems quite suddenly) if i spend an hour infront of my speakers my ears fuzz really quite badly when i sleep. If i leave it a few days it goes down a bit, but i never go more than a few days without making music so the noise has seemed to build - i cant even remember what my ears sound like in silence any more. But the point is that im quite worried about my ears. Im only 17 and even though the fuzz is quite minor, what will it be like when im 40?!

What can i do about this? Will this fuzz go away? Is this an early sign of tinitus or some shit like that? Can anyone relate to waht im saying?

Your thoughts?..

I there. I suffer from tinitus for some years now and it simply will not drop, just grow.
There's a lot of way to deal with it but there is no cure. Tinitus is a disfunction between earing and brain, acting like deafness to that particular frequency.
Some cases of tinitus are centered on low sines, some in high and some severe cases you can start to have audio allucinations like constant background random music and all kinds of sounds that exist in nature, just not when you think you ear them.
My situation is getting pretty serious and i know can listen to 5 to 10 constant sines inside my head and is now having a hard effect on my sleeping, my moods and capacity of relaxation and concentration.
There are loads of cases of people going crazy with it and there's also a fair amount of cases that ended in suicide.
I now know of some ways to deal with it but i didn't yet choose my way... options include:
- Machines that produce background soundscapes like water, wind, etc. to mask your own omnipresent sine friend.
- Group phsicological therapy
- Planned busy days to make easier at night to fall asleep
- Having some ear implants that produce the some background white noise like sound, as masking effect.
- Some have a fair success with indian Mantras.

and some other options... For now, don't snort drugs when your going to be under a sound system because nose and ears are connected, Cocaine doesn't let your inside channels heal and is highly damaging under sound pressure, and ALWAYS take ear-plugs with you as religiously as your house keys.

cheers and... we made it to ourselfs, so deal with it the best you can.
17-04-2008 01:29
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

easy now, definately should have seen this topic earlier - a couple of weeks ago i went to a club and saw someone put in some ear plugs n i was tinking wtf but it sounds like a fukin good idea now! btw i remember watching tomorows world - (shows me age and level of coolness...) but i remember them saying somink about tinitus and how they had developed a machine to get rid of the constant sine wave in ur head. somink like they would play the same sine wine or frequency back to you for like 10 mins at a time and then after that the tinitus would go away in ur head for a few minutes. basically the more you do that then the longer the tinitus goes away for. anyways, this was years ago so dont bust out your casio keyboards and blear yourself with high pitched sine waves - im not too sure if that treatment was succesful in the long run. thing is has anyone heard of this technique?

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
27-05-2008 04:36 Homepage of Shinyuri
hardplnsdrftr hardplnsdrftr is a male
Streetcleaner

Registration Date: 07-03-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/alnasoearpl.html Allears

__
"Trouble is the common denominator of living. It is the great equalizer."
Søren Kierkegaard

http://www.myspace.com/hardplainsdrifter
27-05-2008 06:02 Homepage of hardplnsdrftr
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

well, I was bored at work and come across this thread....the offfice is really quiet right now..... all of a sudden I am concsious of this sine wave that I never realised was there before!!! aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

__

30-05-2008 14:45 Homepage of Ketz
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by ASAE_Therapist
For now, don't snort drugs when your going to be under a sound system because nose and ears are connected, Cocaine doesn't let your inside channels heal and is highly damaging under sound pressure, and ALWAYS take ear-plugs with you as religiously as your house keys.

cheers and... we made it to ourselfs, so deal with it the best you can.

And don't drink alcohol on loud parties because it increases the damage as well.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
30-05-2008 16:32 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
And don't drink alcohol on loud parties because it increases the damage as well.

I think that bit of advice is gonna fall on deaf ears, if you know what I mean. Big Grin

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
30-05-2008 18:16 Homepage of Tomos
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

Oh well... when you're old and grumpy you'll hate yourself for not listening back then ...

__
30-05-2008 19:01 Homepage of BattleDrone
secondopinion secondopinion is a male
producer

images/avatars/avatar-2573.jpg

Registration Date: 02-04-2008

had this prob for years ringin when silent around but now when ive had a loud session the pulse in me left ear decides to go on one it dosent hurt but is well anoying
any ideas what this could be
also found these well worth investing in

http://www.enhancedlistening.co.uk/produ...T_ID=&P_ID=1165

__
do too many cooks spoil the broth or make more of it?
16-06-2008 14:16
secondopinion secondopinion is a male
producer

images/avatars/avatar-2573.jpg

Registration Date: 02-04-2008

oh yeah if you gonna have custom ear plugs made or think you have a problem get your ears syringed cos when you listen to loud music the wax in your ear sometimes comes loose from your ear tract and rests on the ear drum causing some problems with hearing my doctor told me this last time i had mine done and if you have them syringed make sure its a regular thing once a year he said.

my auntie was into aromapherapy and bought these candle things that sit in your ear and burn down. the smoke somehow dissipates the wax in your ear improving your hearing a lot and yes i did look like a birthday cake but my hearing was so much better.again if you use these do it on the regular

__
do too many cooks spoil the broth or make more of it?
16-06-2008 14:31
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

quote:
Originally posted by secondopinion
oh yeah if you gonna have custom ear plugs made or think you have a problem get your ears syringed cos when you listen to loud music the wax in your ear sometimes comes loose from your ear tract and rests on the ear drum causing some problems with hearing my doctor told me this last time i had mine done and if you have them syringed make sure its a regular thing once a year he said.

my auntie was into aromapherapy and bought these candle things that sit in your ear and burn down. the smoke somehow dissipates the wax in your ear improving your hearing a lot and yes i did look like a birthday cake but my hearing was so much better.again if you use these do it on the regular

nice one mate, think i may have to get my ears syringed too, had a nasty ear infection a few years back (my ears were bleeding!) and even when I recovered i noticed they were a bit more waxy and would always ahve to pop em by blowing my nose while closing it, recently since i been makin music a lot (and yes i know i need to keep my headphones on a low volume) i been gettin a bit more ringin and ears are more waxy even when i clean em regularly, gta take care of them!

__

16-06-2008 15:00 Homepage of Ketz
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by secondopinion
... and yes i did look like a birthday cake

Allears Lol

__
16-06-2008 16:03 Homepage of BattleDrone
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone

I think that bit of advice is gonna fall on deaf ears, if you know what I mean. Big Grin

Lol! Nice one Tomos.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll try to get a pair of earplugs now.

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
16-06-2008 17:13 Homepage of Phalanx
northern dawn northern dawn is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 22-07-2008

yeah nothing as bad as the sound of a Miniature jazz band playing inside ya ear,i got a really bad infection in my right ear a few years back and plagues me from time to time,best thing to do is try and keep ya spark plugs [lugs] in good condition
30-07-2008 11:22
Thisisausername Thisisausername is a male
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2604.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2008

Hey, I'm 15, and have already lost my ability to hear frequencies in the higher part of the spectrum Frown . Should I prepare myself for something serious? Confused
17-08-2008 15:31
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

It is normal to lose hearing in the high frequency range as one gets older.
This process starts right after your birth so even at 15 this is normal, the question is: how much did you lose already?

- Have you been going out a lot in loud venues?
- Do you play music at high levels at home?
- Do you use headphone based devices (ipod and the likes) at high levels for hours in a row?
- Did you ever notice in a party venue that the music was physically hurting your ears?
- Did you ever feel pain in your ears during loud audio sessions?
- Do you feel a tension in your jawbone area after wearing a headphone for hours?

The more YES you answer on these questions, the worse you are doing.

__
17-08-2008 19:45 Homepage of BattleDrone
Thisisausername Thisisausername is a male
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2604.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2008

Well I'm forced to monitor through headphones becasue my speakers are extremely hi-fi, so I have to use headphones to hear low end frequencies. And occasionaly a noise (e.g. a windows error message) will blast out at a much higher volume than the tune. But thats the only time I experiance physicall pain with audio. At partys I tend to take a break every so often, but when I return in I usually go near the speakers.

And not sure what frequencies I cant hear, is there a test or something online?
17-08-2008 22:44
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Protect your ears, you're gonna need them...