drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » thinking about getting live
Go to the bottom of this page thinking about getting live
Author
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i just wondered what albeton is good for at how you use it in your producing. i have got the live 7 demo but i havent really had time to have a play with it yet.

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
16-12-2007 14:18
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I really enjoyed using live, I fell in love with it for a while - the timestretching is second to none as is its level of useability. Very, very intuitive to use, without much of a learning curve.

The native effects are good and very useable but not quite up to the standard of Logic. VST implementation is good.

My only gripe was the arrange window, I didnt really like the layout and found it all a bit to small and claustrophobic. Also the MIDI editing seemed a bit cumbersome. Hence the reason for my reverting back to Logic.

I found it great for creating loops but struggled to create good arrangements. Some people swear by it though, not sure what Live 7 is like I've only used versions 5 & 6.

Give the demo a good look though, you might love it.
17-12-2007 17:04
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:
Originally posted by Yawn
I really enjoyed using live, I fell in love with it for a while - the timestretching is second to none as is its level of useability. Very, very intuitive to use, without much of a learning curve.

The native effects are good and very useable but not quite up to the standard of Logic. VST implementation is good.

My only gripe was the arrange window, I didnt really like the layout and found it all a bit to small and claustrophobic. Also the MIDI editing seemed a bit cumbersome. Hence the reason for my reverting back to Logic.

I found it great for creating loops but struggled to create good arrangements. Some people swear by it though, not sure what Live 7 is like I've only used versions 5 & 6.

Give the demo a good look though, you might love it.

second that.

very good to draw down, record ideas/loops. a very flexible tool!

the only thing im missing is a folder function to group different tracks (like in cubase)

fell in love, weapon of choice atm..

__
MySpace
17-12-2007 17:09 Homepage of Rudeone
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

rewiring with reason is a snap//

automation was a bitch. although i heard they went to multiple lanes in 7.

arrangement was claustrophobic at times. zoom was also annoying... but i never bothered to learn the keyboard shortcuts.

am currently still on Reason.

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
18-12-2007 02:48 Homepage of Arkitekt
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Yawn

well try running live in 1900 x 1440 and it makes the arrange window super fucking small .it is a bit frustrating when you cant find the button you just tweaked 3 secs ago because of how sleek the layout is,but i find it to be very refreshing now that ive gotten used to it since live 5.live 7 Big Grin is fucking awesome guys!! the analogue synth alone is my personal pic for fav new add on.just gettin started withit though ill be posting some shit here MAYBE if i get around to writing some mo shiz.
19-12-2007 06:56 Homepage of demolitionkid
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

live 7 is the tits for every one who isnt a mac head and cant be arsed with cubase.
rewiring reason is a synch, automation lanes in 7 easy work flow.
ive even taken live out on laptop n played a 3 hour set with it, now can logic n cubase do that err me thinks not.

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
08-05-2008 22:11
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » thinking about getting live