drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Related styles » Dubstep » Dubkraft Rec Vinyl Debut - Alien Pimp/ka!
Go to the bottom of this page Dubkraft Rec Vinyl Debut - Alien Pimp/ka!
Author

Registration Date: 03-05-2006

Distributed by Z Audio
available here:

JUNO
CHEMICAL
REDEYE

these were said about the digi issue a while ago:

EMALKAY - Morphic Sounds/Boka Records:
" 'Robots and Cellos' is a right banger. It's one of those tracks that you could listen to all the way through, yet you know it'll go down well at any dubstep rave. Yea mon, can't get enough of those cellos. Devastating!
'Oil Man' is twisted, but in a good way. The sub on it is monsterous, I'm liking the whole dubby appeal to this, especially when you've got crazy sfx poppin out all over the place. It's like dub with tourettes. Big Grin
But yea, overall I'm feelin em both but I have to say Robots and Cellos is the one for me."

TYRANT – Kursed, Airtight, Influential, Knite Force/Breed, Def Wish:
“Absolutely love the first DubKraft release!”

DJ 2000F (aka Obeah) - Kraken Recordings/OHOI!/Pressing Issue Recordings:
"Ka: "Oil Man" - A truly heavy and atmospheric tune - I like it deep, dark and evil, and "Oil Man" is definitely lives up to these criterias.
Alien Pimp: "Robots and cellos" - Been a fan of the Alien Pimp for quite some time now. Robots and Cellos is worth the wait - mental bass and strings + staggering synth lines with reminisce of old hardcore rave sounds.
Big release, and congrats to the dark sounds of Eastern Europe!"

MIXMAG:
Romania’s first dubstep release contains some impressively tidy productions. Ka’s ‘Oil Man’ is the dubbiest, with real-sounding drums and some ringing techno chords, while Alien Pimp’s ‘Robots & Cellos’ has a gnarlier, junglist-sounding bassline and cellos playing a distinctly Eastern European-sounding melody line. It’s crunchy, high-tech stuff, and a reminder that Romania isn’t all headscarves and horse-carts.(Joe Muggs)

__
http://www.dubkraftrecords.com
16-12-2007 12:42 Homepage of alien pimp
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Related styles » Dubstep » Dubkraft Rec Vinyl Debut - Alien Pimp/ka!