drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Best/worst party experience
Go to the bottom of this page Best/worst party experience
Author
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

hi everyone ,

i was just asking myself , some parties always stay in your mind , even after a few years , becoz of good or bad experiences there ...
for example , i once found a brand new digital camera with a friend of mine at a big goa in Ghent some years ago , which is still being used ( by the friend, since i already had al older one)

or when you learn to know new people who stay in your life when you only expect to run into them once in a while Big Grin

There are ofcourse also BAD experiences , for example when you're going to a party in the south of brussels ( think it was Nuit Blanche with Mampi Swift) and the one in whos backpack you put your coat and sweater appears to have left without telling you anything and you have to get back all the way to the trainstation/home in your tshirt in middle of the fall when its raining Roll Eyes

there are also ofcourse the funny experiences for example when i saw that someone had fallen into the Vaart at Silo ROFL

so i'm asking you guys/girls

what is the best/worst/funniest thing you've ever encountered at a party , please let me know , i think it should give a good laugh Smile )

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
11-01-2004 14:38 Homepage of basslicious
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

Best:

1* to come Big Grin (I hope)
2* Andy C @ starwarz / what an atmosphere / I really was in the mood
3* It's like a jungle
4* Dnb Arena birthday party @ fabric
5* Technical Itch @ nightcruiser

Worst:

1* just some party @perron 4 where I had to mix and the needles were fucked up (now I always bring spares Roll Eyes ) (nothing against p4 though)
2* Starwarz metalheadz (sure it was great, but I was waisted.. had my last exam the day before and studied all night long / didn't sleep in the day)
3* Kemal @ rinse ...disappointing

Funniest:

1* some girls from the south of belgium that always start to talk to me and take pictures, but only when I wear a certain t-shirt (says 'jason' on the back) .. there's some joke about the name or something, but I've never understood it cuz of the soundsystems (starwarz/FC/..)
2* chilling @ a party, bit tired of dancing and seeing a guy (completely wasted) wetting his pants @ about 2m away
3* sure there's a lot more... i'll edit that when i think of something..

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by machakil: 11-01-2004 16:47.

11-01-2004 16:45
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Best: Impossible to say - way to many good parties Smile

Worst: Last ILT sucked (especially the public), Brussels Is Burning also sucked horribly...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
11-01-2004 18:46 Homepage of KoFFiE
unregistered
best: first dnb at democrazy (ghent) back in 1997, followed by all eskimo-venues. Also the first 'enter the future' (31/12/1999)

worst: this year, i think 11th of september in cactus (brugge): millenium kru sucked, venue sucked, people/atmosphere sucked, photek was ok Smile
11-01-2004 19:12
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

DnB

Best: Step:Red Face ne this year, D4MD, Andy C @ SW, the Star Warz just before the summer.

Worst: Dillinja @ 10 Days Off

Other

Best: Nico's Birthday Party with Phi Phi @ Extreme on Mondays (generaly these were superb) and HT (both years were great)

Worst: Kozzmozz, NYE @ De Nacht 2002/2003. Great lineup, baaaaaaaaaaaad sound an stuuuupid folks!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

11-01-2004 20:23 Homepage of Surya
D-Lux
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-121.gif

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Good: So many, But I will name a few

- Dj Rush @ fuse (on my birthday)
- First 2 I love techno editions in Flanders expo (amazing crowd in those days)
- Kozzmozz with jeff mills :o
- First DnB experience on a party --> last eskimo
- The 3 last 10-days editions where superb
- Last 10-days editions was even better cause I must have met like 20 new ppl that I am still meeting every once in a while
- Robyn Chaos @ P4 (man I was soooo wasted Big Grin )
- All other little and cozy parties I have been to Smile

Bad:
- The last I love techno edition I went to (must b 3 years ago or something)
- must b much more then this, but can´t really seem to remember any Roll Eyes

__
Every monday from 200h00 till 22h00! Check --->

11-01-2004 20:49
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by machakil
Best:

3* It's like a jungle

Funniest:

1* some girls from the south of belgium that always start to talk to me and take pictures, but only when I wear a certain t-shirt (says 'jason' on the back) .. there's some joke about the name or something, but I've never understood it cuz of the soundsystems (starwarz/FC/..)

Yeah , Its like a jungle is really a memorable party , was my first big dnb party and encounter with den AB ... nice Bigup

I also remembered suddenly that Ed Rush show at Nightcuiser some years ago , on my bday , and my brother had just given me 10 prerolled joints for my bday ... heavy wastednezzz Big Grin

Hey peter , i still do remember you in that Jason tshirt at Ed Rush in the Silo this year , that was from which i remembered you on the next party actually ( which was kemal in kaaiman , personnaly , i didn't think it was so bad , but then again i really was scheef once more coz of fa's bday that day Wink )

__
11-01-2004 22:18 Homepage of basslicious
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

best...sure step::one was booyaah!!!!! Huh Tongue Big Grin
others hmmz common senz (Leuven : music cafe) Shocked
danced the whole fucking night!!!!!!!

Worst:: some party in Brussels with Klute(he dissapointed me very hard that time)and nojzz,and wontime...eeumz, could be inside, don't remember anymore!!!

anyway, to much smoke inside, and fucked up people, dunno..could have been better
or maybe I just had a bad trip!!! Frown Tongue

cheerio!!!

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
11-01-2004 22:20
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

best:
-the last illegal boups party was great
-krust asking if anyone had a joint trough the mic on full cycle
-meeting chantal Big Grin
-first party:it's like a jungle 6

worst:
falling asleep on the last boups party and waking up realising someone stole my rugsack+mobile phone,...

__

11-01-2004 22:27
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

damn, digging in my memory

best party I ever did was an illigal techno party here in the neighbourhood... the sound and light was gone for a hour but noone felt like leaving the vibe was just so fucking right, everyone passing on bottles of booze, passing joints, having a chat and laugh with eachother... and then afteran hour the beats kicked back in Shocked Shocked Shocked suddenly the whole venue was on fire Big Grin that was the most wicked moment i ever experienced (except those on precious narcotics lol Big Grin hehe)

worst... hmmm must be antwerp is burning 3 years ago..

best dnb.. lemme guess.. hmm starwarz 7 i guess... pics in the party pix section here Big Grin danced all night with one 10 min pause i think lol Big Grin too sick for words, damn i was a true wreck afterwards.. last inside in la rafinaderie was great too!

worst dnb.. dunno really can't recall one night i really hated..

quote:
Originally posted by Airfull
anyway, to much smoke inside, and fucked up people, dunno..could have been better
or maybe I just had a bad trip!!! Frown Tongue

yeah remember that.. you were just f*cking stoned Tongue haha Big Grin I had a great time there tho..

cheerz

__

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Emblem-X: 13-01-2004 21:34.

13-01-2004 21:30 Homepage of Emblem-X
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

hihi!!!

bleh bleh!!!
I remember I had a nice time with Bau there!!
and i re-met a guy i got to know@area 51!!

but the music..man especialy Klute.... Frown Tongue

and hey!!!

what about the most wasted party??!!!!

I guess that was the first time I ever smoked
Sol y sombra...some african shit
and offcourse...seat=>beachrock!!!!!

still have picz of that one !!!! Shocked

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
13-01-2004 23:09
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Airfull

what about the most wasted party??!!!!

and offcourse...seat=>beachrock!!!!!

still have picz of that one !!!! Shocked

ow yeah , must add that one to my stonedest moment EVER Big Grin We we're located at the auto camping a few miles away from the festival , and we we're lying there smoking , laughing all day until we decided around 17h to finally hit the beach ... Swimming after beach rock at night = Shocked

..... DAMN COLD !!!

was fun tho , also have a lot of pictures left from last seat beach ; really enjoyed the drum and bass there , aswell as Herbaliser and Peuple de l'Herbe Big Grin , we we're there for 4 days when it was only a 2 day festival , laaaaaazzzyyy Tongue

__
14-01-2004 01:21 Homepage of basslicious
D-Lux
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-121.gif

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Most wasted must have been Fuse on the beach bout 3 or 4 years ago... To mush warm wodka in the burning sun :o not a good idea I tell ya... Had a black out for bout 3 or 4 hours I think... Next I remember I was in a ambulance Roll Eyes

__
Every monday from 200h00 till 22h00! Check --->

14-01-2004 09:05
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

After 12 years of heavy partying they have all melted into a blur, can't really tell any highlights Big Grin
The parties I liked best were typically the ones where I was most wasted, so that doesn't count Big Grin

The worst party I've ever seen was the christmas TD in Geel in December. I had to work there, would never in my right mind think of voluntarily going to a student cantus Big Grin . I was amazed at how bad this party was, had never seen anything like it, even though I must have been to at least 600 parties. There were thousands and thousands of people there, they had a big festival tent and a big hall packed with people but no atmosphere at all!! I think there were at least 10000 people there, I've seen like 20 dancing and 9980 hanging around feeling bored and getting extremely drunk. When I had to break down after the party there were still drunk people entering two hours after the party was over (which was around 4AM or so Big Grin ) screaming for coffee and talking extreme bullshit. The first 20 were funny and I just asked them to leave, but the next 200 were getting on my nerves and I kicked their drunk asses out of my tent the filthy bastards Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-01-2004 09:36 Homepage of thechronic
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

most wasted party moment must have been this year's laundry day.. drank a half bottle of bacardi, a half bottle of martini fiero (mixed into cocktails Big Grin ), a bottle of jenever, and they (luckily) took away my last bottle of martini bianco... result i ran around antwerp for hours not knowing what I was, where i was, what i was doing... all in tunnelvision.. result a 10 hour blackout.. Huh (started @ 3pm and 'woke up' around 1am..) a broken tooth.. and the most massive hangover i ever experienced..

stopped excessive drinking the day after.. this opened my eyes for real lol!

cheerz

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Emblem-X: 14-01-2004 09:50.

14-01-2004 09:49 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Most wasted? None yet Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-01-2004 10:22 Homepage of Surya
Scion Scion is a male
The Noize Squad

images/avatars/avatar-139.gif

Registration Date: 03-03-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
The worst party I've ever seen was the christmas TD in Geel in December.

Damn yeah, those TD's in Geel really suck! I've been there too once (it's not far from my home town) but it really sucked. And off course Geel really likes to have a closing hour @ 3 o'clock Roll Eyes result: no techno or DnB parties there Frown (altho I'm plannin' to throw one in the local youth house).
Most wasted party-experience???
I'm wasted @ almost every party, so I guess I can't tell... All the WiCkEd parties are great and wasted (organising it and having nothing to do but make fun at the evening itself rocks).

Worst party experience while spinnin' was prolly @ Konektionz (not getting to spin at all coz of the coppers Censored ).

Worst party experience: every party where there's no atmosfear (a shame you never now that in advance)

Best party experience (not being that wasted Big Grin ): everytime I saw reprazent live kicked ass, and the allmighty Crooked Nights and the Nightscapes this year was really nice too -> nice weather and atmosfear

__
Power to the peaceful
15-01-2004 15:14
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Pablex
best:
-the last illegal boups party was greatrealising
(...)

parties (especially dnb) can by definition NEVER be illegal Pleased
15-01-2004 17:52
MaydaY
Tourist

Registration Date: 06-11-2003

best :
- nightscapes
- loxy @ D4MD
- last 2 mayday's in germany... those germans know how 2 party
-1st time i went to ILT.. i think it was the first year with 5 rooms (5 years ILT)
-House Torhout... rocked both
-Pukkelpop with Andy C, wasted like hell
-first time at fuse on the beach... my first techno party and i could stay as long as i wanted to Cool a whole new world opened for me Smile

worst: 2nd year at ILT... and i never went back

__

15-01-2004 23:08
Benjammin Benjammin is a male

images/avatars/avatar-188.gif

Registration Date: 19-01-2004

Best

Hive n Keaton - Mombasa
Zinc - Field Day
SUV - in 2 weeks
Micky Finn - Mombasa
Breakage - Aree Bar

Worst

We don't get enough internationals to complaine

__
check your back pocket....
19-01-2004 22:59
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Best/worst party experience