drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » logic synths
Go to the bottom of this page logic synths
Author
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

sorry again if this is obvious, im new to all this but this is what this forums for right?

ive just started using logic a bit at college and thinking about buying it with a mac, but the synths it has doesnt really seem that appealing at the moment, is it just that i need to get to know them....?

these wav sample packs that u can download/buy, do u just load them into the exs24 or what?
cheers

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
04-12-2007 23:48 Homepage of bm84
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

the synths on it rock, you can do a lot with them, and they sound phat.

if you need examples of awsome sounds using only logic, listen to pendullum. that's all they use, and all their basslines and synths and pads, are done with just logic's few synths. Big Grin they do sound good. and they do a lot.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

05-12-2007 06:04 Homepage of Halph-Price
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

As far as softsynths go I only use the Logic ones. Coupled with the logic effects and a bit of imagination and programming you can do pretty much anything you can with any third party VST's.

With regards to sampling, if the sample packs come in EXS24 format than you can put them straight in EXS24 folder and they'll be there in the samplers drop down menu. If they're WAVs then you need to create a new EXS24 instrument first & save it before you can use it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Yawn: 05-12-2007 19:40.

05-12-2007 19:35
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

the effects are the only thing yuo could ask for mroe of, but the ones in it are good, just need to learn about effect order.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

05-12-2007 20:49 Homepage of Halph-Price
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

logic plugins are probably the best plugins you could get in a software package
from the reverb designer and the delay designer to the multiband compressor they are very effective and musically aesthetical

and the synths itself, well yeah, not the greatest out there, but there are some very very mean sounds in there too if you find your way around
dopfelganger, which is the simplest, actually made for click tracks
with some tweaking produces the nicest and roundest sub bass you ever heard, really amazing

__
It's a spiritual thing !

06-12-2007 13:05
Digital Cause Digital Cause is a male
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Woohoo! I thought there were no logic users in here... Check the logic tips thread, I wanna get that up and running...

The synths are good, although I only really use the es1 and es2... to be honest I could do with another nice one but they are good.

H.P.- did u read that about pendulum in an article? Please post a link or something if u have.

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
06-12-2007 19:23
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I spoke with a guy yesterday that recently switched to Logic, and he mentioned that the built in plugins are very usable, he was surprised by their quality.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
06-12-2007 21:00 Homepage of thechronic
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

I'm a die hard Logic(4-7) and Mac user. Solidness, ease of use, quality of sound and almost never crashes. EXS24 is indeed my most used sampler in logic.
the choice of sequencer is very personal. Its what you are used working with that depents on the choice. In big lines they all do the same.
cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
07-12-2007 11:28
GenericForXanax

Registration Date: 06-05-2009

Alright, I know I'm new here, but I've gotta tell you. I love LOGIC. I've used Reason and all the rest, and the way logic sounds when you working is amazing. I could go for a little more with the synths, but you can make some killer bass sounds in it. Only problem I have is with MIDI control. I can't seem to get LOGIC to remember to listen to my MPD32's controls (knobs, faders, etc.)

-Generic
06-05-2009 19:17
SiUnit SiUnit is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2844.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

Logic is awesome! I use it mainly for mixing. Space designer (reverb) is one of the best convolution plugins out there. Fast, easy and remarkably efficient. If you want to go mega geek, some of the things you can do with the environment are just insane. I built a custom vector (x/y pad) mixer for my percussion that I use all the time. You can can take any midi signal such as automation or note info, even unrelated 'meta data' and send it anywhere you want. You can make custom mixers where 1 fader controls a near infinite number of parameters at once! No other sequencer comes anywhere close with the MIDI capability Big Grin The ES2 is a really versatile synth, a jack of all trades. EXS24 is just insanely good, again really efficient. The automation curve tools are insanely powerful!

That being said its not without its flaws. Its not very good for audio editing, especially compared to Pro Tools. Also for moving things around and arranging it can be pain in the arse, things just don't seem to go where you want them to! I tend to arrange my beats and some synths elsewhere (Live or Reason) then import everything into logic for a mixdown to give it that quality sheen.

__
---//FAT BEATS!\\---
15-06-2009 06:06
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » logic synths