drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Noob question about active monitors and soundcard
Go to the bottom of this page Noob question about active monitors and soundcard
Author

Registration Date: 07-11-2006

hello i was think of getting a pair of Yamaha msp5 active monitors and an emu 0404 sound card. i just wanted to know if i can connect them speakers to the sound card and also i have a budget of £400 if anyone can recommend something esle

thanks in advance Smile
11-11-2007 11:44
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Im afraid you will need to buy a mixer ,dunno if emu got the speakers outs ,its not really common that sound card got them.cheers.

__
My Soundcloud
11-11-2007 16:06
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Yo

Paracytes right ^^^

The 0404 aint got speaker outs, you'd need to connect to an amp in the normal way I reckon

I got a M Audio Firewire audiophile card approx £115 which does a decent job for not loads of cash

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/productActi...OFW&context=WEB

For monitors I reckon Samson Rubicon R5A or Tannoy reveal 5A are amongst the best budget options

You could get both within your budget I reckon

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

11-11-2007 16:31 Homepage of Binary Havoc
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I have an M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard and active monitors from Yamaha. The soundcard has speaker out's so no need for a mixer.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
11-11-2007 17:15 Homepage of BattleDrone
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

"Speaker outputs" Confused

Only amplifiers have these. I have yet to see soundcards which can output hundreds of watts. Soundcards have line level outputs. BTW mixing desks don't have speaker outputs either, so buying a mixer just to hook up your speakers is useless.

You don't need "speaker outs" since the Yamaha's are active. they have a built in amp. Just connect to your regular soundcard outputs. Every soundcard has outputs, that is what they do, output sound Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-11-2007 19:22 Homepage of thechronic
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by Djm
hello i was think of getting a pair of Yamaha msp5 active monitors and an emu 0404 sound card. i just wanted to know if i can connect them speakers to the sound card and also i have a budget of £400 if anyone can recommend something esle

thanks in advance Smile
Cheers Djm, your probably gonna end up wanting to hook up allot more than just speaker's in the long run if your investing for production, in which case a decent mixer is a heafty, emu soundcards are from what ive heard one of the best if not the. I use same board as BD, the audiophile 2496 does all i need it to do and i fully run allot of gear into my pc, just tryn to help, cheers. peeee.

__
Space
12-11-2007 02:29
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Noob question about active monitors and soundcard