drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Double marking system?
Go to the bottom of this page Double marking system?
Author
www.myspace.com/uberchile

Registration Date: 14-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

i was wondering about the value of some votes on the forum

the producers know what there on about so thats fine

but - what if random members of the public interfered with the voting system

or even worse voted for themselves.....(which is useless)

this would become more frequent if the site was advertised more as stated in the previous thread.

what i propose is a double marking system where each track has a 'producer score' and a 'public score', all registered producers votes add towards the producers rating, and the public for theirs. etc.

this may also help determine what the public appriciate and what fellow producers do.

(also..if anyone ever voted for themselves when not signed in, (not that it would benifit them in any way at all and would cheat them from a honest opinion) it wouldnt affect the producer rating which would be a pure indication to the songs musical value.)

-unless thier sad enought to gain producer rights via another account...

just a thought , please bombard it with contra suggestions, faults and flaws or general abuse.

but if you have no valid reason........mabye you were voting for you self Tongue

please let me know what you think on this suggestion....

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Uberchile: 31-10-2007 19:21.

31-10-2007 19:21 Homepage of Uberchile
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

The IP addresses of the votes are tracked, so people wanting to cast multiple votes will have to do it from different internet connections. Same way making multiple accounts doesn't work if they are done from the same computer.

The guest votes account for 16% of the final rating, and it uses a median average, not a normal average. So this means that to cheat the system you would need to cast at least 1 more vote than all other votes combined, and all from different IP addresses.

If people would put that much effort in to cheat their score for 16% then IMO they can keep their higher rating as a bonus for extraordinary marketing efforts Big Grin

Ofcourse smart fellows can easily circumvent this by emailing all of their mates asking them to vote for their track. Getting a couple dozen of these votes will certainly influence the rating.
Again I feel inclined to tolerate this, extra bonus points for marketing efforts lol

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
31-10-2007 20:12 Homepage of thechronic
Uberchile Uberchile is a male

Registration Date: 14-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

yeah i thought you would of thought of some sneaky system

an idea already thought of i suppose !

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Uberchile: 31-10-2007 20:25.

31-10-2007 20:25 Homepage of Uberchile
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Double marking system?