drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Korg PS-3100
Go to the bottom of this page Korg PS-3100
Author
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

heres the story, >a buddy of mine mentioned that he had an ol Korg keyboard that was sittin in a basement bein used as a small table, said i probably wouldn't want it cause old n smelly ect. well i said to bring it over as soon as possible, this guy has no knowledge of synth's so he couldn't tell me what it was till i actually seen it, fuck sake times ten when i seen it, wasn't expecting a PS-3100 !!, beast and then some, came out in 1977, the first of three versions, weigh's bought 70lb, and smell's real nice, its almost fully functional, I can't believe it fuckin work's, that the actuall synth in my attatchment. Attatchin a link to me messin with it, can't belive it work's!http://www.sendspace.com/file/4v9xk5

__
Space

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 29-10-2007 06:43.

29-10-2007 04:47
equipped equipped is a male
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

i had to keep the video short so it was reasonable for loading so it aint very long, sorry, cheers.

__
Space
29-10-2007 04:54
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

what do you think o that one ol man Chronic?

__
Space
29-10-2007 05:05
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

sorry i should have also mentioned that my mate said this thing was meant to be thrown in the garbage several times, that was my main point, a lucky find indeed.

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 29-10-2007 06:35.

29-10-2007 06:35
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

oh my fuck......... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Equipped you a very lucky man indeed!! These things are pure analogue phatness with fuckin 48 note polyphony! it's heaving dude Drummer

You've got yourself one very valuable piece of equipent there bro, I knopw where someone is selling a fully restored PS-3200, which is the next model up for £5000 Big Grin so one like yours is probably gonna be in the region of £1000 - £2000 worth.

I'd highly recommend getting it serviced by a professional who can clean it all up cosmetically and give it an electronics overhall.

I'd love to hear some sound examples!
29-10-2007 18:26
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

e - bay

you could get a virus TI for that easy.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-10-2007 05:56 Homepage of Halph-Price
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
e - bay

lol, hp wishes.

__
Space
30-10-2007 08:27
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by crushfuck
oh my fuck......... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Equipped you a very lucky man indeed!! These things are pure analogue phatness with fuckin 48 note polyphony! it's heaving dude Drummer

You've got yourself one very valuable piece of equipent there bro, I knopw where someone is selling a fully restored PS-3200, which is the next model up for £5000 Big Grin so one like yours is probably gonna be in the region of £1000 - £2000 worth.

I'd highly recommend getting it serviced by a professional who can clean it all up cosmetically and give it an electronics overhall.

I'd love to hear some sound examples!
cheers for the feedback ol man Crushfuck, allway's good to see your still creepin around. Your right this unit is not as sought after as the other two versions, has a few major drawback's compared ect. but im shure you know i aint complainin, forshure hope to get this beast fully restored if possible, its in fairly good condition, id say 70% working, and the 48 note polyphony is outta sight, pure treat's, will forshure sort the sample situation, just scratchn the surface. cheers.

__
Space
30-10-2007 08:41
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I don't know this one but it looks like a big pro version of an MS-20. Yay this is just too good to be true, you often hear of ppl having these monster synths rotting away in the attic without knowing what they are worth, apparently it is true Big Grin

Wait i'm going to look up some specs on it and look at your vid Tongue

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
30-10-2007 13:08 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Yay it's something really special. It has an enormeous amount of polyphony, having a seperate circuit for every key which is extraordinary for an analog synth. That is the reason it is so heavy Big Grin

You might have some keys that are not working properly, but you can probably swap out a lot of the circuitry if you don't mind missing out on eg the top keys.

I saw some pics of the interior which is quite an overwhelming amount of wires. That's also a good thing, you might find some broken or loose wires in there which can be easily replaced, and might fix some stuff.

It looks a modular synth with the most useful patching hardwired, which is the same idea as the MS-20 (if you don't plug in any patch cords it works as a 'normal' analog synth). The patching makes it really flexible and you can do all kinds of fun stuff with it, try patching in some hardware filters or distortion pedals, or even using your software plugins as inserts.

Hehe just saw the video, noooise Big Grin
It also has an arpeggiator, nice Happy

I wouldn't sell it mate, this is a once in a lifetime chance you got having it dropped in your lap like that. You would regret selling it afterwards Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
30-10-2007 13:29 Homepage of thechronic
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
e - bay

Loser.... Wink

If I had a virus TI i wouldn't think twice about trading it in for one of these Big Grin
30-10-2007 18:49
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Yay it's something really special. It has an enormeous amount of polyphony, having a seperate circuit for every key which is extraordinary for an analog synth. That is the reason it is so heavy Big Grin

You might have some keys that are not working properly, but you can probably swap out a lot of the circuitry if you don't mind missing out on eg the top keys.

I saw some pics of the interior which is quite an overwhelming amount of wires. That's also a good thing, you might find some broken or loose wires in there which can be easily replaced, and might fix some stuff.

It looks a modular synth with the most useful patching hardwired, which is the same idea as the MS-20 (if you don't plug in any patch cords it works as a 'normal' analog synth). The patching makes it really flexible and you can do all kinds of fun stuff with it, try patching in some hardware filters or distortion pedals, or even using your software plugins as inserts.

Hehe just saw the video, noooise Big Grin
It also has an arpeggiator, nice Happy

I wouldn't sell it mate, this is a once in a lifetime chance you got having it dropped in your lap like that. You would regret selling it afterwards Big Grin
thankyou for the feedback and the link to the pics of the inside, that looks mental>>> he also pointed out the spelling>i checked and its spelt correct on this one, gonna try patching some pedal's into it like you said, i didn't know you could do that, ive just been patching with whats there, big cheers Chronic.

__
Space
31-10-2007 04:35
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by crushfuck
quote:
e - bay

Loser.... Wink

If I had a virus TI i wouldn't think twice about trading it in for one of these Big Grin

the price he could sell it would be as much if not more than the virus TI, i wasn't saying to go on craigslist.com and ask for a barter.

that korg is worth a lot of deniro! a lot! and it'll only increase in value.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 31-10-2007 16:39.

31-10-2007 16:39 Homepage of Halph-Price
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

[URL=http://www.sendspace.com/file/948zxm]

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 03-11-2007 05:19.

01-11-2007 09:32
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
I don't know this one but it looks like a big pro version of an MS-20.

was thinking the same...''this looks la bit like an ms-20''

amazing find man Shocked

edit: if i was u i'd hold on to it also, it's bound to increase in value indeed.
Also they don't make these anymore, u can always get a virus (if u find the dineros )

__

info/tunes :: MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by daze_DND: 01-11-2007 13:43.

01-11-2007 13:39
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

polyphonic MS20 Gaga

I wonder if it has the same filter......

I know its baby brother the MS10 didnt but it would be awesome if this bad boy did.
01-11-2007 21:23
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Korg PS-3100