drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Reason - Sidechain Compressor (for Bass) - HELP !!
Go to the bottom of this page Reason - Sidechain Compressor (for Bass) - HELP !!
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2272.jpg

Registration Date: 11-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.60

thats a tutorial i found.maybe some is happy and you know what i am talking about !

1. First of all, create BASSLINE (in my case i used substractor) and make any melody you like.

2. Now right click on Substractor -> create -> Mclass compressor (we do this, to route automatically subtractor's audio out to compressor in)

3. Now create Redrum machine. And program 4x4 bassdrum. In rack view (press TAB) route SEND OUT 1 from redrum to the SIDECHAIN IN in the compressor. Now turn the S1 send amount on the bassdrum channel fully up

4. We are done! Just play with compressor now (see tutorial file for parameters) and see the results by bypassing on/off.

i mean - i kinda worked things out lately with sidechain
but i am not happy with the result ! can you give me advices how to make a phat typical sidechained bass ? would really appreciate that !
thanks !

__
www.myspace.com/djsyneptic
21-10-2007 23:29 Homepage of syneptic
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

what would you like it to sound?

takes out the bass everytime the kick hits - simple as that. maybe the bass ure using is too loud? then the dips and peaks are too extreme

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
22-10-2007 07:31 Homepage of cynik
syneptic syneptic is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2272.jpg

Registration Date: 11-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.60

no no

its not about the kick / bass level etc.

i want these typical "duck" basses - like this spor basses in resistance or ewun screw up - kind of a "bomb bass" and sidechain compressor is a good tool for that.

this tutorial was ment to be that people know what i mean - but it failed.

because this tutorial is about making a kick pounding (duck kick) - like you said - kick + bass afterwards = sounds like a duck kick Smile

damn - its really hard to express myself in english ....

__
www.myspace.com/djsyneptic

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by syneptic: 23-10-2007 21:56.

23-10-2007 21:50 Homepage of syneptic
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

you can find the ms of each beat, ie 170beats/minute

170/60 =2.833333333333
so this means each beat is 2.83333 ms long. so change teh attack and decay to be some multiple of 2.83333 and you'll have a more rhythmatic compressin going on Big Grin

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

24-10-2007 16:20 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Reason - Sidechain Compressor (for Bass) - HELP !!