drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Related styles » Grime » What is 'GRIME'?
Go to the bottom of this page What is 'GRIME'?
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Thing that puts me off Grime and Garage and all that is the MCs .. I love some DnB MCs cos they've got flow, it's like adding another layer of added rollyness to a tune/mix. Grime MCs are all "Brrap brrap watch me merk your mum." Can't deal with that shit. I'm not a pussy by a long stretch but its all so unnecessarily aggressive .. Plus the beats aint fast enuff Drummer

That vid with DNB vs UKG ... how much did Fun smack it. Proves my point.

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
07-08-2008 20:31 Homepage of c_ctrl
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

TBH I feel the same about the aggressivness expressed in Grime and also to Gangster Rap.

Most of it sounds like the same words, chewed up, ground around, before being spat back out in a slightly different context !

I used to enjoy hip hop back in the day but I feel most of it has gone same way with lyrics based around grime and "merk"'n peoples dogs, cats, fish & siblings.

If they ain't spitting about killing someone then they giving it all that about how fast they car is or how much green they got to their names.

HeHe.

And yes it's too damned slow.

eZ 0ot !

__

07-08-2008 20:51 Homepage of Sentinel
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

i don't mind a bit of Grime tbh, but i'm pretty open minded on all music so thats just me, although one thing i don't like is the agro culture that surrounds it, not a big fan of attitude (nuthin wrong with pullin a screw face but its another thing when u start punchin peeps and stabbin them) - i guess grime has picked up where all that fusion garage vs dnb stuff left off

truth be said at some nights i've been to u get agro at dnb as well which really pisses me off as back in the day (yes oldie here lol) it was all about love of the music period - everyone was happy and wide eyed now some dudes dance to dark dnb like they gna murder someone - literally! noo! lol i'm scared!

__

08-08-2008 12:50 Homepage of Ketz
CLARKFADER
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by c_ctrl
Thing that puts me off Grime and Garage and all that is the MCs .. I love some DnB MCs cos they've got flow, it's like adding another layer of added rollyness to a tune/mix. Grime MCs are all "Brrap brrap watch me merk your mum." Can't deal with that shit. I'm not a pussy by a long stretch but its all so unnecessarily aggressive .. Plus the beats aint fast enuff Drummer

That vid with DNB vs UKG ... how much did Fun smack it. Proves my point.

i totally 100% agree with you , i have always loved hip hop and hearing mc`s at raves n shit , but grime is meaningless , the beats have no feeling , and its just the way forward music has made that i dont appreciate , like most music nowa days , gone r the days of having music that really grabs you , im 33 , and its usally what most people say when they get older, and the new generation start changing things !!! but i still have the same love 4 music and i cant understand why music nowa days , music has made a dive , i thought we should be progressing but it seems we r going backwards !!!!

but i do like dubstep , i know its hit and miss alot of the time and it has some elements of grime , but when its done right it can be great Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin !!!!!!!!!
08-08-2008 14:08
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I love the way they dis each other in hip-hop and grime but some people take it way too far, a 15 year old boy got shot and died round the corner from me a month ago, it was gang retaliation. and thats what a lot of this music represents. and the guys in these music vids take all this shit very serious and so do the listeners.

check this wiley dis by devlin tho...................its sick.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-1EVEKMF0
21-12-2008 11:14
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

I personally gotta love grime, cause I'm a big dub lova. Could do without most of the mc's but and I know I might get clowned for this, but alot of grime DJ's I've heard rock this shit, cause you can't keep from bobbin your head and her ryms are sick in this except for the gay constant "SOV", I hate all her other shit tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEh8iaqWg4

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
30-12-2008 04:59 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
denizen

Registration Date: 09-01-2009

i love grime!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pM-qTLoGnrY&feature=related

now that is naughty...

only thing that annoys me about grime is its hard to get a hold of especially on vinyl, and half the stuff doesnt even get released at all Confused
09-01-2009 01:24
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by the moneyshot
I love the way they dis each other in hip-hop and grime but some people take it way too far, a 15 year old boy got shot and died round the corner from me a month ago, it was gang retaliation. and thats what a lot of this music represents. and the guys in these music vids take all this shit very serious and so do the listeners.

check this wiley dis by devlin tho...................its sick.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-1EVEKMF0

you don't live in America. the same shit happens for hip-hop too, didn't it for you?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

09-01-2009 03:28 Homepage of Halph-Price
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Just for interest, I found two vids of two of the most established grime mcs, (some maight say most commercial, but they both got talent) chatting over DnB.

Wiley second MC in, he says his name, gives it away a bit lol.

Dizzee also with skiba.

Check it out, Tuff Rinse

__
Huh
16-04-2009 11:58 Homepage of TuffDread
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Related styles » Grime » What is 'GRIME'?