drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » RASTABOX Free dub noisemaker VST KVR Developer Challenge entery!!!
Go to the bottom of this page RASTABOX Free dub noisemaker VST KVR Developer Challenge entery!!!
Author

Registration Date: 21-09-2007

I just wanted to tell everybody about my entery for the KVR Developer Challenge 2007. It's called Rastabox and I created it for making dubby, spacey, sci-fi noises. Rastabox can make anything from classic dub siren to all kinds of vintage video game sounds. Rastabox is intended for live on the fly recording and performance, so tweaking the speed and depth knobs as you play will produce nice results. I kept it simple but it can produce some really nice fat sounds. Applying tape delay, reverb, phaser, ect. will also enhance the sound. I also included 32 presets for tweaking.
This plug-in took me a long time to make Rastabox. So if you like it and find it useful, please vote for me...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lithium: 21-09-2007 20:58.

21-09-2007 20:57
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Nice VST, will try it for sure...

Common peeps... let's vote!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
22-09-2007 10:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

first, awsome i was looking for one, second wow, that's a lot fo vsts. *erection*

mix the rastabox with tapedelay from www.interruptor.com SWEET. that synth is so much more phatter then the one he made for that good delay unit he had. either that or the PSP lexicon delays do nice tape sound. PSP 84, never had anything good to make it sound like a tape regge, but now i do, THANKS A MILLION, you got my number 1 vote.

sound of nature did good, lot of unique sounds i can enjoy for so many reasons, i love random organic digital sounds, and he made my heart throb.

wasn't as impressed by element of surprise as i thought iw as gunna be. it's cool and got a lot of presets, but since i can't change them, it's useless for production, but not for song writting, could replace the synth after... has a good range of presets.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 22-09-2007 15:06.

22-09-2007 14:16 Homepage of Halph-Price
freqrush

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Great plugin indeed! You got my votes for them Lithium ;-)

But don't forget to check out the one we made : Frequency Filtered Delay,
and Dr.Modus .

FFDelay has an LFO, a filter, a delay and a soft distortion in one effect box,

and Dr.Modus is a good looking multi track drum module ...

There's so much goodies ...

Enjoy the competition Big Grin
23-09-2007 19:00
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

both the other ones i have better plug-ins for, but the rastabox isn't something amazing, it's just good and simple and fits a niche. that's the best way to do well with something like this. just like the nature sounds, nothing like that have i seen before.

i mean delays and filters and drum and synthesizer, there's a thousand out there, that do more then them and are more complete and complex, and probably sound quality too. but sometimes less is more.

best of luck.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

24-09-2007 00:17 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » RASTABOX Free dub noisemaker VST KVR Developer Challenge entery!!!