drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Saeteck - conquest
Go to the bottom of this page Saeteck - conquest 2 Votes - Average Rating: 7.002 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-169.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2003

Please check out my new track 'conquest' in the listen page and post your comments here!!!
18-12-2003 12:45
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Like the sound and the armosphere in the track

But it really sounds lofi, altho it is 128kbps. So either you have a REALLY bad MP3 encoder, or you downgraded the quality deliberatly, or you should do some serious work on the mastering!
Hope it's not the latter...
Amen is a bit too loud in comparison to the rest.
Sub could use a slight boost and the main melody too.
A bit a short track, is this finished already?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

20-12-2003 21:52 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I have just listened to both of your tracks and there is something in your work that really gets me. I don't know how to say it really but I think you have The Vision or something like that Big Grin

This one is a little roughly produced but the melodies and sounds are really great, refreshing and original!! Bigup

The structure needs some work though and you need to mix it a little tighter, but you somehow got a feel for music that gives me great hope for new dnb styles in the future!

Saeteck, you've got a fan!! Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-01-2004 21:40 Homepage of thechronic
Saeteck
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-169.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2003

Thx a lot Big Grin !

again, if anyone has some hints for mixing and mastering, shoot, 'cause I don't get the right feel yet.
13-01-2004 15:38
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

You can't do mastering at home really, unless you got some real good processors and speakers to do it on...

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
13-01-2004 19:04 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Indeed, but what you should keep in mind when making the mixdown:
- everything should sounds clear with well ballanced sound (enough of the right frequency's, hihats should have enough hi-end (duh and so on)
- everything should be hearable to some level. Backgroundnoises are obviously less loud, but should still be noticable, nothing should overpower the rest...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-01-2004 20:56 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Oh yeah and the best trick is to check the mix at a very low volume. If you hear everything in balance at low volumes you have a good mix. Mixing at high volume is useless anyway, if you go above 90dBSPL you can't hear properly anymore, and a lot of home speakers and amps start sounding a bit troublesome anyway at louder volumes.

Check on as many different systems as you can, different hifi or pro amps, headphones, car stereo, portable stereo etc. It should sound good on everything. Compare it to a perfectly mixed track on the every system (I often use The Prodigy to compare with, but you can use nearly every popular track as a reference). And then get your track to sound as good as your reference Big Grin Listen to every element one by one and compare it to the reference: is the bass equally loud? The kick, the snare, the lead melody, the backing melodies, the cymbals, the hihat etc etc

Also check the track for consistency, do some sounds get pushed away when other sounds appear? If this happens you need to EQ the sounds so they fit together well.

Well that's a basic starting point Big Grin

__
13-01-2004 21:08 Homepage of thechronic
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

just listening to it!!!!

nice thing, not to hard, or to soft!!

*swinging on my chair*

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
13-01-2004 21:17
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Saeteck - conquest