drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Rilatin (how about if you want to rename the thread, make your own.)
Go to the bottom of this page Rilatin (how about if you want to rename the thread, make your own.)
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Risk of death

By early 2006 at least 19 cases had been reported of Cardiac arrest in children taking methylphenidate(New Scientist 18 Feb. 2006). In response the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee to the FDA on February 10, 2006 voted by a margin of eight to seven to recommend a "black-box" warning describing the cardiovascular risks "for children with underlying cardiovascular defects" of stimulant drugs used to treat attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder [24]. In response to this recommendation, on March 22, 2006 the FDA Pediatric Advisory Committee decided that the medications do not need "black box" warnings about their risks, noting that "For normal children, these drugs do not appear to pose an obvious cardiovascular risk." [25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritalin

i feel ADHD is not a real disorder, and children, as well as adults, with ADHD just have shorter attention spans. often a sign of a creative mind. they get bored with the mundane. they need extra attention, and can be more productive in a creative job, as long as it's something that interests them. accounting would be boring for most anyone, ADHD that are not interested in math will not care about accounting. this does not mean you have to risk their lives with medication. there is nothing sane about using drugs to attain what was not ment to be. the child doesn't like accounting, he will not be an accountant, he willb e disruptive and get distracted during anytihng math related. drugs come in when the parents/teachers jsut don't have the time or patience themselves to deal with a child being forced to attain something not worth wild to them that they obviosuly are not appreciated to understand.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 25-08-2007 01:26.

22-08-2007 21:53 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I am so with you on this one. ADHD is diagnosed exactly because parents and teachers are lazy and have no means of devoting time to their kids.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
23-08-2007 09:39 Homepage of Muad'Dib
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

ok, Muad, don't just say that to anyone, you could cause anger by saying that. I personally know 1 kid who is really "crazy" and annoying when not taking his medicine, he even cries about it because he can't handle his own behaviour. Don't blame the parents for everything, that's the easy way.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
23-08-2007 11:43 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Well, I am not saying that all people's ADHD is caused by neglectful parental care. There must be some genetic predetermination in the course of brain cell development or adrenal/attention receptors or whatever. But I don't think evolution has caused 30% of the people/kids to have ADHD. I mean, it's not believable that so many kids have attention disorders, and it looks more to me like a misguided study program/bad parental(teacher) care and of course the "overly" complex world (which causes me some troubles also. I guess I have very mild case of ADHD myself but that's because I want to know everything/learn everything/see everything)

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
23-08-2007 15:24 Homepage of Muad'Dib
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

50 years ago kids got beaten much more by their parents, teachers, school mates, ... maybe that helped Big Grin

A main influence is food, with a good diet many kids show great improvement. Fast food and especially cola seem to be very negative on them. Also TV, fast and aggressive games, too little social contact, lack of sleep, lack of physical activity, bad or little communication about things that matter seem to have their influence on these kids, but there's no magical solution to solve the problem.

Another fact: in the past the symptomes for a lot of deseases were unknown to many people/doctors. A kid was seen as hard to handle and got a good spanking to correct the behaviour. Making the kid shy and underdeveloped after a while. Those were the losers whereas today they get treatment and thus chances. Just imagine being dyslectic with an IQ of 140 in 1920. You would be just the dumb kid of the class, nothing more.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
23-08-2007 21:21 Homepage of BattleDrone
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i feel you on that halph there are a LOT of lazy parnets that instead of teaching thier children how they are suppose to act,would rather give them the "wonder drug of the moment".i took a couple of ritalin once just to see what it did.didnt really notice anything other than feeling a lil energized.its suppose to have the opposite effect on children but i am not a doctor or a psychologist so i dont know if that was true or just hearsay . some children not all of them do seem to have issues with attention,whether thats from lack of the parents discipline,a possible chemical imbalance from when the child was formed in the womb because of the mothers "habits" or if its a real condition im not certain of.something should def be done in the home to make things better for those children in need of the attention that they are not getting. Rinse
24-08-2007 01:15 Homepage of demolitionkid
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Rilatin (how about if you want to rename the thread, make your own.)