drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » Need help with click noise!
Go to the bottom of this page Need help with click noise!
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Hi,
Whenever i slice up audio files with the scissors tool on cubase i get a click noise where the chopped audio file ends and another audio file begins when i play the audio files in my songs.

An example of this would be when i slice a chunk out of a piece of audio that i want. If i was to duplicate this piece of audio a number of times, or even put this slice before or after another audio file, when i play them there would be a slight click where the audio files meet.

Basically, when i slice and rearange audio files i dont get a seamless playing through them, i just get clicks where they all meet.

How do i get rid of this?
13-08-2007 00:28
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

you have to cut the file at the zero point. when it's not above or below the middle line. what you're hearing is a square wave. your speaker is pushing out or in, and then mid way it snaps back to zero push. middle.

most programs will auto-cut at the zero point or spline the last cut to middle, and that will remove the pop, but obviously cubase doesn't do that. soy uo have to zoom in ALL THE WAY to see it. pain in the ass.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

13-08-2007 01:39 Homepage of Halph-Price
collective collective is a male
TeamSleaze.com

Registration Date: 28-11-2006

you could just use the declicker program that comes standard with cubase thatr will do it for you it will get rid of the clicking and popping by sort of melting the two audio file waves together try it and have a look comes as a standard setting

__
did you know that some men go out with men not as freinds!!! huummm thats a bit odd aint it!!!!!!
13-08-2007 18:40 Homepage of collective
DJ_Dejavu
Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by collective
you could just use the declicker program that comes standard with cubase thatr will do it for you it will get rid of the clicking and popping by sort of melting the two audio file waves together try it and have a look comes as a standard setting

Where can i access this declicker program? Is it a VST or a setting somewhere else?

Also, could you explain the thing about the zero points a bit more simply Halph. I didnt really understand, sorry. Is there some setting so that it will auto-cut at the zero point?

Thanks.
14-08-2007 01:17
TeamSleaze.com

check in you vst inserts its the restoration group under declicker hence the name of it Big Grin its in there and it has a setting for it so hope that helps you

__
did you know that some men go out with men not as freinds!!! huummm thats a bit odd aint it!!!!!!
14-08-2007 13:17 Homepage of collective
DJ_Dejavu
Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by collective
check in you vst inserts its the restoration group under declicker hence the name of it Big Grin its in there and it has a setting for it so hope that helps you

I dont seem to have this on my version of cubase. I have Cubase SX3 but theres only the option of grungelizer under the catagory of 'restoration'?

Is there another way to fic this problem#?
16-08-2007 01:56
TeamSleaze.com

errm i dont know it should have it on there

im using nuendo 3 which is just the same as cubase3 so i would have thought it was on there but it seems its not i dont haave a clue then how to stop it popping other than that way

__
17-08-2007 09:39 Homepage of collective
DJ_Dejavu
Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

Need some help on this one people. Ive been chopping up a lot of samples recently and a lot of them seem very clicky due to this problem.

I tried searching on the cubase manual but searching the words 'pop' and 'click' seem to get a hit on every page (pop-up menu, click...)

Does anyone else get this problem? does everyone use a de-clicker? Where is the setting to cut at the zero point?

Thanks
23-08-2007 20:10
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

You can open those samples in an audio editor (say, Sound Forge) and fix their waveline so that they start at the 0db point and not from some arbitrary value, which causes the click.

Just zoom very much, and search for bad shapes in the line (preferably the ones that are at the very beginning and start not from the NULL line/0db) and fix them, thus destroying the clicks.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
24-08-2007 10:11 Homepage of Muad'Dib
TeamSleaze.com

dejavu check your pm box dude

__
24-08-2007 19:52 Homepage of collective
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

like the thread next to this, zoom & cut at zero point.

cubase gives you the option to zoom in to a level where it's just plain ridiculous, USE IT !

those kind of edits is what make the difference between a tight snare and a loose snare f.e. ...

__
It's a spiritual thing !

10-09-2007 17:26
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » Need help with click noise!